Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my take, hot toys jacket still looks puffy so inart takes the cake on the clothing. Headsculpt tho, imo hot toys nailed it better. There is more detail to heaths ledger actual face. Inarts eyes are too big, and too close together. What hot toys lacks is their makeup placement. The black makeup is too narrow, which makes his face off. A repaint of hot toys head would be a 9/10 in terms of likeness. Rooted hair work though we have no say, inarts hair looks too good to beat in terms of flatness. View attachment 651598

You should really compare proto to proto...

Happy with my first light side version.
Also happy for those that want this and or missed out the first time around.
Also happy for those that have light and darkside version,like myself and are adding this to their collection.
Can never lose when it comes to hot toys star wars being added to the collection.

Selfish me would love a Jedi Spirit Anakin though.

Curious if this figure will come super fast to collectors hands like previous years con pieces.

only people we aren't happy for are those dickheads who buy just to resell.

Maybe I won’t be able to get this, who knows. I didn’t expect this to be an overhype situation, which means speculators will be coming out of the woodwork when this goes up on SS—all to make what, $200-$300? That said, I’m usually able to get in POs.

1690243338165.png

Cloak is still too short.

Here’s my take, hot toys jacket still looks puffy so inart takes the cake on the clothing. Headsculpt tho, imo hot toys nailed it better. There is more detail to heaths ledger actual face. Inarts eyes are too big, and too close together. What hot toys lacks is their makeup placement. The black makeup is too narrow, which makes his face off. A repaint of hot toys head would be a 9/10 in terms of likeness. Rooted hair work though we have no say, inarts hair looks too good to beat in terms of flatness. View attachment 651598
I'm not even sure you can give the full point to Inart for the jacket because they clearly gave him a midget body and compromises the Jail look to achieve the tailoring for the purple coat.

Hot Toys' coat doesn't look as good but they absolutely nail the body proportions from the Grey jacket and jail look.

If I can get one of these Artisan figures I’m torn between Anakin and Joker. Probably leaning towards Anakin slightly but Joker is definitely a nice release too.

Will be fixed in next Artisan Sith version 😀
Actually it’s fixed with Qui Gon Jinn’s cloak. Pretty sure that’s what they used in the Kenobi 501st Clone promo shots. XD

Good luck to all who want this Anakin, I can feel I won’t get in line fast enough before he sells out in the first 1/1000 of a second.

It would be a shame for Hot Toys to develop this BRAND NEW, painstakingly accurate head sculpt only to be used on this low volume exclusive edition. Surely a cheaper to produce sculpted haired version won’t see the light of day after this one sells out, now that you got everyone hyped, right Hot Toys? *Wink wink*

Here we go again with this timed exclusive BS. Guess I might not be able to get him if I'm not fast enough same with Joker and Spider-Man.

Back