1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the exact 'move' the bike makes that inspired my comment.

The other one is the "up-the-wall-and-flip" move.

JmoEN.gif
I have to admit that I love those two scenes, especially the sound effects that are added.

They are most likely impossible but I just found them to be a cool moves not seen before, without going too over the top.

The rotation is not necessarily impossible.. Its similar to the transmission on your car and just rotates like a propeller or corkscrew.
The part im curious about are the brake lines, and all the wires. Not to mention the gearbox in the back. Im assuming it rotates along with the main chassis.
If its purely FWD, then yeah definitely can be done. Since its climbed up the wall, strong possibility it is.

The rotation is not necessarily impossible.. Its similar to the transmission on your car and just rotates like a propeller or corkscrew.
The part im curious about are the brake lines, and all the wires. Not to mention the gearbox in the back. Im assuming it rotates along with the main chassis.
If its purely FWD, then yeah definitely can be done. Since its climbed up the wall, strong possibility it is.
The stunt bike I believe has small gas motors inside the wheel hubs not sure if both or just one, but the designers and Nolan said the in universe bike was meant to have an electric motor in each wheel hub which is why it has the sound effect that it does. Side note: It's called the Shepard tone and it's a pretty interesting audio phenomenon that when you layer ascending sine curve tones it creates the effect of a constantly ascending note:

With electric motors in each hub the vehicle could use those motors for both acceleration and braking, eliminating the need for anything other than electrical lines to front and back. Electrical connections are easy to transfer through rotating parts as proven by cheap light up fans. The things it does are all theoretically possible with extensive lines of code and electric motors front and back.

Whether the stunt vehicle has every detail featured to make that believable is another question but honestly we don't see it in enough detail on screen for that to matter.

As for the sideways rotating over the wheels, this is theoretically possible but I doubt Batman finds it a smooth ride. It looks pretty smooth to us but so does a formula 1 car and I can guarantee those dont provide a supple ride. As long as Batman can hold on and the unevenness of the guns is not so much that it shoots the bike into the air it wouldn't really matter how smooth it is. It's way more plausible than literally any CGI vehicle in an MCU movie.

edit: Think of the Bat-pod rotating sideways as a Segway with lumpy Wheels. If you have gyros in the body to make sure it stays upright, just like a segway, and it’s built robustly enough then it’s very plausible. The way it behaves on screen shows it keeping Batman angled a bit away from the direction of the roll which would help him not get thrown off. His momentum is driving him towards the seat so gravity and momentum are insulating him from getting thrown off by the bumpiness.

Last edited:
Back on topic… Mine arrived today, will take proper photos later, but I’ve got to say, even though I’ll make some tweaks this is the first 1:6 Hot Toys TDK figure I think is solid right out of the box. The shoulders and cape are the only mods I’m itching to make but the stock ones are more than adequate for the scale.

Height difference with a DX12 + Medicom Head and modded shoulders is not that much.

+ New cowl on DX12, looks pretty good IMO

Attachments

• E5A93031-7288-46D3-A001-C766D57809FA.jpeg
    E5A93031-7288-46D3-A001-C766D57809FA.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 158
  • 2AAF8779-3BF7-4038-B29C-C223F7510BE2.jpeg
    2AAF8779-3BF7-4038-B29C-C223F7510BE2.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 11FE6C5D-306F-4FEF-905E-BE54186FACC6.jpeg
    11FE6C5D-306F-4FEF-905E-BE54186FACC6.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 8BE3B3D8-DECD-4EE5-8E09-051BF1A49894.jpeg
    8BE3B3D8-DECD-4EE5-8E09-051BF1A49894.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Back on topic… Mine arrived today, will take proper photos later, but I’ve got to say, even though I’ll make some tweaks this is the first 1:6 Hot Toys TDK figure I think is solid right out of the box. The shoulders and cape are the only mods I’m itching to make but the stock ones are more than adequate for the scale.

Height difference with a DX12 + Medicom Head and modded shoulders is not that much.

+ New cowl on DX12, looks pretty good IMO

How's he look with other HT Nolan figures?

How's he look with other HT Nolan figures?
Not so tall he seems like a different scale, at least not IMO. His height difference with Gordon and Selina looks okay to me. Blake looks a bit too short next to him. Unfortunately my villains are serving as backdrops on half shelves behind my 1/4 Batman figures so not sure how he looks next to them yet. That’s a project for another day.

For now I’ve moved him onto the stand he came with and he’s serving as the centerpiece for my 1:6 display. Will probably turn this into a Rises shelf with Bane when I have more time to rearrange.

Attachments

• 591DF2CE-5954-4751-9051-A68EAF7D6F01.jpeg
    591DF2CE-5954-4751-9051-A68EAF7D6F01.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 6CC35008-2692-4EA4-AA59-98448F987DB6.jpeg
    6CC35008-2692-4EA4-AA59-98448F987DB6.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 140
The stunt bike I believe has small gas motors inside the wheel hubs not sure if both or just one, but the designers and Nolan said the in universe bike was meant to have an electric motor in each wheel hub which is why it has the sound effect that it does. Side note: It's called the Shepard tone and it's a pretty interesting audio phenomenon that when you layer ascending sine curve tones it creates the effect of a constantly ascending note:

With electric motors in each hub the vehicle could use those motors for both acceleration and braking, eliminating the need for anything other than electrical lines to front and back. Electrical connections are easy to transfer through rotating parts as proven by cheap light up fans. The things it does are all theoretically possible with extensive lines of code and electric motors front and back.

Whether the stunt vehicle has every detail featured to make that believable is another question but honestly we don't see it in enough detail on screen for that to matter.

As for the sideways rotating over the wheels, this is theoretically possible but I doubt Batman finds it a smooth ride. It looks pretty smooth to us but so does a formula 1 car and I can guarantee those dont provide a supple ride. As long as Batman can hold on and the unevenness of the guns is not so much that it shoots the bike into the air it wouldn't really matter how smooth it is. It's way more plausible than literally any CGI vehicle in an MCU movie.

edit: Think of the Bat-pod rotating sideways as a Segway with lumpy Wheels. If you have gyros in the body to make sure it stays upright, just like a segway, and it’s built robustly enough then it’s very plausible. The way it behaves on screen shows it keeping Batman angled a bit away from the direction of the roll which would help him not get thrown off. His momentum is driving him towards the seat so gravity and momentum are insulating him from getting thrown off by the bumpiness.

Ahh okay. In-wheel motor. Its similar to Lucid's in-wheel motors. Got it.

Ahh okay. In-wheel motor. Its similar to Lucid's in-wheel motors. Got it.
No I think Lucid has the motors mounted in the center of the vehicle with drive shafts to each wheel. These would be actually inside the wheel itself like a brake rotor except it's a motor.

The dx19 stock cowl looks pretty great from all these photos
the shape of the mouth plate is really good
Agreed. OT_Customs's pics really show how nice the DX19 figure looks, all around. The cowl, in particular, caught my attention. And yet, the DX12 still holds up strongly. The 19 looks to have the nicer shaped cowl, though. (to me)

One of the only reasons they get 500+mi is through efficiency of not having a drive shaft.... there is energy loss having to transmit energy through drive shafts and gears..

Back