1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like they make slight imperfections on purpose. Then we have to buy a new version in a few years. They know we are lunatics.
I think the explanation is simply that they’re putting up a new figure every week on average and at that rate can’t pay their artists to keep trying indefinitely if they don’t nail something the first or second time. They need to move onto the next figure so we get what we get.

I think the explanation is simply that they’re putting up a new figure every week on average and at that rate can’t pay their artists to keep trying indefinitely if they don’t nail something the first or second time. They need to move onto the next figure so we get what we get.
The problem with this theory is that these TDK figures were all designed before the MCU and Star Wars hype train. They had way less time pressure back when the figures these “rereleases” are based on were being made.

The problem with this theory is that these TDK figures were all designed before the MCU and Star Wars hype train. They had way less time pressure back when the figures these “rereleases” are based on were being made.
I don’t recall what their figure releases per year were a decade+ ago but it’s also likely they employed fewer people at the time so the artists would have had no more time per figure than they do now.

It’s also true that they’ve just genuinely gotten better at what they do in that time, and higher prices allow them to do more. But that of course isn’t reflected if/when they just re-issue an old flawed figure.

This one might have been a joke but checkout these in hand pics of the upcoming QS019 someone shared from HK today

Attachments

• 6994316C-CC34-4B41-A59F-647B1C86891F.jpeg
    6994316C-CC34-4B41-A59F-647B1C86891F.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 89
  • E06A045C-5A70-4E49-901D-C21368AB0C24.jpeg
    E06A045C-5A70-4E49-901D-C21368AB0C24.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89
  • B3B32D89-39CD-4E75-8089-295BEE14200C.jpeg
    B3B32D89-39CD-4E75-8089-295BEE14200C.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 89
Apparently INart did a poll what their next figure should be. Unfortunately, TDK Batman is somewhere at the bottom.

View attachment 569891View attachment 569892View attachment 569893
Were these the top three in each category or the only vote options in each? As much as I’d like to see them tackle TDK Batman I feel the DX19 has us pretty well covered and would rather have the Spider-Man and LOTR figures if making Batman meant they wouldn’t make those.

Were these the top three in each category or the only vote options in each? As much as I’d like to see them tackle TDK Batman I feel the DX19 has us pretty well covered and would rather have the Spider-Man and LOTR figures if making Batman meant they wouldn’t make those.
They were the top three once they removed all the options that clearly didn't follow the criteria of each poll. For example T2 won the 80s poll and Tobey/Andrew the 90s poll originally lol.

TDK finished 3rd so I'd expect more figures on the way. They already hinted they'd like to do Bane.

Back