1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also ordered another DX19 to tinker with, so before I started working on it, I thought I'd post some before and afters. The modified figure on the left includes the HT cape trimmed and customized as well as Oaty's neck, two piece shoulders, and headsculpt utilizing HT's eyes and mouthpieces. The right is the unaltered Hot Toys DX19 as is, out of the box.

The silhouette is just so much more natural after modifications. You can also see just how soft their headsculpt features are compared to Oaty's screen used accuracy. But overall, HT's is still really decent in my opinion. Their materials and engineering is top notch.

B1.jpg

B4.jpg

B7.jpg

I also ordered another DX19 to tinker with, so before I started working on it, I thought I'd post some before and afters. The modified figure on the left includes the HT cape trimmed and customized as well as Oaty's neck, two piece shoulders, and headsculpt utilizing HT's eyes and mouthpieces. The right is the unaltered Hot Toys DX19 as is, out of the box.

The silhouette is just so much more natural after modifications. You can also see just how soft their headsculpt features are compared to Oaty's screen used accuracy. But overall, HT's is still really decent in my opinion. Their materials and engineering is top notch.

View attachment 599456

View attachment 599457

View attachment 599458
View recent photos.png

I’m still amazed by how soft the hot toys sculpt is on the sides and how it doesn’t line up with the neck in a way that looks right. I can’t imagine what a human that could fit inside the hot toys figure would look like.

Here’s Bat Tax pic of one of my own.
21A8C77E-CC48-4069-8B83-FC12E7361BFD.jpeg

I was fairly satisfied with my DX19 until seeing these recent pics. Night and day difference with the custom neck and cowl.

Hopefully InArt's Bale will look as good as that out of the box.

It's a great mod, pretty much close to perfection even - what collectors have been searching for, for YEARS
But it also a pretty expensive mod - especially if you don't have any art skills like me and would have to pay someone to do it on top of the materials cost which already approaches $500 with tax and title figured in. (Figure + all raw unpainted pieces).

A tutorial video for dummies might give me much more confidence to try the mod myself though.

What’s the consensus on the Bruce Sculpt? Idk how I feel about it honestly. I think it’s better than HT previous 1/6 efforts but not as good as the QS001. I feel like it looks more like he did in Batman Begins than TDK.

Attachments

• A0C3483E-7184-477E-9835-1362193828D8.jpeg
    A0C3483E-7184-477E-9835-1362193828D8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
What’s the consensus on the Bruce Sculpt? Idk how I feel about it honestly. I think it’s better than HT previous 1/6 efforts but not as good as the QS001. I feel like it looks more like he did in Batman Begins than TDK.

Yeah in my opinion it's a fantastic sculpt, I think the best 1/6 CB BW head sculpt. in some ways it reminds me of the QS001's. It's so good I'll be displaying one Batman unmasked full time.

I think it's a good sculpt but in the wrong timeline. Batman begins would make sense with this headsculpt but for tdk and tdkr he needs to be aged more

It's interesting, when I look at in person, I see TDK Bruce, the cheek area especially seems to have that really thin look to it, but then when I take photos with it, it tends to look more Begins.

For sure, it's not TDKR, and without question it is a great Bale likeness, just hard to define what film it represents.

I was going to buy the Oaty’s cowl on Ebay, but I got no replys on some questions about shipping and availability. why is that?

He's probably just busy. I assume it's a one man show over there, so responses may not be fast. But he's always delivered for me, and I've ordered quite a bit now. With customizers you just have to have more patience, they don't have a help line.

I was going to buy the Oaty’s cowl on Ebay, but I got no replys on some questions about shipping and availability. why is that?

He's probably just busy. I assume it's a one man show over there, so responses may not be fast. But he's always delivered for me, and I've ordered quite a bit now. With customizers you just have to have more patience, they don't have a help line.
I just want to know if these cowls and necks are already made ready to be shipped. I need a cowl by this Tuesday, but no response from his part from his Ebay account ☹️

Dunno man. But expecting anyone to have custom pieces printed, painted, and on hand in advance ready to ship is a long shot.

I just want to know if these cowls and necks are already made ready to be shipped. I need a cowl by this Tuesday, but no response from his part from his Ebay account ☹️

OT posted on his IG today that he’s painting some this coming week. Looked like a good amount, probably around 30-40 cowls. I could be wrong but I believe they’re sort of made to order or they are done in batches. From that I gather, they aren’t premade. Customizer don’t usually go the premade route as they can’t have left over stock like mass produced items can.

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you need a cowl by a certain date? What's the rush?

Last edited:
I just need one unpainted. I hope he has some ready.
It tells you on the order page: "Unpainted - PRINT TO ORDER - Typically ships in 1-2 weeks".

So that gives you the answer to your questions. It's up to you if you want to order it and wait the 1-2 weeks for it to ship. That's probably why he hasn't responded to you. The answer to your questions are on the order page.

Last edited:
Back