1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just wondering why they picked this specific character. She only appears as Batgirl in the flashback DLC, and is already paralyzed by the time the first game begins.

Surely Scarecrow would have been a better option. If they wanted to make a member of the Bat Family, Robin and Nightwing would have been better pics. Even if they were determined to make a female figure, Harley and Catwoman seem like more obvious choices.

I'm just wondering why they picked this specific character. She only appears as Batgirl in the flashback DLC, and is already paralyzed by the time the first game begins.

Surely Scarecrow would have been a better option. If they wanted to make a member of the Bat Family, Robin and Nightwing would have been better pics. Even if they were determined to make a female figure, Harley and Catwoman seem like more obvious choices.

I am pessimistic about the quality of a Catwoman figure now. There is no way for retarded hot toys to ruin it with doll hair but it seems like they thought of something new. Leg jonts on the outside of the costumes

Because she is associate of Batman. And Batman sells.

The more I look at it the more I'm convinced that there is a visible torso joint as well. At first I thought it was the costume, but the Prime1 statue has a sleek line there.

You would think Robin would naturally follow Batman...but still glad to get one of my favourite Batgirl designs

Agreed, here's hoping Robin and Nightwing follow next. I am really pulling for Catwoman, that pose of her and the whip wrapped around City Bats is perfect.

Agreed, here's hoping Robin and Nightwing follow next. I am really pulling for Catwoman, that pose of her and the whip wrapped around City Bats is perfect.

I instantly fell in love with the prime one catwoman smirk head sculpt. But for $1000....haha no way. But now that they have batgirl with the same smirk face as her prime one counterpart..... it would be like a dream come true....

Exposed joints: Urgh looks like a toy!
Covered suit: Urgh can't pose. I don't want a statue!

It truly is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. :lol

I would definitely take a loss in some articulation as opposed to having exposed joints.
For me it takes away the realism that comes with Hot Toys figures.

Same here. I like to see the outfit flow naturally over the body. Even if it does limit the posing.

There is always going to be some compromise on both sides though. If a figure has zero articulation you may as well make it a statue. At the same time it's a deluxe figure and will never match the articulation of true action figures at the cheaper end of the scale.

There is always going to be some compromise on both sides though. If a figure has zero articulation you may as well make it a statue. At the same time it's a deluxe figure and will never match the articulation of true action figures at the cheaper end of the scale.

There is a world of difference between even the most articulation-restricted Hot Toys figure and a statue. With HT the pose will always be my own. With a statue it will never be.

There is a world of difference between even the most articulation-restricted Hot Toys figure and a statue. With HT the pose will always be my own. With a statue it will never be.

True, I can't argue with that. I suppose it defends on the character and the makeup of their outfit. The Arkham Joker looks crazy good and has great articulation. Much harder to achieve with a more rubber style suit but the regular suit Batfleck showed it's not impossible.

I generally use museum poses which works pretty well for Batman with his brooding stoic poses. A Spiderman with limited articulation would kinda suck though.

I would definitely take a loss in some articulation as opposed to having exposed joints.
For me it takes away the realism that comes with Hot Toys figures.

Yeah, and really i dont personally see a whole lot of complaints about articulation on HT figures, other than the obvious boot/ankle dilemma.
But costume quality and head sculpt should come above all else on HT figures. These are pose-able statues, not "a child's play thing!"
Which really i think the quality of likeness is much better on a 1/6 figure than any statue.

Looks better but it still has that $20 black plastic toy feel.

Absolutely! Love Batgirl everything but this is seriously disappointing. Its gotta be a joke, looks like those cheap knock offs on ebay. When I first saw the pics I though oh cool, a GI Joe size Batgirl. Compared to the other Hot Toys figures I have this is garbage, sorry but yes 20 buck chunk of plastic is what this looks like. The face, looks all puckered and sunk in!

PLEASE Hot Toys...rework this figure, I need a good 1/6 Batgirl!

Back