Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny someone should resurrect this thread. I took the other Bale Connor figure out of the box again where it had been for a few years now when I decided I'd sell it but never did.

Anyway, great looking figure. Just a damn shame that the jacket is disintegrating with cracks opening up when I posed the arms. The other issue was the velcro being so weak on all the ammo pouches.

Thanks, here's a few pics from the unboxing

30759707074_c14241ce67_b.jpg

31454220282_fdaa3b62a7_b.jpg

31484935721_b1c88532a0_b.jpg

31484940781_c4c3cd4dae_b.jpg

31484946741_bda60f4d42_b.jpg

31484950571_6f9094e302_b.jpg

wow, look at the amount of respect they gave the ****tiest movie in whole franchise. (didn't see dark farts yet). it's levels above their MMS238.

That's back when they actually cared about those properties. That was way before Avengers and Star Wars figures.

I always liked this figure and that fantastic base with the tentacle thing but never got around to picking one up.

Preferred it to the leather jacket version, which was having issues shortly after release.

I really liked the stand and the Hydrobot was well done. Those 2 things gave the figure and its relatively boring (but evidently far more durable) outfit some oomph.

I really wish someone would make a replacement jacket for the first version. I still love the salvation figures. I Really love them even more now considering they're all about marvel and star wars.

Seems Ireland is warming up sooner than the UK. The patch on mine fell off long ago and now the arms are splitting when I repose.

There's a leather paint called angelus matte acrylic finisher, you can get a bottle for under $10. It will help "seal" the pleather of his jacket so it won't crack or peel anymore. It does dry somewhat glossy even though it says matte finish. If you have the time and patience definitely give it a shot, just use a soft paint brush to apply and take your time.

There's a leather paint called angelus matte acrylic finisher, you can get a bottle for under $10. It will help "seal" the pleather of his jacket so it won't crack or peel anymore. It does dry somewhat glossy even though it says matte finish. If you have the time and patience definitely give it a shot, just use a soft paint brush to apply and take your time.

Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering if there is a product which could protect the fabric on the coat.

Seems Ireland is warming up sooner than the UK. The patch on mine fell off long ago and now the arms are splitting when I repose.

Yeah I have seen some pics of the jacket from this fig and the jacket has totally crumbled, its a shame as this is one of my fav figs but I dare not touch it anymore.

Last edited:
Hot Toys was at the pinnacle of their game when this came out. I grabbed an extra-hydrobot at the time to pose him fighting one as the other was climbing up his back...lol. I have not unpacked my MMS 95...I need to see what the condition of the jacket is and get that acrylic finisher to stop any future degredation.

I got a replacement jacket from ebay years ago, it was holding up fine last I checked, but with taht too its only a matter of time

Thanks for the tip. I have been wondering if there is a product which could protect the fabric on the coat.
anyone used this method? how us it holding up?

i just tested the satin on a pair of painted boots. the finisher feels more like lotion i wonder if it really forms a harder clear once dried?

Hot Toys was at the pinnacle of their game when this came out. I grabbed an extra-hydrobot at the time to pose him fighting one as the other was climbing up his back...lol. I have not unpacked my MMS 95...I need to see what the condition of the jacket is and get that acrylic finisher to stop any future degredation.
Sold my MMS 95 keeping final battle. Still holds up… (ps T Salvation is a ‘guilty pleasure’ movie for me… I like it — kinda sad that I sold Marcus.. but his pleather jacket and rubber arms are destined to go to dust)

Back