Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woa, so storing your figure inside the box doesn't guarantee that the rubber won't melt?

the "melting" of that guys figure was due to the high temps. where he lives. and with it being streched at that joint didn't help.

I happen to live in Bogor, Indonesia. It's not necessarily hot here, but it still is tropic. Do you suppose I should get it out of the box? And between a glass box and an acrylic box, which do you suppose is best to store HT figures?

this is the first figure I've owned made with a suit such as this. so I'm probably trying to get as much info as you.
also...this suit is made of rubber correct? and not silicone like the Nostromo figures?

I happen to live in Bogor, Indonesia. It's not necessarily hot here, but it still is tropic. Do you suppose I should get it out of the box? And between a glass box and an acrylic box, which do you suppose is best to store HT figures?

If I was you I wouldn't keep it in the box, but I stress, that's based on my feeling that it's always better for plastic not to be touching plastic or rubber; as for your glass/ acrylic box question do you mean for display?

I think it's also important to get some proportion about these figures - although they are beautiful, and expensive, they may have a short life span and one day melt into plastic mulch. Or they may last for many decades - we just don't know. Personally, if I'm sure I'm not going to sell a figure on within a uear or so, I like to get it out of the packaging and enjoy it as much as I can. But everyone's different.

I also think as a rule loose figures last longer. I'm pretty certain plastic or rubber don't react with tissue paper, which is what I wrap loose figures in for storage. But I recently opened some Star Wars POTF2 figures that were only a decade old and they were covered in that oily residue - but ones that I've had loose since then haven't acquired it.

If I was you I wouldn't keep it in the box, but I stress, that's based on my feeling that it's always better for plastic not to be touching plastic or rubber; as for your glass/ acrylic box question do you mean for display?

thanks.. and yeah, I mean to use one for display.

I happen to make custom acrylic display box as well. I'm designing one for the Dark Knight figures. I plan to make them with the dark knight logo engraved on the acrylic using laser etcher. It's going to be nice. But if acrylic doesn't do much good at preserving / protecting HT figures, then I'd go with the glass display box.

Can anyone confirm that this item can be used with Hot Toys Batman's Bruce Wayne head?

I recently bought one of these (nude) bodies on ebay and although I didn't try to fit a H.T headsculpt on it , I'm 99% sure one would fit . So sure , in fact , that I'll be sending for this set A.S.A.P. The Saturday Toys body is superb , next only in quality to the H.T True Type and even the bendy hands , normally a minus on a figure , are excellent .

So, I take it that the neck socket and joints of Saturday Toy and Hot Toys figures are identical?
Thundergod, can please try it out?

Thanks a million.

So, I take it that the neck socket and joints of Saturday Toy and Hot Toys figures are identical?
Thundergod, can please try it out?

Thanks a million.

They are compatable, I have Bruce standing on my shelf as we speak. I would take a pic for you but it's late here.

spreading your venom around, eh bro?
How do you recognize me, though? I used a different name in the other forum. Anyway, let's intoxicate these people, shall we? :D

Yeah, something about the Takara still wins it for me, it may not be as life like as the Hot Toys but I love both equally. Plus the cape is so awesome on the Takara.

I'm still amazed at the amount of times I have knocked my desk and it never falls over.

Edwint's cracking pictures.
IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

f17615f6.jpg

ec851cb3.jpg

4e183e72.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Takara still wins it for me too.

Yeah, kinda hope my HT batman original costume figure can have as much posability as takara's.

these two are the best iconic poses for the begins' batman, and are impossible to get with Hot Toys' Batman <sigh>...
IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

^ I'm not entirely sure of that. Even if we can, it'll look strange. Is there a tutorial out there on how to rig the cape so that it can have the same look as the second photo?

^ I'm not entirely sure of that. Even if we can, it'll look strange. Is there a tutorial out there on how to rig the cape so that it can have the same look as the second photo?

I believe edwint (owner of those pictures) put metal wire up the tips of the cape. Since the Takara has a fold stitched at the edge, if I remember correctly. It's boxed up but I can't be bothered to look and see. I remember seeing something like that though.

Back