Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. My condolences to all of you, even those who scored this figure. That was some bulls... right there.

2. Thank the Maker this was not a figure I could not live without.

3. If they're going to do a lottery, do a lottery. Have ppl RSVP, you got their info.... then on release day, do a lottery. It makes absolutely no sense for them to crash their own servers and re-queue people and cause a great deal of customer ill-will. Don't do an online LIVE lottery, do an electronic one. I'm not phrasing this real well, sorry.

4. If you thought this was bad, wait for the real-hair Sith Anakin. That one'll overwhelm the western US power grid.

5. Tell people what they're getting into beforehand, so they'll be prepared. People came for first come/first serve but instead they got a stealth lottery. Bulls...

6. Here's hoping sculpted hair Anakin is a regular release. I could use an Anakin and this is a nice one.

7. Its the middle of the day, but you guys go get yourselves a beer or something. You've earned it, and the sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world.

I was able to snag one somehow after countless crashes. I originally got place 350 in line and clicked the link to buy after it became my turn and it gave me a web browser error. I refreshed then got put back to 3500 in line where it then magically updated in 5 seconds to 1200 in line. Once it became "my turn" again I clicked and it just opened another queue tab instead and put me back another 1000 places in line. One final time it gave me "your turn" and finally it let me in and I was able to buy one when it was about 75% sold out.

That was super stressful and I'm sorry to the others where that happened. I was really frustrated the entire time and couldn't believe I actually got one somehow in the end after all that mess.

So….. how long until we get a rooted hair Kenobi?
They're probably working on it right now. Who doesn't want a 1/6 LIMITED EDITION HOLY Jesus in their collection?

5c23ec6b01c0ea1687619f05

:pray:

where is my artisan mace windu hot toys?
rooted eyebrows will take it to the next level!!!

have to complain about something after that unsuccessful preorder attempt...blathering blatherskite

They both sold out in 30-35 minutes with probably 1500ish Anakins and probably 2000 Jokers in stock. If they are doing similar edition sizes in the future and sideshow sticks to this release format, you are probably out of luck if not among the first 2000 people in the queue, units sold and people passed through the queue seemed fairly comparable. I started out at about 2900 in line and it sold out when I was in the 800s. I snagged a Joker yesterday since my spot assigned was under 900 then.
I’d rather they just let you put your name in a hat instead of wasting your time.

Defintely wasn't random. I had 2 different browsers on 3 devices - only the first browser I opened and signed into had the lowest queue number
For me it was the other way around. First got in the queue on my phone and a few minutes later on my computer.

On my phone, I got a place around 3.500 in the queue. On my computer, it was 1.085, and that was good enough to place an order.

I have the DS Anakin and wanted this to upgrade it....but Im kinda like umm...after seeing pics like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 1.40.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 1.40.48 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I’d rather they just let you put your name in a hat instead of wasting your time.
Exactly this. I'm not even mad that it was lottery based. That's what I thought would be fair but they should have told us and have done this ahead of time. Instead, all of us were waiting in line for what may or may not happen.

Honestly I was less about this because of the hair and more excited about the new sculpt with moving eyes. If they now release a plastic hair version using that sculpt under the Obi-Wan series line, I’d be content. At least people looking for the Joker had that second sculpted option.

I just don’t get why the Joker had 1k more units made and a sculpted version offered right on the heels of InArt releasing their version. I get that Hot Toys is trying to flex to show what they can make, what I don’t get are the number allocations. I get that SW is not a big seller in China, but the US was always going to blow up a lower edition Anakin with no second option.

Reading through the thread I realize how lucky I was today securing this figure. I actually took 4 hours off of work so I could come home and use my Chromebook and iPhone because I knew there would be no chance at my workplace. The Chromebook turned out to be the winner. I tried like hell to buy that Vancei custom 16 years ago to no avail, so I had my heart set on this Anakin. I hate reading about everyone who wanted this just as bad as me only to get screwed. Reading all of this reminds me of all the crazy shitshows on SS’s website during the 1/6 Star Wars preorders in the early 2000’s. 👎

Back