Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a lot of faults, fake tracking numbers and crappy customer service among them.
Who do you think you are for calling me lame for not paying my money to your store of choice?! What utter arrogance! I’ve given plenty of my money to other HK stores, and have pre-orders open with Kit and TBA. Buying this with TW with discount codes was what made sense for me financially on this occasion. Would you like me to produce receipts for you?
I never said there is a specific store you should spend your money at, but it's ridiculous you would willingly give it to a company that is essentially a reseller which has endless accounts of lying and proof of screwing over their customers and have only doubled down on their engagement in such scummy business practices. Hot Toys doesn't even officially deal with them anymore because of their constant blunders and failure to conduct themselves as an official retailer. And the fact that you know about their scummy behaviour and continue to support them for it is just embarrassing.

This really isn't complicated stuff and doesn't have anything to do with arrogance; you're clearly fine playing with fire when it comes to your money and are happy to support an objectively terrible company. Good for you. That's lame. Keep your receipts.

@Captain_Trips

It's all good, bruv; don't feel like your shopping choice is a reflection of your character. I think a number of people are simply trying to prepare you for a bitter outcome in case your transaction with TW doesn't pan out. That's all. Obviously we want you to receive your product, but I guess the shop's track record has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. As long as you understand that you are likely taking a gamble, then all that can be said has been. Good luck, for real!

That being said, Justin can suck it Lol

I read that probably the time for the PO Will be 9AM...I'm european, for make a search of the time diferences which country is the references? 9AM of...???

Yeah, a statement such as the person you were responding to's is really standing on a hill during a thunderstorm, shouting dares up at the sky about how that cowardly lightning dares not strike you.

Okay. Not for me, but okay. Ppl can do what they want with their money, I guess.
Agreed. As I mentioned in a follow up reply to that member, we're just trying to give warnings for no other reason than to hopefully help anyone avoid being the next victim of TW. Everyone is free to do as they will with their money at the end of the day. I'm genuinely happy when ppl actually do receive their orders from TW. But I also hate that it builds the false sense of "it won't happen to me" security. It seems inevitable that they will come into a thread posting "it finally happened" as it has to so many here as well as on other social media sites for ppl who were previously all on board with ordering from TW.

I read that probably the time for the PO Will be 9AM...I'm european, for make a search of the time diferences which country is the references? 9AM of...???
Where did you read this? Its probably pacific standard time (California). So 12 pm on the US east coast.

Geez, I see it's turned to mobbing here because someone ordered something at TW.

FFS people get a life !

Anyway back to permed Anakin.
was it really mobbing or just trying to help save someone from potentially losing money and/or possibly a chance at getting the figure from somewhere more reputable since they're thinking/hoping they're pre-order is any good at TW?

Honestly more than fine with having no life if that means spending a couple minutes writing two comments saying it’s lame to financially support people who you already know are scammers. This isn’t a case of someone who is oblivious to the company’s issues.

Geez, I see it's turned to mobbing here because someone ordered something at TW.

FFS people get a life !

Anyway back to permed Anakin.

Its not mobbing.

Its more the horrified thrill one feels when watching a Fail Army tiktok clip featuring someone parasailing as a stormfront blows in, and theyre trying to reel in the parasailer and then the line snaps. Parasailer soars untethered into the lightning-laced dark clouds of doom, as people on the ground say "Oh s***" off- camera.

Shock and awe, kind of. He parasailed next to lightning! He ordered a very limited item from TW!

Maybe that parasailer will survive un-lightningbolted and with a wild story to tell, but sure wouldnt bet $$ on it.

I got screwed on my second order, I will always continue to shout from the rooftops wherever I can when the topic comes up if it means just one person can save their money and it will help them eventually crash and burn.

We're pretty far off topic, but yeah, for this figure it's really going to be SSC or double the price from scalpers/secondary market. I don't see too many other retailers having this accessible. Kit may be able to field a few, but I think this one will go faster than all the other recent limited releases.

Here’s my take, hot toys jacket still looks puffy so inart takes the cake on the clothing. Headsculpt tho, imo hot toys nailed it better. There is more detail to heaths ledger actual face. Inarts eyes are too big, and too close together. What hot toys lacks is their makeup placement. The black makeup is too narrow, which makes his face off. A repaint of hot toys head would be a 9/10 in terms of likeness. Rooted hair work though we have no say, inarts hair looks too good to beat in terms of flatness.
DA6A0E75-FF0B-41D4-B786-63E3789949B8.jpeg

Here’s my take, hot toys jacket still looks puffy so inart takes the cake on the clothing. Headsculpt tho, imo hot toys nailed it better. There is more detail to heaths ledger actual face. Inarts eyes are too big, and too close together. What hot toys lacks is their makeup placement. The black makeup is too narrow, which makes his face off. A repaint of hot toys head would be a 9/10 in terms of likeness. Rooted hair work though we have no say, inarts hair looks too good to beat in terms of flatness. View attachment 651598
Idk man I don’t think either looks like Anakin

Happy with my first light side version.
Also happy for those that want this and or missed out the first time around.
Also happy for those that have light and darkside version,like myself and are adding this to their collection.
Can never lose when it comes to hot toys star wars being added to the collection.

Selfish me would love a Jedi Spirit Anakin though.

Curious if this figure will come super fast to collectors hands like previous years con pieces.

Back