1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the figure in hand yet but going by pictures the stock cape doesn't look black enough to offer the right level of contrast against the suit.

I have an OT Customs cape ready as soon as KG Hobby decide to ship my figure.

@rory post them shoulder pics
Sure. Here's my Oaty shoulder set on one of my DX19's. It dramatically improves his silhouette. Just looks so much more natural.

fhfg.jpg

rtyjgyuj.jpg

Last edited:
Sure. Here's my OT shoulder set on one of my DX19's. It dramatically improves his silhouette. Just looks so much more natural.
That’s Oaty.

Below is the result of leaving a DX19 in a crouching pose for a couple days then leaving it in a neutral pose for a day to see if it returns to form. Next is the same area on a QS001 that was put in the same pose for a while.

I can’t advise anyone with one copy of the figure to do this which is a shame. Still great that it can even hold a pose like that though. If you can afford a second copy for the Batpod or aggressive posing it’s definitely worth it. That’s a big reason I get two of my favorite figures.

At some point you may as well just collect photos of the figures if you just put them in glass then never touch them or have any fun

Attachments

• FCECDB24-6EF8-43D1-8E15-EA520495342E.jpeg
    FCECDB24-6EF8-43D1-8E15-EA520495342E.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 088D02A0-58D5-476C-A437-468E1EFABC20.jpeg
    088D02A0-58D5-476C-A437-468E1EFABC20.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 0
Got my replacement yesterday. First one had an issue with the glue on one of the shoulders coming more than halfway unlgued at the shoulder strap underneath. All i did was try to move the shoulder a bit to try out the arm articulation and it just came right off. Really hate HT and their cheap glued on things. I'm too afraid to try moving the shoulder plates now on my new one. Still has that off center chest plate just like the first one. Is it just me or does this thins seem incredibly stiff? I was hoping for a better articulated suit this time around. That HT would forget all that stupid padding crap and allow it to move better. Nope. It feels so restricted in the entire torso and stomach area. All that aside it looks way more life like than my old dx19 and the suit material feels better made. All the accessories are nice. Now i just need to wait on my OT Customs cape.

Got my replacement yesterday. First one had an issue with the glue on one of the shoulders coming more than halfway unlgued at the shoulder strap underneath. All i did was try to move the shoulder a bit to try out the arm articulation and it just came right off. Really hate HT and their cheap glued on things. I'm too afraid to try moving the shoulder plates now on my new one. Still has that off center chest plate just like the first one. Is it just me or does this thins seem incredibly stiff? I was hoping for a better articulated suit this time around. That HT would forget all that stupid padding crap and allow it to move better. Nope. It feels so restricted in the entire torso and stomach area. All that aside it looks way more life like than my old dx19 and the suit material feels better made. All the accessories are nice. Now i just need to wait on my OT Customs cape.

🤔

Attachments

• 6F231F5C-A5B9-4E54-97A2-74B10EBC3FA1.jpeg
    6F231F5C-A5B9-4E54-97A2-74B10EBC3FA1.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the heads up. I don’t have Facebook and don’t keep up with everything that’s said about me in private groups. Just remember there’s two sides to every story. I’ve made a conscious decision to not directly engage or counter negative public comments about me.

In some ways I’ve made myself too accessible through my website and a lot of people don’t understand the wait times I post, the work required to install some of my items, or the work and unpredictability that goes into making them.

I do get behind and haven’t always been great about communication, especially with some of my first 1/6 items I released last year, but I’m working on it and think it’s consistently better with newer products as I streamline my focus.

Most of the people I see complain have had their orders canceled and refunded because they either asked me to or they were excessively rude and wished illness or death on me. Then once they get their money back their public story is “I asked for a simple update and they canceled my order and blocked me” but they leave out the part where they wished Covid on my whole family and asked for a refund…

I don’t want to offend the mods so this will be my last comment on this subject.

It’s not a big deal, can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. I know I’m not a perfect businessman but I’m trying to improve those aspects and regardless of sales (which are good now) I’m not going anywhere because at the end of the day most of my products come from things I want for myself.

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t have Facebook and don’t keep up with everything that’s said about me in private groups. Just remember there’s two sides to every story. I’ve made a conscious decision to not directly engage or counter negative public comments about me.

In some ways I’ve made myself too accessible through my website and a lot of people don’t understand the wait times I post, the work required to install some of my items, or the work and unpredictability that goes into making them.

I do get behind and haven’t always been great about communication, especially with some of my first 1/6 items I released last year, but I’m working on it and think it’s consistently better with newer products as I streamline my focus.

Most of the people I see complain have had their orders canceled and refunded because they either asked me to or they were excessively rude and wished illness or death on me. Then once they get their money back their public story is “I asked for a simple update and they canceled my order and blocked me” but they leave out the part where they wished Covid on my whole family and asked for a refund…
that's unfortunate. I know you and I have had our disagreements in the past but wishing death on someone and their family is WAY WAY WAY too far, especially over some 1/6 dollie items. These ppl think they can say what they want behind the comfort and safety of their keyboard.
Doll collectors are fickle nutjobs, especially the ones on 1/6 social groups.

I liked the hobby better when it was less mainstream, without the communities, back when it was just forums.
I agree. I tried to join some FB groups when they first started popping up but didn't like those communities at all. Only current group I'm a part of is OneSixthKit just so I can have another channel to get updates for new items. But even then, I don't participate either.

Last edited:
So angry right now. Says it’s out for delivery. It’s currently 948 pm. It’s looking like I’m going to have to wait till Monday because ups doesn’t deliver in saturdays. So pissed right now.

So angry right now. Says it’s out for delivery. It’s currently 948 pm. It’s looking like I’m going to have to wait till Monday because ups doesn’t deliver in saturdays. So pissed right now.
I’ve been lucky with deliveries lately, I’ve been more grumpy with USPS missing at least one pick up per week. I think my mail carriers are done with me sometimes.

Back