Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the Droids, yeah.

Yep since Palpatine ordered the deactivation of all droid units immediately after Anakin slaughtered the Separatist leaders in ROTS that means the Mando flashbacks had to occur sometime between AOTC and ROTS.

The Mando who rescued Djarin was one of the coolest guys on the show IMO. He's how I always kind of pictured a young Boba Fett. Imagine if instead of Jango his stupid 10 year old kid George instead just had one little scene in the PT like the Mando flashbacks with a group of total badass Mandalorians fighting droids on either their home planet or another planet, the camera lingers on a 20 year old Fett, fully armored (no showing his face), he's blasting droids like a badass, rescuing his people, whatever, and then quietly flies away, never to be seen again on screen until ESB.

Last edited:
Not going to lie and say I didn't want this guy, it's just a little sad that the special reveal isn't the Armourer. As for the figure, a little generic like people said but he was kind of that way in the show. The Mandos that stood out in the show were the Armourer, Heavy Mando, and Din Djarin himself, all the rest were kind of generic looking. I still have to pinch myself that we're building up such a nice collection of Mandalorians and Clones, the best designs in Star Wars imo.

Definitely the only new stuff that interests me and I'll be picking this guy up. Although it's weird they'd give us swappable thigh armors but not the rest of the armor with different rankings. Maybe they'll do multiple releases like Deathtroopers?

And ditto on them needing to release The Armorer. Every other company's already either released or have PO's up for their iteration. What's Hot Toys waiting for?

This looks pretty cool, but not something I need. Love the show, but trying hard not to get into another HT figure line. And if I do, so far I'd just pick up a Beskar Mando figure and call it a day. Gotta try and just stick with my favorite OT (including RO) & PT (including TCW) era figures. :pray:

But pretty damn funny that we have more figures already from The Mandalorian than the beloved Rise of Palpatine... :rotfl

:chase

Yep since Palpatine ordered the deactivation of all droid units immediately after Anakin slaughtered the Separatist leaders in ROTS that means the Mando flashbacks had to occur sometime between AOTC and ROTS.

The Mando who rescued Djarin was one of the coolest guys on the show IMO. He's how I always kind of pictured a young Boba Fett. Imagine if instead of Jango his stupid 10 year old kid George instead just had one little scene in the PT like the Mando flashbacks with a group of total badass Mandalorians fighting droids on either their home planet or another planet, the camera lingers on a 20 year old Fett, fully armored (no showing his face), he's blasting droids like a badass, rescuing his people, whatever, and then quietly flies away, never to be seen again on screen until ESB.

Too bad Jango and Boba are not Mandalorians.

Definitely the only new stuff that interests me and I'll be picking this guy up. Although it's weird they'd give us swappable thigh armors but not the rest of the armor with different rankings. Maybe they'll do multiple releases like Deathtroopers?

And ditto on them needing to release The Armorer. Every other company's already either released or have PO's up for their iteration. What's Hot Toys waiting for?

Mando Monday's baby !!

https://www.starwars.com/mando-mondays

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 17.55.56.jpg

So I'm assuming this is the SW figure that Sideshow will be revealing in their booth today? When they teased it in their Day 1 tour I thought they mentioned it was from TCW but I may be mistaken...

So I'm assuming this is the SW figure that Sideshow will be revealing in their booth today? When they teased it in their Day 1 tour I thought they mentioned it was from TCW but I may be mistaken...

I'd like to say "no" to this question. But answer is most probably "yes".

edit : just saw as they panned around. Definitely the Death Watch figure there in the "mystery position".

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 18.32.43.jpg

It is, just caught a peek of it. And no, they said it was a Mandalorian figure at the start of Day 1.

Man I LOVE this! Will buy only one, though. I guess it wouldn?t be a real HT release without the FRIGGIN? SAND BASE!!!

sandicon.jpg

I was side-eyeing that sand base myself :lol

Speaking in general, I am wondering if this won't turn out to be someone important in Mando's life, and therefore not just a generic Deathwatch figure. We'll see!

I find his colorway exceptionally pleasing, and so he will most likely jet over here regardless.

Between Hot Toys revealing the figure online already and Sideshow having the thing visible in the background they?ve managed to make a meal out of this secret reveal thing. Still, I appreciate them focusing in on Black Canary?s butt for so long. Swings and roundabouts.

Back