Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between Hot Toys revealing the figure online already and Sideshow having the thing visible in the background they?ve managed to make a meal out of this secret reveal thing. Still, I appreciate them focusing in on Black Canary?s butt for so long. Swings and roundabouts.

Yeah that was almost better than the HT Death Watch figure ! :lol

r7qt8gw.jpg

He does look nice.

Damn yeah he does. Arguably the coolest looking Mando outside of Fett himself (and yes I'm including Djin Djarin.) I just like the blue with the darker colors.

Damn yeah he does. Arguably the coolest looking Mando outside of Fett himself (and yes I'm including Djin Djarin.) I just like the blue with the darker colors.

The Armourer, Bo Katan, and Gar Saxon would like a word.

Too bad George retconned OT Fett you mean. He was always a Mandalorian prior to TCW.

Idk what he was, but the current canon is Jango and his son are not Mandalorians.

I love George and SW as much as all of you guys but Star Wars canon has become nothing but one contradiction and ret-con after another.

What's canon today may change before dinner time tonight. Just look at how we all thought Palpatine was dead for 37 years and then nope, just kidding:lol That just means everything's fair game for change. I'm just at a point where I'm only here for the toys and a decent enough tv show and I have so much less stress with the fandom.

But yes, I LOVE me some Gar Saxon and that figure needs to be made asap!

Idk what he was, but the current canon is Jango and his son are not Mandalorians.

Boba himself would tell you he is not Mandalorian. And so? People say this like "if I tell them the Fetts are not Mandos, this will torpedo their fan-base!!" [not really referring to you here, just speaking in general] Real talk: fans of these characters for the most part just do not *care* about Disney's attempts to revoke, what, like 35+ years of history?

Speaking for me, I do not give one flying confabulation what Disney or Lucas says, since when either entity decides a reversal of this decision suits their purposes best... well, that's what'll happen.

Back on topic: SSC when you putting this guy up. Now is good.

I've been with Star Wars from the beginning and I never thought Boba Fett was a Mandalorian. I understood that he wore Mandalorian armor as intimidation to scare. But he himself was not necessarily a Mandalorian. I think the origin of his chosen armor got conflated with his personal origin somewhere along the way.

I've been with Star Wars from the beginning and I never thought Boba Fett was a Mandalorian. I understood that he wore Mandalorian armor as intimidation to scare. But he himself was not necessarily a Mandalorian. I think the origin of his chosen armor got conflated with his personal origin somewhere along the way.

The Empire Strikes Back sketchbook admittedly does not state point blank that Fett was a Mandalorian Supercommando, only that that was the original intention for his armor. You could even interpret those passages to indicate that George had considered having Mandalorian Supercommandos showing up in ESB (possibly as agents or soldiers of the Empire), discarded the idea, but then kept the armor design when needing looks for the bounty hunters that would appear on the Executor. It would certainly fit with George's practice of never fully discarding previous ideas.

But ever since pouring through that book for hours on end in 1980 I (rightly or wrongly) interpreted those little behind the scene blurbs as revealing that he had indeed been a supercommando from Mandalore before becoming a bounty hunter.

It would've been nice if there was a couple more armor swap outs and maybe another rifle or something to add variety and stuff. One thigh panel isn't all that great, but it's something I guess. I don't know if I'll get one though, not very necessary.

:lecture

This is how I've always understood it from the beginning. He was said to be wearing 'Mandalorian armour', but it was a mystery as to what a 'Mandalorian' was, or how he came to be wearing 'Mandalorian armour'.

There was a mystique about the character.

I love George and SW as much as all of you guys but Star Wars canon has become nothing but one contradiction and ret-con after another.

What's canon today may change before dinner time tonight.[...] I'm just at a point where I'm only here for the toys and a decent enough tv show and I have so much less stress with the fandom.

[...]

Yuuuup. George was always just making it up as he went along anyway. :lecture

Same. I don't remember where I first heard it described, but it was an explicit reference to him being mysterious and *wearing Mandalorian armour* ... like ... *fine Corinthian leather* or an *Italian suit*.

The Empire Strikes Back sketchbook admittedly does not state point blank that Fett was a Mandalorian Supercommando, only that that was the original intention for his armor. You could even interpret those passages [...]

Classic Khev. :rotfl

Boba Fett's original concept/design was of a super-soldier or super-stormtrooper of some kind, not a bounty hunter or a Mandalorian. (Or Italian).

I believe the colour they decided on was meant to illustrate a gray area between good guys and bad guys, or at least between Empire and Rebellion.

Back