1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys wanted to ask,does anyone have any decent remedies to decrease the bunching of the leg armor pieces. I have one near the groin that was slightly already bunched but it's gotten a bit more since I got him out of the box, just thought I should ask here if anyone had any good ideas
This is really odd IMO, mine have not been creasing like this at all and I’ve posed one super aggressively.

This is really odd IMO, mine have not been creasing like this at all and I’ve posed one super aggressively.
Yeah I found it odd but tbh as long as it doesn't damage the material forever I'm fine but it is an eyebrow raiser for me as of right now

Mine arrived today and I'm well pleased with it. Mine also fell victim to the "shiny spot" on his junk. It appeared like it was simply "buffed" too smooth by something in the packaging or original handling. So I had the idea to simply give it a soft pass with some 5000 grit sandpaper to "rough" it back to matte. And presto, spot gone! The full body shot is the before, then next pic shows the area on the crotch after the touch up.

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

No it just doesn't look as bad when you push it back to shape. I've had him in a standard pose for a about 6 hours now
Mine on the right above has been in a full on seated pose and has never shown anything like that. Unless you’ve completely mishandled it I’d explore replacement options honestly. Especially how it’s spread to the lower thigh plate too.

The figure I have posed the most is what I’ve used for all the photos I’ve shared here if you want more proof it shouldn’t be creasing up like that.

Hey guys wanted to ask,does anyone have any decent remedies to decrease the bunching of the leg armor pieces. I have one near the groin that was slightly already bunched but it's gotten a bit more since I got him out of the box, just thought I should ask here if anyone had any good ideas
Mine has the same problem on the right thigh piece, and I didn't put it in any rapid pose since unboxing it.

Mine on the right above has been in a full on seated pose and has never shown anything like that. Unless you’ve completely mishandled it I’d explore replacement options honestly. Especially how it’s spread to the lower thigh plate too.

The figure I have posed the most is what I’ve used for all the photos I’ve shared here if you want more proof it shouldn’t be creasing up like that.
It came like that out of the box so it wasn't me thankfully.Im scared enough to not go too crazy with posing due to fear of ripping the groin or shoulder areas.I have had him in a neutral pose for most of the time since I got him on tuesday so I wonder what happened while it was in the box.

Anyway I'll see what I can do about replacements with sideshow, they are pretty good with customer service on my end.I wonder what options they can give me ill go check.Thanks for your insight OT, appreciate it

Mine arrived today and I'm well pleased with it. Mine also fell victim to the "shiny spot" on his junk. It appeared like it was simply "buffed" too smooth by something in the packaging or original handling. So I had the idea to simply give it a soft pass with some 5000 grit sandpaper to "rough" it back to matte. And presto, spot gone! The full body shot is the before, then next pic shows the area on the crotch after the touch up.

View attachment 579901
View attachment 579902
This is good to know. I didn’t think to use sand paper. I ended up sending mine back for an exchange. The shine I think is coming from rubbing against the card stock insert that’s at the mid section. HT really should have added a plastic sheet/layer to protect it again rubbing against stuff.

Some slight mods here. I added a custom cape, slightly raised the traps, and did a temporary shoulder mod until the final custom shoulder pauldrons arrive. Regardless the mods, this figure is still a solid improvement in a dozen small ways over the DX12/Armory. Thanks too to OT_Customs for his help.

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

How did you elevate the traps?
For sure. I was always bothered by the visible gap between his neck armor and collar. It just didn't line up right, and the overall shape across his traps/shoulders was way too flat as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 10.05.16 AM.png

So I did this easy mod. Grabbed some backing board (any thin cardboard will do). Cut two small strips and wrapped them once in electrical tape (so they are a little more grippy and don't slide around), then slid them between the body and the collar, right against the neck opening.

IMG_2501.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG

Presto, instant traps. AND it's completely harmless to the suit. You can tweak, with the amount of tape wrapping, how tall a raise you want to make. I just made mine high enough that the gap at the base of the neck piece is covered by the collar. I know it seems trivial, but I'm tedious like that.

IMG_2504.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I don't consider it trivial at all, I fully plan to do this with mine, just curious how others are pulling it off.

The thin neck on the DX02 annoyed me to no end, it looked hideous in photos unless you heavily shadowed half the figure. I just think of this suit as having a thicker, shorter looking neck and proper proportion to the head. Your change is exactly what's need to get that height looking right.

Back