1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I received my DX 19 today. Since it is my first Hot Toys TDK Batman I have a quick question. Is it normal that the legs don't hold the split position and feel kinda loose when doing split movements? For example if I move the left leg to the left side for a split move, it does not stay in split position.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Found a great example. The legs of my DX19 are not able to stay in that split position, they kinda fall back to the middle. For comparison I took my TMS015 Mandalorian, I don't know if that's a good comparison, the legs of this figure stay in the split position, also they move not as mushy as the legs of my DX19:

Example video

Last edited:
Hey guys, I received my DX 19 today. Since it is my first Hot Toys TDK Batman I have a quick question. Is it normal that the legs don't hold the split position and feel kinda loose when doing split movements? For example if I move the left leg to the left side for a split move, it does not stay in split position.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Found a great example. The legs of my DX19 are not able to stay in that split position, they kinda fall back to the middle. For comparison I took my TMS015 Mandalorian, I don't know if that's a good comparison, the legs of this figure stay in the split position, also they move not as mushy as the legs of my DX19:

Example video
Did you buy from Sideshow or another retailer that has a good return policy for defective items? If so, just reach out to them, explain the issue that your figures hip joints are very loose that they can't hold any position and just fall back into place. They should be able to work out a replacement for you hopefully.

If you ordered second hand from eBay, Mercari, Facebook Marketplace etc then you're probably out of luck.

Did you buy from Sideshow or another retailer that has a good return policy for defective items? If so, just reach out to them, explain the issue that your figures hip joints are very loose that they can't hold any position and just fall back into place. They should be able to work out a replacement for you hopefully.

If you ordered second hand from eBay, Mercari, Facebook Marketplace etc then you're probably out of luck.
I already contacted my retailer here in Germany. I was just curious if anybody had a similar issue. It is really just the side movement of the legs. I will try to upload a video the next days.

I already contacted my retailer here in Germany. I was just curious if anybody had a similar issue. It is really just the side movement of the legs. I will try to upload a video the next days.
Well I just checked mine and the side movement on one of my figure’s legs is a little loose and falls back down some while the other one stays in place so it could just be a common issues. Though, in terms of posing on a flat surface, the weight of the figure should keep the leg in place

Last edited:
Well I just checked mine and the side movement on one of my figure’s legs is a little loose and falls back down some while the other one stays in place so it could just be a common issues.
Hey Gipetto, thanks a lot for checking. 👍

I will make a short video later today, then we will see if mine has a real issue or if it is within the range of normal behaviour for this figure.

Hey Gipetto, thanks a lot for checking. 👍

I will make a short video later today, then we will see if mine has a real issue or if it is within the range of normal behaviour for this figure.
That’s it guys, seems a bit much for my taste. What’s your opinion?

Finally recieved the DX19 today! He is a really great figure, i love everything about him. I did notice the face plate he comes with is very loose, and the little gold cylidner broke off the right side of his belt after a couple poses. I also noticed what looked like glue marks??? On the right side of his body. Other than that hes great. Also does anyone elses EMP gun only light up when pushed in to a certain point?

Attachments

• Bats 1.jpg
    Bats 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Bats 2.jpg
    Bats 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Bats 3.jpg
    Bats 3.jpg
  • Bats 4.jpg
    Bats 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Bat 5.jpg
    Bat 5.jpg
  • Bat 6.jpg
    Bat 6.jpg
  • Bats 7.jpg
    Bats 7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Bats 8.jpg
    Bats 8.jpg
  • Bats 9.jpg
    Bats 9.jpg
  • Bats 10.jpg
    Bats 10.jpg
Finally recieved the DX19 today! He is a really great figure, i love everything about him. I did notice the face plate he comes with is very loose, and the little gold cylidner broke off the right side of his belt after a couple poses. I also noticed what looked like glue marks??? On the right side of his body. Other than that hes great. Also does anyone elses EMP gun only light up when pushed in to a certain point?

Yupp!! It's a grrreat figure and a nice upgrade from the previous version(s)!!

Please keep me posted what they say, I will post the reply of my reseller as soon as he answers me.
SS is sending out replacement new body. After reviewing many youtube videos, I also confirmed that the hips should be able to hold a pose. The legs should not flop back like that when extended. The figure joints in the videos were tight.

It might just be how I'm looking at it, but i swear one of my batmans arms is longer than the other.

Edit: so it's not just how I'm looking at it, it's visible in person as well as in the first picture i sent in the photo above. Any reason why this might be?
20221104_205701.jpg

Last edited:
It might just be how I'm looking at it, but i swear one of my batmans arms is longer than the other.

Edit: so it's not just how I'm looking at it, it's visible in person as well as in the first picture i sent in the photo above. Any reason why this might be? View attachment 606380

Is the arm pushed up at the shoulder? If they both are then that is a massive defect, but the arms can go upwards or down to affect the traps position.

Is the arm pushed up at the shoulder? If they both are then that is a massive defect, but the arms can go upwards or down to affect the traps position.
Yeah i pushed it in, that seems to be the problem. It comes out anytime i move the arm though, the other one is fine. The little gold cylidner on the right side of my belt also just broke off now and i didn't even do anything to it for that happen lol.

Yeah i pushed it in, that seems to be the problem. It comes out anytime i move the arm though, the other one is fine. The little gold cylidner on the right side of my belt also just broke off now and i didn't even do anything to it for that happen lol.

Sorry when I said ‘up’ I meant that the arms are supposed to have a degree of vertical movement so they can affect how the traps sit.

If you had to push it ‘in’ to something then the shoulder connection could be defective.

Sorry when I said ‘up’ I meant that the arms are supposed to have a degree of vertical movement so they can affect how the traps sit.

If you had to push it ‘in’ to something then the shoulder connection could be defective.
Oh wow. Yeah when i push in it's the correct length and it doesn't stay in that position for long. Idk what to do since i got it off ebay, shoulda waited till a retailer got it back in stock

SS is sending out replacement new body. After reviewing many youtube videos, I also confirmed that the hips should be able to hold a pose. The legs should not flop back like that when extended. The figure joints in the videos were tight.
Wow, that was fast, thanks for sharing. Did they acknowledge that it is faulty and do you have to send the old body to them?

Wow, that was fast, thanks for sharing. Did they acknowledge that it is faulty and do you have to send the old body to them?
They just said they would send a replacement body out. Works for me. The old body is pretty weak without those leg joints and will put it in the basement. Im really glad the issue was brought to my attention by you or I would have never known. My guess is that the legs got damaged when HT employee were sewing the suit on and forcing the boots on. I hope you get yours straightened out!

Back