Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 651617

Cloak is still too short.
This looks like the same cloak as the first release. I had a hunch the dark side Anakin from the Kenobi 501st tease photos were using Qui Guin’s cloak so I took these pics of mine using that cloak, the hood is better than the one that came with Anakin and it’s longer too. You can hold the hood down with these little earth magnets from Amazon. Smaller the better.

Attachments

• IMG_1145.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
This is growing on me more and more. Really hope I can get my hands on it.

Only good thing about this being super limited, is that if I don't like it, I can sell and make my money back. But, If I do like it I can sell my original and make MOST of my money back, as I don't think this will hurt the aftermarket price on him too too much.

Actually it’s fixed with Qui Gon Jinn’s cloak. Pretty sure that’s what they used in the Kenobi 501st Clone promo shots. XD

Good luck to all who want this Anakin, I can feel I won’t get in line fast enough before he sells out in the first 1/1000 of a second.

It would be a shame for Hot Toys to develop this BRAND NEW, painstakingly accurate head sculpt only to be used on this low volume exclusive edition. Surely a cheaper to produce sculpted haired version won’t see the light of day after this one sells out, now that you got everyone hyped, right Hot Toys? *Wink wink*
I was being sarcastic

I wouldn't be opposed to a timing window for ordering, but I'm not a fan of this limited release BS. Not to mention, Sideshow doesn't have the website infrastructure to handle the traffic. If I add an item to cart and it tells me the item is reserved for 5 minutes, there should not be a single instance of that item magically disappearing from my cart because someone yoinked it.

Even the lottery system was better than the current strategy. If HT and SS continue with the artificially induced FOMO, I'm either going to order overseas directly or just not bother collecting these figures anymore.

I really wish the desire to collect for rarity's sake was gone or at least less. Seems like collecting switched from buying to have memories and representation to how much that item can fetch in dollars. Feels like the PS5 bot purchase fiasco all over again. Anyways, happy for those that get this and actually want it.

I wouldn't be opposed to a timing window for ordering, but I'm not a fan of this limited release BS. Not to mention, Sideshow doesn't have the website infrastructure to handle the traffic. If I add an item to cart and it tells me the item is reserved for 5 minutes, there should not be a single instance of that item magically disappearing from my cart because someone yoinked it.

Even the lottery system was better than the current strategy. If HT and SS continue with the artificially induced FOMO, I'm either going to order overseas directly or just not bother collecting these figures anymore.

I really wish the desire to collect for rarity's sake was gone or at least less. Seems like collecting switched from buying to have memories and representation to how much that item can fetch in dollars. Feels like the PS5 bot purchase fiasco all over again. Anyways, happy for those that get this and actually want it.
I agree everyone interested should have the chance to get one, these should be made to order. It's the hair that takes a long time to do, if that's the case the rarity is not artificial.

There some channels on YouTube promoting the idea that rarity should be encouraged to make collecting 'fun' again. Why? Fun for whom? Fun for fine fellows who can score one and gloat about it? Or for scalpers who can enjoy holding on to it and flipping it later without actually playing with it? If HT had made an alternative version without rooted hair or something there'd be more supply to meet demand I think.

I called my local HT dealer whom I normally buy from, he gets his stuff directly from Hong Kong and he says there's no chance of getting this one :( So unless you know an official HT dealer overseas, I doubt there's a better chance. As for TW, no chance they can fill all of their orders

I think it kinda sucks that they will release two versions of the Joker (sculpted and wooly hair), but they'll only release wooly Anakin.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it. I'm not even going to try and get this. I'm just going to sit here, quietly hoping that the Sandtrooper and Dewback are officially announced soon. (And that they aren't limited to 3000 pieces)

I think it kinda sucks that they will release two versions of the Joker (sculpted and wooly hair), but they'll only release wooly Anakin.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it. I'm not even going to try and get this. I'm just going to sit here, quietly hoping that the Sandtrooper and Dewback are officially announced soon. (And that they aren't limited to 3000 pieces)

Hopefully they see the reaction of this and just release a sculpted one with the ROTS anniversary.

That year is going to be big for that film and Howard's obsession with Anakin is apparent lol.

I would like this but I won’t be willing to pay stupid amounts. its cool and making it limited seems a bit silly as well.

as for the toys wonderland issue… I used them in the past and whilst I got the item I ordered I would never use them again. They lied about stock and posting items and when I cancelled a preorder I had even though it was due to their error they refused to return my money - I did get store credit which. I used and got that item eventually.

just something off with them but you pays ypur money and your makes your Choice. and good luck to you.

as for Justin. I asked him on a thread directly about the word on the street about tw and he totally swerved it. I don’t for a second believe he does t get something from them - be it discount or discounted shipping or guaranteed access to stuff and I wish he would be more honest about his relationship with them.

Pre-ordered this guy...now fingers crossed that Hot Toys are going to take this production seriously and his hair turns out 60% as good

Will this be available at Kit or khobby? I'm changing my collection to mainly high quality figures from inart or similar stuff, so I would like to get this one too. But I won't order from USA because it will be too expensive (shipping and taxes)

Will this be available at Kit or khobby? I'm changing my collection to mainly high quality figures from inart or similar stuff, so I would like to get this one too. But I won't order from USA because it will be too expensive (shipping and taxes)
Doubt it, there’s only 800 pieces in HK.

My bet....Anakin will be in Ashoka's show and then is when HT releases a Anakin with sculpted hair inside the Ashoka's collectibles line. Is for that the sculpted hair version is not yet relased as Joker does.

Last edited:
Once these are sold out I wouldn't be surprised if HT turned around and put up an Artisan Jedi/Sith Anakin 2-pack. Once flippers start inflating the prices in the secondary, they could easily solicit them for $1,100-$1,200 and buyers will consider it a bargain. Even if there are a slew of cancellations folks will lose their NRDs and HT can simply repackage any leftovers into the 2-packs and probably make a higher per unit profit.

Back