1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there a main thread for the original Hot Toys Batman Begins 2011 Toy Fair Exclusive? Reviews, pictures, discussing fixes, problems, customizing etc. what was up with the breaking/melting leg? etc?
I can't seem to find it in a search. Any link thanks!
I was there, I saw it all.

- broken ankles
- disintegrating knee joints
- peeling matte sheen on the body suit
- indentations on the body if you leave the harness on
- indentations if you use the display base
- belts become oxidation and fade with white chalky film.

Awesome, Thanks! silly me putting Hot Toys + "Batman Begins" in the search title. :lol
I was there, I saw it all.

- broken ankles
- disintegrating knee joints
- peeling matte sheen on the body suit
- indentations on the body if you leave the harness on
- indentations if you use the display base
- belts become oxidation and fade with white chalky film.
^This sounds brutal, and add 10 year$. Between tracking that, on top of all the customizing (the long neck Pigeon vs the custom Fester cowl) disintegrating joints, the "peeling matte sheen" vs the all new gloss, seems Begins fans are currently damned no mater what they pursue, either way?:acme

Last edited:
Those broken ankles are the main reason I sold that release in anticipation for the current one. My suit was ok, but that body.

Gotta love how sheepish his followers are though. If Justin says a figure is a hit even when it’s not, the comments follow through with positivity and “it’s not that bad like ppl are making it out to be” but since he says it’s a dud the comments reflect that and how bad this release is.
Justin has a damn cult following him lol. I like him, but the amount of people who blindly agrees with everything he says is weird.

Having owned the MMS67 and MMS155, I suggest holding off on buying them as well as the MMS595.

Something tells me with this public outcry that Hot Toys is either going to go back and do it again (shrink down the Quarter Scale perhaps) or some other company or customizer is going to swoop in and fill the void.

Honestly, $200 is too much for the MM67, MMS155 and MMS595. All three are cheap and half baked when it comes to the hobby’s standards and expectations as of 2023.

Having owned the MMS67 and MMS155, I suggest holding off on buying them as well as the MMS595.

Something tells me with this public outcry that Hot Toys is either going to go back and do it again (shrink down the Quarter Scale perhaps) or some other company or customizer is going to swoop in and fill the void.

Honestly, $200 is too much for the MM67, MMS155 and MMS595. All three are cheap and half baked when it comes to the hobby’s standards and expectations as of 2023.
Idk, people were pretty upset when they unveiled the recent reissue and they still released it with no improvements. It seems like this one will go on bargain bin clearance and fade away unless they made a very limited quantity.

I feel like if they were this risk averse when they announced this last year then they will be even more reluctant to lose money on new tooling after what I guess will be a failure for this release.

This thing looks pretty good once you rub all the ****** paint off. Added my V2 prototype cowl with posable eyes and my drape cape.

Attachments

• CA2FDFE6-AC93-4EBD-9F29-84C7591FDF25.jpeg
    CA2FDFE6-AC93-4EBD-9F29-84C7591FDF25.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 9E36BDAE-73D7-4C77-968A-D09C8BD63C24.jpeg
    9E36BDAE-73D7-4C77-968A-D09C8BD63C24.jpeg
    885.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 143C0504-0141-4CD2-AABC-1DFECDCE69D4.jpeg
    143C0504-0141-4CD2-AABC-1DFECDCE69D4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
What did you do to rub off the “shine”?
Initially I wiped it down with 70% IPA and noticed that was enough to wear some of the paint off. I just gently abraded it with my thumbs and then pulled off the pilled up paint with electrical tape. For tricky areas like around the bat symbol I put a dried alcohol wipe over a screw driver and dragged that through the creases.

Initially I wiped it down with 70% IPA and noticed that was enough to wear some of the paint off. I just gently abraded it with my thumbs and then pulled off the pilled up paint with electrical tape. For tricky areas like around the bat symbol I put a dried alcohol wipe over a screw driver and dragged that through the creases.

Darn. I was hoping alcohol wouldn’t be involved. I do have an extra body, but it’s displaying the first night out look.

Darn. I was hoping alcohol wouldn’t be involved. I do have an extra body, but it’s displaying the first night out look.
At 70% I don’t think there’s much risk. I’m not sure the alcohol was involved that much in softening it, this is the worst paint I’ve ever seen on a toy. Some of it was already transferred to his little foam butt flap when I opened the box. I think you could probably get most of it to pull up with just some pressure from your thumbs.

One thing i can't understand for the life of me is why they included the puckering lips face plate. I mean whats the purpose? It looks awful. Who thought it was a good idea? It just looks so goofy how can anyone actually think that it looks good. Why do they keep giving the bale batmans these goofy face plates.

One thing i can't understand for the life of me is why they included the puckering lips face plate. I mean whats the purpose? It looks awful. Who thought it was a good idea? It just looks so goofy how can anyone actually think that it looks good. Why do they keep giving the bale batmans these goofy face plates.
You mean this beauty?
5A931112-A515-42FA-8F10-65172B4003D6.jpeg

Back