Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should have just been a lottery system like they did with the D100 Iron Man. You get picked randomly and have a smooth transaction with their website checking out since you don't have 12000 people trying to get in at once.
Vigilance is worth rewarding, not luck.

My only consolation is, seeing how fast rooted hair Anakin sold out.. you just know Hot Toys will treat it like Iron Man and offer 1,000 new rooted Anakin versions in the upcoming years... just watch.

Vigilance is worth rewarding, not luck.
This was luck :lol You were randomly placed on the line when it went up. Same for the Joker yesterday. With it being luck, you might as well do a lottery system. It's the same thing without the hassle of your website having 12000 people on it at once. Hell, even being on the line you had people seeing their position get pushed BACK, which makes no sense unless if they were allowing people to randomly get in line in front of them.

just make a $300 sculpted version
Since it's a new head sculpt with moveable eyes, it seems like a wasted opportunity not to offer a sculpted hair version. Hot Toys would make much more money off of it.

My first window had me at #1897. I opened a second window and it was #475 or something.... I tried doing the same with the Waitlist queue and it did the same thing.

Place in queue definitely appears to be at random.

My first window had me at #1897. I opened a second window and it was #475 or something.... I tried doing the same with the Waitlist queue and it did the same thing.

Yeah it was the same yesterday with Joker. You had people who got on the line as soon as it went up being put at 3000+. Then you saw people who got on 10-15 minutes later get in front of them in the lower hundreds. It's completely random and luck as it is. Just do a lottery system at that point.

This was luck :lol You were randomly placed on the line when it went up. Same for the Joker yesterday. With it being luck, you might as well do a lottery system. It's the same thing without the hassle of your website having 12000 people on it at once. Hell, even being on the line you had people seeing their position get pushed BACK, which makes no sense unless if they were allowing people to randomly get in line in front of them.
That's my point. This shouldn't have been a luck-based process. Shock drops mitigate scalpers and give those who stay attentive a much better shot at success.

They both sold out in 30-35 minutes with probably 1500ish Anakins and probably 2000 Jokers in stock. If they are doing similar edition sizes in the future and sideshow sticks to this release format, you are probably out of luck if not among the first 2000 people in the queue, units sold and people passed through the queue seemed fairly comparable. I started out at about 2900 in line and it sold out when I was in the 800s. I snagged a Joker yesterday since my spot assigned was under 900 then.

With the number of important Star Wars main characters Hot Toys could make Artisan Edition figures of, the prospect of queuing but also having it be luck of the draw feels deflating.

I feel fortunate I was able to get an order in today but I really don’t like that so many people here missed out.

And I’m certainly not looking forward to potentially repeating this for whoever is next like Luke, Leia, [REDACTED], Obi-Wan…

They should at the bare minimum do a time limited preorder window and not this mess.

They both sold out in 30-35 minutes with probably 1500ish Anakins and probably 2000 Jokers in stock. If they are doing similar edition sizes in the future and sideshow sticks to this release format, you are probably out of luck if not among the first 2000 people in the queue, units sold and people passed through the queue seemed fairly comparable. I started out at about 2900 in line and it sold out when I was in the 800s. I snagged a Joker yesterday since my spot assigned was under 900 then.
Nah, I was at 3000+ ahead of me for Joker and still got one. I was just about the same place for Anakin but didn't.

That definitely wasn't the case from my experience, it always put me in a later position in the line if I opened a new window. This was before the preorder started

It stuck me at 5.5k at 9 on the dot, and no matter the attempts it shafted me as it didn’t even start to move until like 9:40 or something. Like literally it basically started moving when it sold out. The only reason I even waited so long was cause they claimed it was gonna shuffle at 9:15… such BS.

I can live without a toy. I’m annoyed they made some BS claim that the original number didn’t matter to make me stay and wait. And then used the original number anyway.

Personally thought they handled the "drop" extremely well. Obviously people aren't gonna be happy one way or another. But it's a limited piece this is a part of the game.

That definitely wasn't the case from my experience, it always put me in a later position in the line if I opened a new window. This was before the preorder started
Same. If I opened a new window, but same brower, it just gave me the same position number. I had to physically use a different device and or Browers and when I did, I was put further back in line on those devices.

Laptop with Chrome: 3,000+
Same Laptop with Edge: 4,000+
Mobile: 6,000+
Secondary laptop about 10 mins after the 9:15 new start time with Firefox: 11,000+

Back