Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh v1 has the dirty look? I didn't know that. I thought he looked fresh. Do you have pics?

There's subtle dirt applied to his face, shows up the strongest on the forehead and cheeks, it's really awesome, in hand the whole face just looks like it's been out in the field having all kinds of dirt blown at it. Also, while his pants don't have spots of weathering on them, they almost look one colored because of the muted look to the camo, which is how camo comes out when it's weathered and dirtied, I had to customize my ALIENS figure to look this way, this time they got a worn look from the factory instead of the brand new, fresh look like Dutch has. The coat is also weathered, it's really nice, there's subtle spots all over it at points like his shoulders where the color would wear away the most from action, and the weapons are all weathered too. This guy definitely looks like he's been around, nothing factory fresh looking about him, probably the best soldier figure I've received straight from the factory. Other than dirtying things more if your personal taste is to have a super dirty look, I don't feel there's much need to do more to him.

46.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

Those pics are awesome! That does look great. If I didn't have so many other things to buy I'd get 'em both. Are you getting v2?

Yup, I love both looks of him, as long as he had the scarred face to really set him apart from just being the first release in different clothes, I was sold, the hydrobot and display stand are just icing. I really liked both costumes, I think v1 is a better looking costume, v2 is cooler in terms of his tactical gear and weapons.

The pics are really nice. As Maul stated it is a subtle "dirty" look. The pics do not do the in hand appearance justice.

Indeed, however they applied it, it doesn't necessarily come accross well in photos, it's really hard to find lighting that shows it as weathering and not just enhanced shadowing.

Yup, I love both looks of him, as long as he had the scarred face to really set him apart from just being the first release in different clothes, I was sold, the hydrobot and display stand are just icing. I really liked both costumes, I think v1 is a better looking costume, v2 is cooler in terms of his tactical gear and weapons. Indeed, however they applied it, it doesn't necessarily come accross well in photos, it's really hard to find lighting that shows it as weathering and not just enhanced shadowing.
I agree that the v1 clothes are nicer. I just like the tatical gear more but that doesn't make them nicer. The stand is honestly what sold me on this. I love the sitting down pose, that's how I plan on setting mine up.

Most of my collection isn't on display, so my excitement with figures tends to be towards what photographic fun I can have with them. When I do get things on display, I'll have v1 on the fancy base and v2 squaring off with my T-800 Endo.

The pics are really nice. As Maul stated it is a subtle "dirty" look. The pics do not do the in hand appearance justice.

Agree, people must see it in person to realise how fantastic the paint job is. This is my second favourite headsculpt. Number one is Enterbay Jack.

Last edited:
Back