1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. The rubber plate armor being much thinner sucks on this one so more QC will arise. I’ll take my chances on another. I’ll eventually buy a second and IA offering too.
If it makes you feel better I only have a little shininess on one cod piece out of three copies of the figure. That doesn't bug me so much and I'll probably just repaint it since it's the one I'm going to customize the most.

The leg armor plates themselves have been holding up great to handling and posing. I think as long as it's in good condition out of the box it will hold up fine over time.

Oof, do they have replacements in stock or are you going to have to return and wait for another future shipment?
I asked them. No response if if I have to wait. I assume they have a small batch for returns but I’m happy to wait since I have DX12 and Armory. The longer proportion and cowl makes this the better overall figure but the armory is the better package obviously. That one was ahead of its time. I’ll end up buying multiple of the DX19 however.

I asked them. No response if if I have to wait. I assume they have a small batch for returns but I’m happy to wait since I have DX12 and Armory. The longer proportion and cowl makes this the better overall figure but the armory is the better package obviously. That one was ahead of its time. I’ll end up buying multiple of the DX19 however.
You gotta buy a DX19 just to put in the armory.

This fig customizer, Guillaume, on IG is doing a stellar job on his replacement shoulder pauldrons. I don’t think he’s offering them publicly, but damn I wish he would. I mean that’s just perfect right there. Single piece it looks like, and shaped/sized accurately.

View attachment 573316
View attachment 573317
I have a lot of orders right now. when it will be calm I will surely sell shoulders for those interested. however you should be aware that it will be necessary to cut out the old shoulder to add the new one.
📷 Instagram : Login • Instagram
313A0D25-A059-437C-91F9-54EB943A3AD8.jpeg
7CDB8B0C-B13A-49B6-8B28-E99EA00B230F.jpeg
9B711EC6-38C7-4000-9EAE-EEACFAC31501.jpeg

Since you all have been so much fun over the last few days I am considering making a prototype and maybe ten preproduction copies of my cape for this figure this weekend. When they’re done and ready to ship I will announce them here first because I honestly don’t know when I’ll be able to make more any time soon.

It you’re interested please react to this comment anyway you see fit and that will help me know if it’s a good use of my personal time this weekend.

This is very kind of you. Awesome, actually.

I don't have this figure, but just thought I'd note your coolness... and repost your offer in case anyone missed it.

oh hey you’re here on the boards, great! Yes, I’d be thrilled to order a pair as they are hands down remarkable. Yeah, I assumed some cutting and permanent changes would need to be made, but it’s worth it for the end result.

fantastic work man.

I have a lot of orders right now. when it will be calm I will surely sell shoulders for those interested. however you should be aware that it will be necessary to cut out the old shoulder to add the new one.
📷 Instagram : Login • Instagram
View attachment 573336View attachment 573337View attachment 573338

This fig customizer, Guillaume, on IG is doing a stellar job on his replacement shoulder pauldrons. I don’t think he’s offering them publicly, but damn I wish he would. I mean that’s just perfect right there. Single piece it looks like, and shaped/sized accurately.

View attachment 573316
View attachment 573317
I don't get how after 5-6 attempts at this suit, Hot Toys still doesn't understand how the shoulder piece works. Just have the underlying armor pad that's outlined in green, attached to the actual body suit. Then you just have the outer red shoulder piece a separate part above it.

That's how it is on the actual suit and would help with it not look like the entire shoulder bit is floating above his arm/shoulder.

y8il7Ci.png

FPG3APm.png

UYUimG9.png

out of curiosity, are you attaching the pauldron triangles to the Kevlar chest strap point too, or just using the ribbon piece your’ve marked in red here…

A164BB7A-2250-4188-89EF-8AC956AFF7F6.jpeg

I have a lot of orders right now. when it will be calm I will surely sell shoulders for those interested.

I'm trying to decide if my shoulder offering should be only an under plate and the customer can cut off the molded on underplate or if I should design the whole thing.

I guess I could offer both but I am curious to all the potential customers, would you rather replace the whole thing at the collar or just cut the molded on piece off and add a new one under the stock top plate?

The advantage to only replacing the under plate is that one it will be a cheaper product and two you can keep the secure and sturdy stock attachment at the collar and just pop mine in under it on the bicep side.

I don't get how after 5-6 attempts at this suit, Hot Toys still doesn't understand how the shoulder piece works. Just have the underlying armor pad that's outlined in green, attached to the actual body suit. Then you just have the outer red shoulder piece a separate part above it.

That's how it is on the actual suit and would help with it not look like the entire shoulder bit is floating above his arm/shoulder.

y8il7Ci.png

FPG3APm.png

UYUimG9.png
I know that the epaulette is in two parts. but it is difficult to do in 1/6 format 😉

Id say replace the whole thing. I think the biggest flaw of the stock shoulder is that the larger top plate of the pauldron is not rounded enough, it’s too flat and wide. Looks how ball shaped it is on the actual suit here…

B27D58E6-7A67-482F-857D-B4EE7CF848E0.jpeg

Id say replace the whole thing. I think the biggest flaw of the stock shoulder is that the larger top plate of the pauldron is not rounded enough, it’s too flat and wide. Looks how ball shaped it is on the actual suit here…

View attachment 573358
I agree with you but I've done a two piece plate with the stock top before and it looks pretty accurate. I'm not sure if the slight difference in curve would be worth the extra complexity of the install. I don't see any reason not to offer both though.

Edit: + Random photo to recreate the angle from the shot above

Attachments

• C9AE9403-367F-43AE-953D-1C8EA250226C.jpeg
    C9AE9403-367F-43AE-953D-1C8EA250226C.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Back