Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool if that character did show back up, but it seems Mandalorians have a short life expectancy in the galaxy right now. Seemed the Navarro coven was quite worn down too, probably not many left from the previous generation. Would he be at odds with Him due to removing his helmet? I still think the heavy mando will return as a pseudo nemesis because Din removed his helmet.

Would be cool if that character did show back up, but it seems Mandalorians have a short life expectancy in the galaxy right now. Seemed the Navarro coven was quite worn down too, probably not many left from the previous generation. Would he be at odds with Him due to removing his helmet? I still think the heavy mando will return as a pseudo nemesis because Din removed his helmet.
That would be interesting since Heavy is voiced by Favereau and if the rumors are true he probably isn't too thrilled with Pedro.

Well, say Djarin is 45 in Mandalorian and 10 during the purge/attack. DWM was probably like 30 years old at time of attack, he would then be 65 in the Mandalorian.

So, seeing this guy in upcoming seasons as a clan leader of some sort isn’t too weird.

I wouldn't mind seeing them again but wasn't really expecting to either after the first season. The Armorer already seemed like she was the Clan Leader of that coven anyway. If anything, I can see them just re-using the armor again for whatever Troops are running with Bo-Katan's Resistance crew or whatever they're called.

It's a shame they had all the elements to make a Game of Thrones-like show with Mandalorians but went with a babysitting, guest of the week type show instead.

But yeah, release this guy already and open up PO's for Axe Woves and Koska already.

I feel like they did a lot of work to set something like this up. Pedro in the middle of a brawl for Mandalore between his cult that he has evolved away from and Bo-Katan. Half expecting for the Armorer to reappear.

The brawl wouldn’t be as interesting if Mando doesn’t go on a journey that challenges his worldview first.

Disney would never allow it get too bloody though.

I feel like they did a lot of work to set something like this up. Pedro in the middle of a brawl for Mandalore between his cult that he has evolved away from and Bo-Katan. Half expecting for the Armorer to reappear.

The brawl wouldn’t be as interesting if Mando doesn’t go on a journey that challenges his worldview first.

Disney would never allow it get too bloody though.

That's why I'm in a wait & see approach for season 3 until we see stuff. I love that they got him away from Grogu at the end of season 2 but I'm sure the higher execs at Disney are not trying to lose any Grogu money and want them two back together. I just don't see how Disney would want to completely switch gears on a show's obviously successful recipe third season.

But it's why I believe the rumors that season 3 will be the final season for Din. They'll let Favreau finish his story and can walk off into the sunset while Filoni gets to continue overseeing the Mandalorian canon with a new character, maybe Sabine? Who knows:dunno

That's why I'm in a wait & see approach for season 3 until we see stuff. I love that they got him away from Grogu at the end of season 2 but I'm sure the higher execs at Disney are not trying to lose any Grogu money and want them two back together. I just don't see how Disney would want to completely switch gears on a show's obviously successful recipe third season.

But it's why I believe the rumors that season 3 will be the final season for Din. They'll let Favreau finish his story and can walk off into the sunset while Filoni gets to continue overseeing the Mandalorian canon with a new character, maybe Sabine? Who knows:dunno
No way in hell Din isn’t reunited with Grogu by the end of Season 3

Din Djarin is the most popular character since Anakin/Vader. They shouldn’t let him go in just three seasons. Five seasons and I am satisfied. Need some more character development and see the adventures! As long as it won’t involve the sequels.

Din Djarin is the most popular character since Anakin/Vader. They shouldn’t let him go in just three seasons. Five seasons and I am satisfied. Need some more character development and see the adventures! As long as it won’t involve the sequels.
Yeah, they’re not ending his and Grogus story anything soon

No way in hell Din isn’t reunited with Grogu by the end of Season 3

It will definitely happen eventually but that is probably too soon. However there have been rumors that The Mandalorian could be cut short because of issues with Pascal. I think they should just fire him if necessary, he is probably the most replaceable lead of any super popular show in the history of entertainment.

