Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see someone who missed that new Supergirl sculpt.

When you go look, make sure to look through a piece of smoked glass to shield yourself from the glare.
🤣 or if we’re just talking released figures, certainly Doc Ock takes the cake (the Doc Browns weren’t great, either). And I’d say this is a way better Timothy Olyphant than Ahsoka was a Rosario Dawson.

Glad I skipped, it was too expensive and the proto didn’t impress me, nor the final product. The recent figures from Ahsoka show are all clearly cheaper (and it’s about 18 months of inflation later) and while the show was terrible the figures look very good at proto stage. I think the quality of other firms, especially inart, put the frighteners on HT and their pricing. Or maybe sales were dwindling anyway.

This is Chuck Norris in Boba Fett armour.

Last edited:
I see someone who missed that new Supergirl sculpt.

When you go look, make sure to look through a piece of smoked glass to shield yourself from the glare.
To be fair, that was just an announcement and not a release. HT also updated the Supergirl sculpt recently.

I'm just guessing but that type of detailed shirt texture is probably difficult to achieve in 1/6 scale. As far as design compromises go that one doesn't bother me.

I don't quite buy that. With all the leaps forward in textured fabric printing (that HT themselves have contributed to on just about every Marvel & DC figure) I think it's more than possible. I just think the R&D budget on this was not supportive for any real effort. While the shirt is not a deal breaker, the detailed texture is an obvious miss. We're talking a figure here that features a lot of re-use here. A basic slim body. Fett's distressed armor. Shand's booze bottle. Moff G's gloves.

It would've helped justify the steep price if more effort like the shirt had been done. Heck, one of the selling points of the figure is the display options created by removing the armor and featuring the shirt and scarf.

405336115_10161465601428648_6887628310120766132_n.jpg

They can 100% do it, they just decided not to
I don't quite buy that. With all the leaps forward in textured fabric printing (that HT themselves have contributed to on just about every Marvel & DC figure) I think it's more than possible. I just think the R&D budget on this was not supportive for any real effort. While the shirt is not a deal breaker, the detailed texture is an obvious miss. We're talking a figure here that features a lot of re-use here. A basic slim body. Fett's distressed armor. Shand's booze bottle. Moff G's gloves.

It would've helped justify the steep price if more effort like the shirt had been done. Heck, one of the selling points of the figure is the display options created by removing the armor and featuring the shirt and scarf.
A valid point but it's possible HT rejected fabric printing for another reason. That pattern is unusual in that it's a raised, sewn-in pattern (unlike say, the paisley pattern of the new Logan release). Perhaps printing it on resulted in a shirt that was too stiff and didn't hang loose enough to (a) provide adequate articulation and (b) replicate Cobb's/TO's lanky, relaxed look? I guess we'll never know. And while it's not as evident as on the shirt TO wore, HT did go to the effort of giving the shirt a pattern. It's subtle, but it's there.

CV2.jpg

I'm fairly happy without having him in hand...ordered from Popcultcha so dunno when he'll show up.

Good ole' Reagan delivered with that review. Love how he puts a figure through the paces (he even thought he broke it, but it turned out it was rachet joints). It was also great that he showed how to remove the armor and then futzed and struck some good poses.

I'm sold on it. It's the last Mando-related figure I'm picking up. And the last Disney SW figure.
Unless something from Andor were to drop. (insert laughter here)

Good ole' Reagan delivered with that review. Love how he puts a figure through the paces (he even thought he broke it, but it turned out it was rachet joints). It was also great that he showed how to remove the armor and then futzed and struck some good poses.

I'm sold on it. It's the last Mando-related figure I'm picking up. And the last Disney SW figure.
Unless something from Andor were to drop. (insert laughter here)
Yeah I didn’t get a good sense of the shirt until watching his video; almost seems like a velvet material? Can’t think of another six scale figure with anything like it.

(Side note but I spotted Reagan at NYCC this year and introduced myself and chatted for a bit).

Back