Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopped on the waitlist for this guy just in case. Thought I had him PO'd until I looked at my orders at AEC and realized I didn't :slap

Kinda crazy how this is now waitlist also. So many were complaining that the sculpt was off and even saw one where someone cried about Boba's armor being included. Lmao

Anybody with a payment plan know when their final payment’s due? Sideshow still has it under this month to Dec. Hope it comes out in HK within the next few weeks. I’d like to move on from Mando season 2 characters already.

I honestly hope those ugly things won't be the future. I hope it'll be a fad right now, before they return to the regular bases.
Nah, I'm just gonna make my own....

1696756021001.jpeg

This one seems to be off the radar - and sold out - but I had some Popcultcha pennies to take the sting out. I really liked this character in Mando *warm fuzzies* but blew off ordering 'coz I thought that was a bit high $$$$.:eek:

So Popcultcha has a preorder deal of 278$ which won't help much - my shipping International standard was around $25. Unless you have a coupon etc. Pop is giving an ETA of Dec 2023 but with China seeming to have economic issues and turmoil, we'll see.

I liked Cobb's "opening to the series" look. I figure the character may make a reappearance but I'm less enthused about future robotic arms/eyeballs or whatever might come out of that bacta tank, for myself:horror. Guess those mods spoiled that kind of thing tho I do like the yellow haired Rasta guy. :lol

Completely forgot about Justified honestly.

This guy was on my "hope he becomes in-stock somewhere" so I can pick him up after release.

Skeptical as I’ve not heard anything but fingers crossed.
I can wait, am sure Popcultcha won't get him in as fast as SSC. Maybe.

Then I hate getting stuff shipped around the holidays, I try to avoid that as I think there are more odds of losing
stuff or outright theft. So I'd be good if he shows up in January.

But yeah, with Cobb, and hopefully one day "Fighting Space Woman" from some 3rd party, my S1/2 collection will be done. Along with Fennec he will add a color pop on the shelf. And the character has loads of charisma.

Vanth aint coming out of that bacta tank.

Remembering that time in a Stephen Baxter novel when a crazy guy driving a tender along the spine of a ship currently in warp drive, purposefully drove the tender through the ring-shaped device that held the wormhole open for the ships passage. This threw the ship out of warp, almost destroying it and trapping him forever in the moment that he broke through. Forever falling and on fire, I think. His universe was condensed to one horrible moment.

So Vanth is in the tank, and smart money says Lucasfilm will leave him there. Forever.

Vanth aint coming out of that bacta tank.

Remembering that time in a Stephen Baxter novel when a crazy guy driving a tender along the spine of a ship currently in warp drive, purposefully drove the tender through the ring-shaped device that held the wormhole open for the ships passage. This threw the ship out of warp, almost destroying it and trapping him forever in the moment that he broke through. Forever falling and on fire, I think. His universe was condensed to one horrible moment.

So Vanth is in the tank, and smart money says Lucasfilm will leave him there. Forever.
I'll take that bet, 'coz with Hollywood/Disney sinking faster than those dubious tacos you ate from that "authentic" stand in a 6 for 5$ deal,
nothing sells faster than a mashup movie. Heck, even Justice League did over half a million global at the box office.
You've got Mando fans, OT fans hoping "Luke" will show up to kick butt, etc.

All roads lead to defeating the big bad Thrawn. Who is even bigger now that the witches seem to be serving him regular courses of fettucine alfredo. :monkey3

I just want this "regular" Cobb Vanth before he pops out of that aquarium with a cybernetics. He even gets a special base - not the infamous footprints in the sand, or that cheap card base, but an actual scene base😁. Plus, he needs to meet Boba so they can do the trope frenemy thing. :monkey3 And Luke needs to meet Ezra so Twitter can speculate whether Kylo offed Ezra or Ezra is a Knight of Ren, etc.😁

Looks like this will be my last Mando figure, thank god.
I still need the 3rd party "Fighting Space Woman with Wepuns". :monkey3 Anything past that - well, IMO, it's harder to do anything cooler with Mando than they already did, design wise. Maybe.

Last edited:
Not their best sculpt but pretty close to the prototype. Retail is a bit steep for me to bite so i'll be on the look out for a potential deal in the coming weeks in HK.

Back