1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DX19 arrived today, I love it. No QC issues to report that I’ve found yet, which is nice!
But one thing I don’t like (and I’m saying this as a veteran iron man collector) how the hell are we supposed to get batteries in the sonar head? 😆 That was the fiddliest battery compartment I have ever had. I got 2 in, which was enough to check it worked and then I took them straight back out again!

Glorious figure though, zero regrets.

I got mine today, and he’s a pretty great figure. A definite improvement over the DX12. Really happy with him, although I wish the shoulder pads had been comprised of two separate plates like the QS Baleman Hot Toys did years back.

Here’s how I have mine currently, although I definitely need to upgrade to some classy black oval stands. The big varying, non-uniform bases are just so chunky and look gross together.

Mine is pictured with an OT Customs DX19 drape cape. Thanks man, it’s awesome.

Now the wait for InArt Joker.

A5271F41-2076-4355-AF63-B7B1F10714B2.jpeg

3960219D-F719-4540-9582-72D5F3F378FF.jpeg

My DX19 arrived today, I love it. No QC issues to report that I’ve found yet, which is nice!
But one thing I don’t like (and I’m saying this as a veteran iron man collector) how the hell are we supposed to get batteries in the sonar head? 😆 That was the fiddliest battery compartment I have ever had. I got 2 in, which was enough to check it worked and then I took them straight back out again!

Glorious figure though, zero regrets.

LOL I thought the same thing when putting them in. Took 20 minutes with tiny pliers to hold the batteries. Try inserting the 3rd one between the other 2.

I tested the head and gun light up, now batteries are in the trash and will probably never use the light function again.

well thanks to the heads up by @DioramaMaker , I was able to put an order in at AE for this figure and use my $100 RPs. Looking forward to receiving it next week. I have an "empty" magnetic belt from one of the previous ones (think the DX12) and magnetic sticky bomb gun in case someone eventually makes the back pack for this figure.

well thanks to the heads up by @DioramaMaker , I was able to put an order in at AE for this figure and use my $100 RPs. Looking forward to receiving it next week. I have an "empty" magnetic belt from one of the previous ones (think the DX12) and magnetic sticky bomb gun in case someone eventually makes the back pack for this figure.
👀

Anybody order from a side show distributer get word? I'm waiting on one from popculturezone.

Anybody order from a side show distributer get word? I'm waiting on one from popculturezone.

I’m waiting on BBTS, but they’ve always had it listed as June so technically they’re not off yet, hopefully soon. If it weren’t for the NRD, I’d go somewhere in stock now.

I’m waiting on BBTS, but they’ve always had it listed as June so technically they’re not off yet, hopefully soon. If it weren’t for the NRD, I’d go somewhere in stock now.
I love BBTS, plus being in WI their ship time to me is like 24 hours. BUT, they always seem to be the absolute last to get shipments of anything.

Last edited:
pretty decent figure. better than previous ones for sure, but there is a lot more that could be done better. sculpt is decent at best. from afar i see bale but up-close, the likeness loses me but maybe because ive seen better. cowl is quite nice but there are times i feel it is a little on the large side and the proportions from his shoulders to his neck seems a little weird, or it might be that his shoulder plates are a bit bulky.

stock cape is ridiculously big though, im not sure if its supposed to be really long, but it is. luckily my jaxon short cape came the day after it arrived and it looks really nice and flush against his shoulders. stock cape is soft and light but compared to the jaxon cape, it makes the stock feel bulky. jaxon's is very silky and a little stretchy, and incredibly light and drapes nicely. the stock cape make me feel he'll somehow accidentally step on his own cape and trip. 80% considering sending this off to get modded but ill give it a few weeks or months to see how i feel the weather before going through.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpg
    IMG_5383.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5391.jpg
    IMG_5391.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5393.jpg
    IMG_5393.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5394.jpg
    IMG_5394.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5398.jpg
    IMG_5398.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 0
Great figure for posing, faceplates and the moving eyes really add another level to the amount of poses you can get with this.

Attachments

• 136844B6-784D-47F6-93B2-ED12D5B1C853.jpeg
    136844B6-784D-47F6-93B2-ED12D5B1C853.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 0
Back