Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing Sideshow may have exclusive rights for their NY Con week. It's not billed as a SS exclusive, so I can't think of another reason...

After reading his details, it seems like this was the guy who picks up young Din. So he’s probably the officer in charge judging by his rants and they’ll drop the other grunts.

After reading his details, it seems like this was the guy who picks up young Din. So he?s probably the officer in charge judging by his rants and they?ll drop the other grunts.

No guarantees on that. I get that this is a hot property with faceless troopers but HT ignored Shoretrooper and Mudtrooper variants, and passed on Tank Trooper entirely.

I just don?t trust ?em. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have been said already but welcome to HT's new Iron Man cash machine, Mandalorian-inspired figures and variations. Ka-ching!

I'm more intrigued by the prospect of seeing an HT Super Battle Droid.

Congrats to those that are jumping on this train. I want to see the second season of the show before I jump on any more figures from it.
I hope I'm wrong but as has been said often in the SW universe...I have a bad feeling about this. Too many new side characters from SW cartoons may push Mando off to the side and sink the show after a first great season. Let me be mistaken, but I don't want a bunch of expensive figures from an overcooked lump of fan service like TROS ended up being.

You are far from alone in being very worried about the impact of adding half the casts of Clone Wars and Rebels to our little show about a bounty hunter and his most unexpected but adorable little ward. Not gonna lie...... I dont want any of these people in it. They will take attention away from our main characters. Ahsoka already has her own show, seven seasons of it. Why do we need her here, go the hell away!!

With that said, I am very likely to pick up Deathwatch here, I just like the way he looks. I can always cancel later should I need to. At least.... at least he is a new character, and not someone shoehorned into this show whether he belongs there or not. STG if I see Ezra Bridger in this I will probly stop watching.

Probably.

Knew going into this line couldn't afford everything *shrug*. IMO a cool fig, but pretty thin too - no like u are getting 2-pack. That kind of money could go towards Heavy Gunner or an SSC gift card for the future Cara or Moff.:monkey3

HT should have blown everyone away with a blurrg and Kuiil at least. Maybe HT is holding back for the holiday season:dunno

Theyre not. One thing I have noticed with HT is that they always use the path of least resistance. They already have that Fett helmet sculpt, so we will get people who can use that as opposed to a new sculpt like Cara. Characters like that are a lot more expensive to make than someone wearing a bucket.

And isnt it convenient that Mandos use armor that has been passed down through the generations! Now we dont even have to worry about upgrading the armor much, a given armor piece might well be 300 years old. CONVENIENT eh?

You are far from alone in being very worried about the impact of adding half the casts of Clone Wars and Rebels to our little show about a bounty hunter and his most unexpected but adorable little ward. Not gonna lie...... I dont want any of these people in it. They will take attention away from our main characters. Ahsoka already has her own show, seven seasons of it. Why do we need her here, go the hell away!!

With that said, I am very likely to pick up Deathwatch here, I just like the way he looks. I can always cancel later should I need to. At least.... at least he is a new character, and not someone shoehorned into this show whether he belongs there or not. STG if I see Ezra Bridger in this I will probly stop watching.

Probably.

I?m with you. I loved the idea of new stories and characters. The work they did with Kuill, Cara and Greef was terrific, economical story telling that opened the world up while still linking it to the larger story. It allowed them to have fun diversions like the prison ship episode. I hope it doesn?t get bogged down with having to fit into seasons of other shows I haven?t watched!
I haven?t completely lost faith in Favreau and Filoni, but I?m approaching S2 with just a bit of trepidation. I hope to be pleasantly surprised like I was with S1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of course I?ll watch and see what happens, but I?ve never had faith in Filoni.

His take on Star Wars is squarely aimed at children, it?s convoluted and overwrought, leaning very hard into pure fantasy and over-explaining the Force, amongst other things. Space whales and planets with dysfunctional fairytale Force families?

That?s all a question of personal taste. I know a lot of fans love it and Filoni is often hailed as the Second Coming of Star Wars, but having watched The Clone Wars and Rebels, neither of which were without merit but both of which suffered from what I see as his heavy and cheeseball hand, I?m not confident about Season 2. :lol

Worst case, the media?s not for me and I tune out. It is what it is.

His take on Star Wars is squarely aimed at children, it?s convoluted and overwrought, leaning very hard into pure fantasy and over-explaining the Force, amongst other things. Space whales and planets with dysfunctional fairytale Force families?

That?s all a question of personal taste. I know a lot of fans love it and Filoni is often hailed as the Second Coming of Star Wars, but having watched The Clone Wars and Rebels, neither of which were without merit but both of which suffered from what I see as his heavy and cheeseball hand, I?m not confident about Season 2. :lol

I like your take. But it is a fine line they need to take. In the sense they need to appeal to kids, but also be suitable at the older fans. I always thought The Mandalorian was aimed at the adult fans. So I expect that to continue. Sure it's still disney, so there's not going to be extreme gore etc. But still it's got to be better than cartoons.

