1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the smirk as well. It’s great for action poses and even static poses. Light years better than the open mouth laugh of Harley (difficult for action poses) and so much better than the typical vacant expression of any other HT female releases. It would be even better that they give AK Catwoman a smirk if and when they release her! (Prime 1 did!!!) That would just add so much more to the character!!

The open mouth Harley is one of HT best sculpts in recent years. That figure has bags of character and a spot on likeness to Margot.

Looking at the pictures, I am not sure that is an exposed hip joint...I think it is like a belt/armored thong kinda thing? Maybe? Just maybe?

The curve on her left hip is quite extreme which is a common look when it is a separate leg attached by a ball joint. There are also holes visible on the inner thighs which remind me a Wonder Woman.

I don't mind the hip joints, if that is what they are, since they don't look gappy in the later pictures. I suspect the thong piece will be flexible enough to hide it will since the actual joint is deep inside there. I'm just glad that there are not obvious joints anywhere else

I dont get all the fuss about rooted hair. IMO it looks way better than sculpted. (with the exception of short hair i would think.)
I had the black widow Civil War version and the Black widow Avengers (first movie) figures and didnt have any crazy issues with it. In my experience its not that bad.
And this figure has long hair which is even better for rooted. If you want sculpted get a statue, which there is an abundance of.

If you like combing doll hair then just say it. The Black Widow hair always look like crap Everytime I see people posting pictures.

Yeah, I'm sure your $20 Neca figure looks as good as this. Wonder why the rest of us are buying Hot Toys then? You must be the only smart guy to know this secret Neca hidden treasure.

Let me make this simple so you can understand. The exposed Neca action figure leg joints on this figure is not something you see on Hot Toys figures. As a matter of fact this is the first one I have seen from them. Understand what someone is posting before responding.

Spotted her in the corner of a Rocket and Groot pic.

ea6ea54fe968ae3f9cc98241e433cd2b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn’t mean to disrespect the Harley sculpt and figure, it’s great and the likeness was very good, just that the open mouth was not my cup of tea, so I ended up not getting it. As for that hip, maybe it is really a ball joint? Can’t really say for certain from pictures and I’m not there. Will have to see the eventual announcement pictures and Secret Base display pictures to make sure. Given the stand is done as well, I think this will be up for PO pretty quickly...Alas, ran out of budget this year already and I much prefer AK Catwoman over her...

Am I crazy or is the Prime 1 face sculpt very similar with a smirk? Based on the picture I posted above, it looks very similar from what I can see.

I looked her up, the Prime 1 has two sculpts, and one is indeed a smirk.

e4ca4b47c500a9fc2436388231e6405a.png

If you like combing doll hair then just say it. The Black Widow hair always look like crap Everytime I see people posting pictures.

Mine looked fine and i never had to comb the hair... So im not sure what you are doing with yours, or it sounds like maybe you never actually had one and are not talking from experience. But in any case my experience was fine, i had no issues. My profile picture is Hot toys black widow and the hair looks fine to me

Mine looked fine and i never had to comb the hair... So im not sure what you are doing with yours, or it sounds like maybe you never actually had one and are not talking from experience. But in any case my experience was fine, i had no issues. My profile picture is Hot toys black widow and the hair looks fine to me

I’ve owned basically every Black Widow and the rooted hair is a pain in the ass. Molded hair like Maria Hill looks WAY better to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I should add I’m passing in the new Widow because the blonde hair looks HORRID to me. It’s just platinum strands with no highlights and looks nothing like the character in the movie. One guy at my LCS called it an Andy Warhol doll.

And I should add I’m passing in the new Widow because the blonde hair looks HORRID to me. It’s just platinum strands with no highlights and looks nothing like the character in the movie. One guy at my LCS called it an Andy Warhol doll.

oh no ill admit the new black widow looks more akin to a barbie. But on longer hair like this batgirl, i think rooted is the way to go. And besides, do you really expect an action fighting girl to have perfect straight hair all the time :lol

...And besides, do you really expect an action fighting girl to have perfect straight hair all the time :lol
Slightly off topic, in the Iron Man 2 commentary with John Favreau, he said during her fight at Hammer Tech, the crew painstakingly work on ScarJo’s hair to make sure her hair is perfect in every scene in action, long shots or close ups. He said we can say Black Widow’s true superpower is keeping her hair perfect in any action scene!!! LOL!

I’ve owned basically every Black Widow and the rooted hair is a pain in the ass. Molded hair like Maria Hill looks WAY better to me.

My CW Widow's hair looked damn near perfect straight out of the box. I didn't have to do anything to it. In the case of Batgirl, it's just hair that's flowing off the back of the mask. I doubt we'll have to do much combing if any.

Back