1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that’s the problem. People are fine with accepting mediocrity so Hot Toys gets away with releases like this.

I don’t see how any one could look at this thing and think “oooh yeah, the Batman figure of my dreams right there”. People are on here are like “it needs some work, but I still like it”. Needs some work? An all new head to get rid of the giraffe neck and cartoony caricature faces? An all new cape? Source other figures for better weapons/accessories? At $250+ for a figure that’s been done multiple times already? So other than this simply being an opportunity to get a Bale/Begins Batman, what is good about this thing?

I just don’t get it. When Hot Toys releases a 5th 1/6 Begins Batman and it looks like this one again, I’ll be sure to point at all the people that happily bought this one as the reason nothing has changed. That’s why they’ll never improve it.
Maybe to people like you who buy literally every 1/6 scale figure that comes out you can have that attitude. When you have five other Batman figures in your collection you can see how this one feels 'less' to you, but to someone like me who rarely collects figures, only has a few, and has zero batman figures and I want a Begins suit?

Yeah, this is what I'm getting because what else is there. And I know I can fix it.

Point at me all you want you judgemental so and so.

74m60f.gif

... this one feels 'less' to you, but to someone like me who rarely collects figures, only has a few, and has zero batman figures and I want a Begins suit?
Yeah dude, don't sweat it, none of these are perfect, for some the one they faun over isn't that great either and needs all kinds of fixes and updates too, and they know it, and resent you genuinely liking something other than what they got. To try and make themselves feel better, all they have is to just s#!t on an other, to desperately try and convince themselves they got the "correct" and worth one.:lol
Like what you like.

Last edited:
Maybe to people like you who buy literally every 1/6 scale figure that comes out you can have that attitude. When you have five other Batman figures in your collection you can see how this one feels 'less' to you, but to someone like me who rarely collects figures, only has a few, and has zero batman figures and I want a Begins suit?

Yeah, this is what I'm getting because what else is there. And I know I can fix it.

Point at me all you want you judgemental so and so.

I don't have every Batman there is and I definitely cannot afford spending $250 to $300 plus every now and then for toys. For the price I'm paying, I'd expect something really good from Hot Toys and not necessarily perfection. I want a good Begins 1/6 figure and I don't have one. I'm not going to settle for this and waste the money that's not easy to spend at that price. So I'll go without a Begins Batman until something is worth the asking price.

You have to understand, this release is definitely below the standard of what is even acceptable at the price they're charging. It's not about "what other choice is out there?" It's about saying to Hot Toys this product is not acceptable by not buying it. It's about saying to them, you can do better which they can! Just look at the Kilmer Batman or the new Holland Spidey.

the-dark-knight-its-about-sending-a-message.gif

It's not even like I think this is great, I know it's not (I've got the InArt Joker on order, and I do custom painting for a living so I know what a great figure looks like). I'll admit I was hoping they'd upgrade it a bit way back when I ordered it.

But now that it's here? Yeah I'm gonna keep it and fix it myself. I just don't need people 'blaming' me for Hot Toys not giving them exactly what they want 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's not even like I think this is great, I know it's not (I've got the InArt Joker on order, and I do custom painting for a living so I know what a great figure looks like). I'll admit I was hoping they'd upgrade it a bit way back when I ordered it.

But now that it's here? Yeah I'm gonna keep it and fix it myself. I just don't need people 'blaming' me for Hot Toys not giving them exactly what they want 🤷🏻‍♂️
^This is the right attitude to have. I think everything that is wrong with this figure is fixable. I hope you show us your improvements. :)

Hot Toys probably thinks that you guys will spend $$$ for custom cowl head, cape and parts anyway, so why bother to make new molds, just grab as much as possible.

LOL love this review.
He's prepared, almost determined to hate it from the "talk on-line", by the end of his review, he comes to terms that you're never going to get great holding poseability, not with the solid rubber suit this represents anyway, and as the out of the box gloss impact wanes, it's totally grown on him. (that cape helps too). By end, side by side he thought the DX19 would look far superior, yet even that he's not convinced by, he's taken to it so much. :wink1:

Last edited:
I just took my Forever Batman apart for a body swap and wow the body was soaked in oil under the suit. If they have done this with the Batman Begins figure to it is entirely possible the outer layer of the suit will eventually dull. The shininess could vary depending on how generous the oil application was.

I watched the few videos that have popped up about this one and whoosh. Not too good. Then I went and looked at the gallery on Sideshow's site for this thing and if it looked even close to that, it would get my money. But based on what we've seen so far - c'mon. It's shiny and sticky looking. It looks cheap and just weird. And no way is it getting into those poses and holding them as Brick Garage so aptly demonstrated. It's a real WTF of a release here.

Not gonna knock those who want it and feel like they can amp it up and improve it. I'm very interested in seeing the result posted in here. I freely admit I gotta deal with what gets shipped to us with these figures...no talent in these hands for the work it would take to make this thing presentable. And that is a pity. I wanted the "Begins" version for the collection.

Jaxxon must be very happy with the consequent rereleases of figures without improving the capes.
I remember how much I enjoyed the DX11 Joker with non improved socks. I got this Joker for free + a little hand money. Jaxxon should make a lot more. 👍🏻

I was getting ready to show my IG with the before and after. Thank you for posting it.
I used a microfiber cloth and simply wet it and wiped it down. I want to go back over it once more to get some parts that were missed but it made the figure tolerable. In this scale there is really no option unfortunately if you want a Begins figure. Planning to swap the cape and printing a new cowl with face. I am either going to repaint the gauntlets or print some as well.

Back