Don't forget though that it's Faverau writing. It's not all Filoni. I get it that Filoni is rumoured to take on other projects spring boarding from this S2 Mando. But hopefully he's learnt and grown more from these 2 years to also be able to safely do grown up stuff too. Not just kids stuff.

I just hope they get away from the Saturday morning 30min runtime. Give me 45min minimum per episode !

I like your take. But it is a fine line they need to take. In the sense they need to appeal to kids, but also be suitable at the older fans. I always thought The Mandalorian was aimed at the adult fans. So I expect that to continue. Sure it's still disney, so there's not going to be extreme gore etc. But still it's got to be better than cartoons.

This is what I?m hoping. In spite of the mass violence Star Wars has always been bloodless and naive; I really enjoyed Rogue One but the Zero Dark Thirty vibe is very out of place. So I?m fine with a naive Flash Gordon vibe where you don?t overthink it.

Don't forget though that it's Faverau writing. It's not all Filoni. I get it that Filoni is rumoured to take on other projects spring boarding from this S2 Mando. But hopefully he's learnt and grown more from these 2 years to also be able to safely do grown up stuff too. Not just kids stuff.

I just hope they get away from the Saturday morning 30min runtime. Give me 45min minimum per episode !

Therein lies the hope. I would have preferred they leave the characters from other media out of this, but that?s asking too much, so I?ll settle for Faverau keeping them reigned in.

We?ll start to find out in 20 days...

Therein lies the hope. I would have preferred they leave the characters from other media out of this, but that?s asking too much, so I?ll settle for Faverau keeping them reigned in.

We?ll start to find out in 20 days...

**** really, is it only in 20 days. I had been perhaps purposely not looking, but damn that's a lot closer than I had in my mind.

Operation "No countdown to Mando S2" was successful then !!

But, I saw the variations - for lack of a better word - as a writer knowing he had plenty of time to work with. E.g., you could drift into funny light stories about the droids, have Ezra and Zeb have a bonding episode, and so on. My entry into Clone Wars and Rebels is pretty recent; still surprised at the quality of the writing and character development. Heck, I was more at the edge of my seat over some of the Clone Wars and Rebels stuff - and Mandalorian for that matter - than anything in TROS. Like I don't usually do villains on the shelf but would be all over a Grand Inquisitor.

I?m with you. I loved the idea of new stories and characters. The work they did with Kuill, Cara and Greef was terrific, economical story telling that opened the world up while still linking it to the larger story. It allowed them to have fun diversions like the prison ship episode. I hope it doesn?t get bogged down with having to fit into seasons of other shows I haven?t watched!
I haven?t completely lost faith in Favreau and Filoni, but I?m approaching S2 with just a bit of trepidation. I hope to be pleasantly surprised like I was with S1.

Yeah. Cameos are one thing - and even reasonable, like Din D'jarin crossing paths with Boba Fett, or Sabine Wren. But for gawd's sake don't ruin this with fan service stuffing. Anyway, there ARE folks like my bro who haven't watched Clone Wars/Rebels. Trying to convince him they are worth a look, but took me a while to get to them too.

**** really, is it only in 20 days. I had been perhaps purposely not looking, but damn that's a lot closer than I had in my mind.

Doing my d@mndest to ignore. But that path led me astray. I was bored and checked out Inhumans on D+:slap - IMO deserves every negative thing ever said and is one of my top 10 Worst. Thing. Ever. Put. On. Screen. So bad it should be used for cruel and unusual punishment.:horror:horror:horror

Doing my d@mndest to ignore. But that path led me astray. I was bored and checked out Inhumans on D+:slap - IMO deserves every negative thing ever said and is one of my top 10 Worst. Thing. Ever. Put. On. Screen. So bad it should be used for cruel and unusual punishment.:horror:horror:horror

Have you watched The Boys ? That is awesome ! Highly recommended. S2 just finished.

So the left thigh armor plate on this is the same as the one for the beskar Mando but it appears to be bigger. I do hope the do the same for Mando as I always thought that the one in the proto pics was too small.

Pretty strange that Sideshow seems to still be the only mainstream dealer selling this non exclusive figure...

Sideshow and Disney are apparently trying a new approach. Other retailers will get their chance later. Funny how Jango didn’t have that same restriction.

I want to order this guy, the color scheme IS exquisite. But i just keep seeing a table lamp between two shoulders. The neck seems way too long. I'm not averse to modding my figures, but necks can be a pain in the... Neck.

I was always planning on getting multiple of this guy to put on each side of the version 1 Din figure. So I hope they held back on interchangeable armor rank markings because they're gonna make the other variants. Please don't be a one and done like the Shoretrooper.

Back