1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to see photos!
I'll post photos when I get a chance. Sadly due to the heat in California the neck area where the cowl turns has rubbed/scratched off and the HT mouth plates have gotten black paint around it almost like a beard. I think I can fix it with an airbrush but I'll have to get one later. For now minimal movement or even I can just switch it back to the HT neck for now.

Not difficult. But does require patience and knack for working on small objects. The shoulder pads took the most work, with lots of minor adjustments and fine tuning before gluing anything down. Even then, I use thermoplatic glue on them, so I can remove and adjust later if desired.

Finally have him in his final setup with the batpod.

IMG_40572.jpg

Does the upper chest rotate or it is glued? I dont want to ruin it.

Does the upper chest rotate or it is glued? I dont want to ruin it.
The chest assembly is free floating and only held on because of the straps that go under the armpits. It's unlikely you would damage a stock one by futzing the chest piece around in any way.

Yeah, I mean I'm hopeful Inart does something amazing. But we're a long ways from having anything in hand. And honestly I just don't see them getting any closer than this on OT's custom pieces. They're insanely accurate, and function really well. Magnetic necks, Pers functionality, interlocking shoulder plates, etc. Maybe Inart's gets close, but I doubt they could do better. Of course, this is just my opinion. Not trying to start any flame war. And I honestly hope InArt brings the goods, then we all win.

Yeah, I mean I'm hopeful Inart does something amazing. But we're a long ways from having anything in hand. And honestly I just don't see them getting any closer than this on OT's custom pieces. They're insanely accurate, and function really well. Magnetic necks, Pers functionality, interlocking shoulder plates, etc. Maybe Inart's gets close, but I doubt they could do better. Of course, this is just my opinion. Not trying to start any flame war. And I honestly hope InArt brings the goods, then we all win.
I hope they do too. Even if they get everything 99% right and the cowl is just a direct shrink of the 1/3 statue it’s still a much better starting place than the DX19. I think a well done custom will feel just as solid as a stock figure but everyone isn’t comfortable slicing and dicing and shouldn’t have to replace literally everything above the collar to get an accurate figure.

So to use OT's head, do you pop the eyes out of the DX19 head and insert? Do you have to heat the heads to do that?
It's actually easy, get strong plyers (it should be a bit thinner then the usual ones) and just grab the eyes inside the cowl, between the base of the eyeball and just pull. It pops off easily then just use the plastic wrench thing the figure comes with that is used to move the eyes, and pop them into the sockets of the cowl.

Not difficult. But does require patience and knack for working on small objects. The shoulder pads took the most work, with lots of minor adjustments and fine tuning before gluing anything down. Even then, I use thermoplatic glue on them, so I can remove and adjust later if desired.

Finally have him in his final setup with the batpod.

View attachment 598357
I've got to make space to display a DX19 standing with the Batpod. This shot is how we all thought our repainted Medicom Cowls looked over the years :ROFLMAO:

Made some mods to my DX19 to get full functionality back after adding the custom shoulders/neck/head. First I took the rubber collar piece that had to be removed for the new neck, and trimmed and attached it to the Bale headsculpt collar accessory, so that the figure can be display unmasked. Second, I dismantled the sonar head and trimmed the plastic inner casing and adapter so that it sits deeper in the head, allowing it to fit naturally on the new Oaty magnetized neck. The sonar head is still a pretty soft sculpt, but it's nice to have the option. So now I've got all the possibilities back from the original figure, but with improved mods.

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

B3.jpg

B2.jpg

Last edited:
Back