I don’t believe those personal issues to be true but like I said before, I believe season 3 will be it for Din’s story. They’ve tied him to tightly to Grogu’s hip and they’ll leave their ending ambiguous so they can keep pumping out merch.

I don’t believe those personal issues to be true but like I said before, I believe season 3 will be it for Din’s story. They’ve tied him to tightly to Grogu’s hip and they’ll leave their ending ambiguous so they can keep pumping out merch.

Why would they end it at 3 seasons unless there are problems? It's the most popular thing in entertainment right now and all the past rumors indicated the show would last 5 or 6 seasons.

It will definitely happen eventually but that is probably too soon. However there have been rumors that The Mandalorian could be cut short because of issues with Pascal. I think they should just fire him if necessary, he is probably the most replaceable lead of any super popular show in the history of entertainment.
I really don’t buy those rumors, the sites that said them are crap. If somewhere like The Hollywood Reporter or Deadline said it then yeah, I’d believe it.

Why would they end it at 3 seasons unless there are problems? It's the most popular thing in entertainment right now and all the past rumors indicated the show would last 5 or 6 seasons.
Not sure if it’s the most popular thing since I ‘think’ the Marvel shows beat it out, but it’s by far the most merchandisable

Not sure if it’s the most popular thing since I ‘think’ the Marvel shows beat it out, but it’s by far the most merchandisable

Here is the only direct comparison I could find. As you can see The Mandalorian doubled the amount of viewership time despite having one less episode. Disney is not big on transparency these days.

The Mandalorian
As Nielsen did not begin tracking streaming viewership until 2020, the first-ever live-action Star Wars series starts with a leg up on its competition with nine total episodes available following the Season 2 premiere.

The Mandalorian Viewership
Nielsen Data Nielsen
Debuting Oct. 30, The Mandalorian recorded 1.032 billion minutes watched in Season 2’s “opening week” (which Nielsen measured as Oct. 26-Oct. 30). With episodes running between 32-54 minutes, The Mandalorian earned 8.38 billion total minutes of viewership throughout Season 2’s eight-week run. In that span, the series averaged 1.04 billion minutes-watched per week.

Season 2 undoubtedly benefitted from the first live-action introductions of beloved animated characters such as Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) and Bo-Katan (Katee Sackhoff). Spoiler Alert: Luke Skywalker’s explosive cameo in the Season 2 finale was also likely responsible for a season-best 1.336 billion minutes watched.

WandaVision
WandaVision‘s nine episode first season ranged between 29 and 49 minutes per episode. The series premiered on Disney+ Jan. 15 with two episodes (67 minutes total), collecting 434 million minutes-watched in its “opening week” (Jan. 11-Jan. 17). It’s worth noting that the show’s early experimental episodes all in black-and-white were not the most commercial offering in the streaming era. This may have contributed to a sub 400-million minute total in week two.

WandaVision Viewership
Nielsen Data Nielsen
Overall, WandaVision earned 4.8 billion minutes-watched over its nine-episode, eight-week run. This includes a weekly average of 600 million minutes-watched. Starting with Episode 5, WandaVision saw weekly increases in minutes-watched, likely thanks to the increasing theory-driven narrative that drove social conversation in a way few shows have in recent years. It concluded with a series-best 924 million minutes watched in its final week.

Here is the only direct comparison I could find. As you can see The Mandalorian doubled the amount of viewership time despite having one less episode. Disney is not big on transparency these days.

The Mandalorian
As Nielsen did not begin tracking streaming viewership until 2020, the first-ever live-action Star Wars series starts with a leg up on its competition with nine total episodes available following the Season 2 premiere.

The Mandalorian Viewership
Nielsen Data Nielsen
Debuting Oct. 30, The Mandalorian recorded 1.032 billion minutes watched in Season 2’s “opening week” (which Nielsen measured as Oct. 26-Oct. 30). With episodes running between 32-54 minutes, The Mandalorian earned 8.38 billion total minutes of viewership throughout Season 2’s eight-week run. In that span, the series averaged 1.04 billion minutes-watched per week.

