1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 6a00d8341c4fbe53ef026bde8f3980200c-500wi.jpg
    6a00d8341c4fbe53ef026bde8f3980200c-500wi.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 22
Agreed. OT_Customs's pics really show how nice the DX19 figure looks, all around. The cowl, in particular, caught my attention. And yet, the DX12 still holds up strongly. The 19 looks to have the nicer shaped cowl, though. (to me)

I have no TDK/TDKR Batman so for me this seems like a good pickup... I also wouldn't bring out Two-Face or Scarecrow... though I might like to pair this with Queen's Joker depending on height.

Has anyone taken a measurement in inches to the top of his head (not ears)?

One of the only reasons they get 500+mi is through efficiency of not having a drive shaft.... there is energy loss having to transmit energy through drive shafts and gears..
What ever you want to call it I'm sad to say their setup does still have a "drive shaft", four of them actually and with CV joints to the wheels. There's no way to mount a drive unit in the center of the car (ie not inside the wheel) without having to mechanically connect it to the wheels to deliver power. Whether you call that a drive shaft, a half shaft, or pixie dust its still the same thing.

Literally the next photo shows their in-wheel motor blow-out photo...
That's explicitly NOT what that is...

Edit: By "Integrated electric motor, inverter, and transmission" they mean just that. Those three components, the motor, inverter and transmission, are integrated into one housing that sits at the center of the axle both front and rear. Each one has to have a connection to each wheel, meaning four drive shafts. Since each wheel needs to move at different speeds there's literally no other way to do this aside from putting one motor in each wheel, which is not what they've done here.

Agreed. OT_Customs's pics really show how nice the DX19 figure looks, all around. The cowl, in particular, caught my attention. And yet, the DX12 still holds up strongly. The 19 looks to have the nicer shaped cowl, though. (to me)
That's a modified Medicom cowl FWIW, the Armory/DX12 would fare worse IMO

That's explicitly NOT what that is...

Edit: By "Integrated electric motor, inverter, and transmission" they mean just that. Those three components, the motor, inverter and transmission, are integrated into one housing that sits at the center of the axle both front and rear. Each one has to have a connection to each wheel, meaning four drive shafts. Since each wheel needs to move at different speeds there's literally no other way to do this aside from putting one motor in each wheel, which is not what they've done here.
Yeah I looked at it again. Youre right. I think the only other EV thats making a purely in-wheel motor is Lordstown.

Back on topic… Mine arrived today, will take proper photos later, but I’ve got to say, even though I’ll make some tweaks this is the first 1:6 Hot Toys TDK figure I think is solid right out of the box. The shoulders and cape are the only mods I’m itching to make but the stock ones are more than adequate for the scale.

Height difference with a DX12 + Medicom Head and modded shoulders is not that much.

+ New cowl on DX12, looks pretty good IMO
Figure looks really impressive in these pics. How do you feel it compares to the QS001 in terms of accuracy, proportions, cowl etc?

Figure looks really impressive in these pics. How do you feel it compares to the QS001 in terms of accuracy, proportions, cowl etc?
In many ways it's like a shrunken QS001. I think the cowls are near identical but the chins seem to have shrunken a bit too much. A properly futzed QS001 still has better proportions and is IMO all around better even considering the difficulty/detail expected at each scale.

From some angles the torso on the DX19 appears to have too much depth. I'll need more futzing to see if it's just a matter of positioning the body better inside the suit. The legs are a bit thin too which I think the QS001 did a better job getting accurate.

It's still an improvement from the other DX/Armory in every way though IMO. If you ask me this is the first 1:6 TDK Batman that is pretty solid right out of the box and worth owning without any customizing.

Aside from the material texture the cape is actually really well designed. Once I have more than one I will rip one of the capes open and see if I can clone the template in a superior material.

Other than that I think the shoulders are the only issue I find with it and will start working on my own design as soon as I wrap a few other things.

Paid my Batman a bit just need to pay the remaining balance. I switched it to single payment, after doing so I got an email from Sideshow that I'll be charged the final amount this friday as they will get a few stock in that day. Lucky me cause I get paid Friday so it will automatically charge my paypal. Then apparently it will ship 10 days from when payment is charged.

Got my email from SS also! Crazy how this smoked my BD MK85 PO which released way earlier than this lol

Last edited:
Some more iPhone pics, will have to get my camera out when it’s not tax day and the return of Better Call Saul and The Batman on streaming m… what a day.

Attachments

• 5AD95B2E-92F8-409F-95CD-7D2084A47F03.jpeg
    5AD95B2E-92F8-409F-95CD-7D2084A47F03.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 140
  • D24807D1-6E9A-4704-8D13-AEA82B784EC5.jpeg
    D24807D1-6E9A-4704-8D13-AEA82B784EC5.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 131
  • 7B46009F-30C6-4B1D-8B67-2BFCB0FD2C19.jpeg
    7B46009F-30C6-4B1D-8B67-2BFCB0FD2C19.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 3C101BC7-A24B-4187-B474-4852F94ABFC5.jpeg
    3C101BC7-A24B-4187-B474-4852F94ABFC5.jpeg