1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a lot of time last night working on parts for this thing and I realized I really need to be grateful for this release. Seeing the initial solicitation for it led me to buy a PC, download Zbrush, have the Enterbay cowl scanned, and ultimately led to me learning what I needed to make my TDK cowl. Now I use like 4 different design software, have more 3d printers than I care to count, and have had my hands on a piece of the Trilogy's legacy, which was really cool.

This took so long to release I was ready to revisit the Begins cowl by now. I kind of knew this going in, but even screen used assets need some revision to look right. I was surprised by the way the mostly unedited Begins cowl looks printed. I think the nasal area gets stretched out and changes the shapes of the eye holes while worn. The Enterbay chin opening shape didn't sit well with me anymore either, so I revised that back to a more accurate shape.

We'll see how this looks printed, the overall shape is spot on but something in the face is off on my first prints.

Also, I know I'm oversharing but man trying to fix stuff like this makes me feel like I have some purpose :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 614020View attachment 614017

Doing custom does that to you. Haha... I was just a cape maker. Now I sculpt and paint as well.

Hey. Contact me on Instagram. Iconic-FX. I can probably help you out with a few things related to the cowl. At least give you some insight into things you may not know.
Can you talk about your use of 91% alcohol to remove the suit coating. I think that will give a lot of people some hope.

Hey. Contact me on Instagram. Iconic-FX. I can probably help you out with a few things related to the cowl. At least give you some insight into things you may not know.
Wow didn't know you were on here. I follow your work on insta and facebook. Big fan!

Has anyone had any experience with Japanese sellers on eBay? Thinking of getting an mms155 just for the body.

Has anyone had any experience with Japanese sellers on eBay? Thinking of getting an mms155 just for the body.
Are you asking in terms of if you'll actually receive the item? If so, then yes, you should be fine. I'd just double check the seller's feedback to make sure they're recent sales look legit and see what if any negative feedback comments look like. I've noticed sometimes there are sellers with negative feedback yet the actual text of the feedback says "great seller" yet they gave the seller a negative rating.
Just expect to wait about as long for the package like any other package coming from overseas. I also record the unboxing of any collectibles from eBay now just in case the seller sends me a dud, regardless if it's from the US or somewhere out of the country.

Last edited:
Can you talk about your use of 91% alcohol to remove the suit coating. I think that will give a lot of people some hope.
Hey. So DeanKnight posted a new video discussing it. As far as what I did, I just wet a small section of a micro fiber cloth and then gently rubbed it on the suit in sections to remove the shininess. It maybe took all of 5 minutes.
I am aware that alcohol can dry out rubber suits. Doing it once or twice really shouldn't effect it long term though. At least from my experience. If you were doing it once a month I can guarantee it would probably break down, but using it to remove the shininess once or twice? I doubt it.
Now, I wish I would have tried dish soap and a little water first. I have been suspicious that the shininess is mold release which soap and water would remove. I am planning to repaint the figure once I get OTs cowl so the entire suit and cowl matches. I am fully planning to do a video showcasing this. The paint I use can pretty much stick to anything and I have used it for years when I have built costumes for customers using urethanes.

The fact that they re-engineered red and blue Spidey to answer complaints about the neck from the previous release, but actually made this figure worse than the 2011 version is wild. They are really uneven these days.

Keep him a bit taller. I have always felt like the Begins suit has much more “presence” than the DK suit anyways

Yeah I imagine the BB suit to be bigger and bulkier than the TDK/R suit. Agree, I felt it definitely had more of a "presence" in the movie. And, to my eye, I felt he looked a bit slimmed down when he upgraded to the TDK suit, but then again to quote BW in the movie, "My old suit's weighing me down."

As I look at the 1/4 figure in my display. Still baffles me how little the amount of crap they cared for this release....The 1/4 literally looks fine, from suit, body, headsculpt (only the cape is crap) and they could have easily copied it entirely and it would have been an actual improvement..Yet here we are

Yeah for sure a downscaled 1/4 version would've been a better effort, but, alas..

The fact that their first sculpt of Ra's after 15 years was a ******* head stone for the QS base is all you needed to know of what they think about Begins.

KXPwSeu.png

Yep the lack of a Ra's is a big bummer. Also, say that Joker face sculpt looks good there :lol

Back