Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for this figure they could at least fix the headsculpt

Fix, no, change the expression maybe. Whatever aspects aren't right for Bale on the v1, if they were corrected on this head it'd be weird to have it with the first figure and not look the same being made around the same time. Other than the first one, all the Joker heads from HT have had the same features and all so they at least look alike.

I'm hoping the reuse of the v1 portrait means they just made more of it while making the corrected v1 paint job and this will look identical but for the scar, making both figures consistent with each other.

A week maybe, hard to say, not sure how significant the PDA will seem to folks to get it through Sideshow vs. trying to save some looking around elsewhere.

A week maybe, hard to say, not sure how significant the PDA will seem to folks to get it through Sideshow vs. trying to save some looking around elsewhere.

Youve probably been asked this before, but are you going to pre-order this one? If so, Exclusive or regular?

Already preordered the exclusive, since I do all the photo stuff with my figures, I like to get all the accessories available, gives me options, and the price difference is minimal.

Fix, no, change the expression maybe. Whatever aspects aren't right for Bale on the v1, if they were corrected on this head it'd be weird to have it with the first figure and not look the same being made around the same time. Other than the first one, all the Joker heads from HT have had the same features and all so they at least look alike.

I'm hoping the reuse of the v1 portrait means they just made more of it while making the corrected v1 paint job and this will look identical but for the scar, making both figures consistent with each other.

um, no. I'd rather have the likeness right than having it go better with the first figure

hmm 194 bones for the exclusive at sideshow vs 169.99 for the reg at BBTS...i dont think i want the PDA that much...but it still looks cool!

PDA? I'll have to look it up......and most SS exclusives aren't worth it.....except for the jasons.....but those didn't cost extra

Five extra bucks for an accessory that isn't even as bid as a dime???:horror

WTF? They coulnd't just throw that in for ordering from the website instead of waiting for it cheaper EVERYWHERE else, huh?

Sideshow exclusives for their own product are always sold at the same price. I guess Sideshow are just the distributor and following instructions for the Hot Toys product. That's Hot Toys for ya. Milk Milk Milk. They probably charge Sideshow more, so it's passed onto the consumer.

Hot Toys is great, but I think they're really pushing the boundaries of their prices.
Sorry to say it, but even as an avid HT collector...their price jumps are starting to alienate me.

Pre-ordered...I just bought off V1 John and Marcus off the bay, plus NECA's 2nd wave of T2 figures. It's a great time to be a Terminator fan.

$200+ is WAY too much for this figure in my opinion. Considering the regular version was $130.00 out the door. How do they justify this being $70.00 more? The hydrobot? I am going to pass on this one. Maybe I can snag one for less somewhere down the road but these HT figures now in the $200 retail range is killing me!

Sideshow exclusives for their own product are always sold at the same price.

Not true, a number of their exclusive versions are pricier than the regulars. There's no pattern really.

As for Connor, I was surprised it was only $5 as the other T:S exclusives were $10 more.

Ive decided just to wait and pre-order from alteregocomics. $195 is just seems way too much. Alter ego will have him for $171.

Price does seem a little high, but I pre-ordered this one. Version 1 is phenomenal, and this one looks great as well. I know this is a pipe dream, but I hope Hot Toys at least changes the head sculpt to include a grimace or smirk; the pic where JC2 is struggling with the Hydrobot would look better if he had some sort of expression on his face, maybe a grimace with gritted teeth like the publicity still where Bale is aiming his M4 and stepping down on the Endoskeleton.

I'm a veteran of collecting, but pretty much a newb to the 1/6 arena and Hot Toys in general, but I have to say that JC1 is my favorite 12" figure. With the pics of JC2, if the final production piece is as good as the proto pics, this version looks to surpass JC1 IMO.

Last edited:
Back