Season 2 undoubtedly benefitted from the first live-action introductions of beloved animated characters such as Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) and Bo-Katan (Katee Sackhoff). Spoiler Alert: Luke Skywalker’s explosive cameo in the Season 2 finale was also likely responsible for a season-best 1.336 billion minutes watched.

WandaVision
WandaVision‘s nine episode first season ranged between 29 and 49 minutes per episode. The series premiered on Disney+ Jan. 15 with two episodes (67 minutes total), collecting 434 million minutes-watched in its “opening week” (Jan. 11-Jan. 17). It’s worth noting that the show’s early experimental episodes all in black-and-white were not the most commercial offering in the streaming era. This may have contributed to a sub 400-million minute total in week two.

WandaVision Viewership
Nielsen Data Nielsen
Overall, WandaVision earned 4.8 billion minutes-watched over its nine-episode, eight-week run. This includes a weekly average of 600 million minutes-watched. Starting with Episode 5, WandaVision saw weekly increases in minutes-watched, likely thanks to the increasing theory-driven narrative that drove social conversation in a way few shows have in recent years. It concluded with a series-best 924 million minutes watched in its final week.
Wow, didn’t know that. I was going off the premieres, which had WV, TFATWS, and Loki all have bigger premieres than Mando season 2

Because maybe with all the shows they have in the pipeline, they wanna focus on other stories? Like I said, this show is so handcuffed to the formula with Din being a babysitter to Grogu. They’d either have to revamp the premise of the show or just wrap it up ambiguously so they can continue to sell Din and Grogu toys.

And even if the rumors that Pedro’s being difficult aren’t true, who’s to say he wants to continue doing the show for that long? The guy’s one of the hottest actors out there and seems to have no issues getting roles. It’s not out the question for him to want to take a break from Star Wars. Not saying these are actual reasons, but saying this show will definitely be 4-6+ seasons is getting a little ahead of ourselves.

Because maybe with all the shows they have in the pipeline, they wanna focus on other stories? Like I said, this show is so handcuffed to the formula with Din being a babysitter to Grogu. They’d either have to revamp the premise of the show or just wrap it up ambiguously so they can continue to sell Din and Grogu toys.

And even if the rumors that Pedro’s being difficult aren’t true, who’s to say he wants to continue doing the show for that long? The guy’s one of the hottest actors out there and seems to have no issues getting roles. It’s not out the question for him to want to take a break from Star Wars. Not saying these are actual reasons, but saying this show will definitely be 4-6+ seasons is getting a little ahead of ourselves.

But again based on the premise of the show, Pascal is extremely replaceable. They would have no problem going on without him. I would also add that Din doesn't have to be a perpetual babysitter now that Grogu is in the capable hands of Luke Skywalker. Din's role/purpose on the show could change dramatically.

But again based on the premise of the show, Pascal is extremely replaceable. They would have no problem going on without him.

I’ve always agreed with people who said while Pedro can’t be replaced as Din Djarin, the Mandalorian is just a title and the show can continue with another character easily. Free of any babysitting handcuffs.

Din's role/purpose on the show could change dramatically.
I hope so. I'm all for Grogu, but the show has a lot more to offer, and safely can do so now while wrapping the Grogu stuff with plenty of possibilty for a return. I mean, really, we have to HOPE Grogu and Mando reunite. Certainly don't want Grogu there when Ben Solo makes his exit.

I’ve always agreed with people who said while Pedro can’t be replaced as Din Djarin, the Mandalorian is just a title and the show can continue with another character easily. Free of any babysitting handcuffs.

Why can't Din continue with a different actor playing him? Pascal does nothing that another qualified actor couldn't do. At least half the show is already acted out with stunt guys. Use a similar voice and all problems are solved.

Back