Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Baseline" implies the minimum price to be expected for a figure with a headsculpt. You're right that there are several already at $300, but most of those are thankfully still deluxes of sorts with rolling eyes, fancy diorama bases, etc. No good excuses for Mighty Thor, Thor and Toby Spider-Man though - they're just straight-up overpriced. Every new figure does not start at $300 - yet.
We can semantics our way into a temporary denial but the day is fast approaching where even $300 will seem like a bargain. It’s inevitable. I specifically chose the non-deluxe versions of all those above. To get the nice dioramas, you pay wayyy more.

InArt may be partly responsible for for HT upping their diorama base game and including rolling eyes more often, which will only make both more prevalent to the point they become the standard.
At least that would somewhat justify price hikes and make it more bearable. I do love a compact diorama/slice of a scene base as someone here acutely described Cobb’s.

HT are smart enough to not push their luck with the Disney+ D listers yet and troopers and droids without head-sculpts should also be safe from the $300 price tag for a fair while- unless they’re diecast… but main characters played by popular actors- time to cough up the cash.

We can semantics our way into a temporary denial but the day is fast approaching where even $300 will seem like a bargain. It’s inevitable. I specifically chose the non-deluxe versions of all those above. To get the nice dioramas, you pay wayyy more.

InArt may be partly responsible for for HT upping their diorama base game and including rolling eyes more often, which will only make both more prevalent to the point they become the standard.
At least that would somewhat justify price hikes and make it more bearable. I do love a compact diorama/slice of a scene base as someone here acutely described Cobb’s.

HT are smart enough to not push their luck with the Disney+ D listers yet and troopers and droids without head-sculpts should also be safe from the $300 price tag for a fair while- unless they’re diecast… but main characters played by popular actors- time to cough up the cash.
I totally agree that Hot Toys prices stuff not based on cost to produce + a predetermined profit margin - but rather how bad they think people want it. I do not love that about them.

The figure doesn't have Olyphant's impossible small waistline but the bigger issue is his head's about 6 or 7% undersized - which makes the whole body look larger than it should. Since we know they 3D modeled this sculpt, sure would be nice if they'd scale it up slightly before making the mold.
View attachment 600882
Idk, this head edit is way too big imo. Hot Toys got it just about right
1664900510683.png

5B84A45B-2822-4C83-9747-2FEF63692BD0.jpeg

A little head increase wouldn’t hurt- no one’s ever complained about getting more head- and his beard is a bit too thick, opaque and sexy-Santa-esque.

HT’s Boba helmet is also quite on the large side compared to what Olyphant wore in the show.
If we scale to the helmets…
BFC75330-E383-436B-9405-2F654D2004A5.jpeg

The more I look at this, the more I prefer his look out of the armour.

Definitely, nobody has EVER complained about more head. Hot Toys, give me more head!

I agree in all seriousness though, just a touch bigger would be perfect. But with that being said, i get the impression that the positioning and bulk size of the bandanna wrapped around his neck will make the head seem bigger / smaller.

Hot Toys has confirmed the armor is removable!
3edb4e88-d1df-49f4-b130-06abcccb55c1-jpeg.600833

3294af5f-1772-4070-a49d-cee6596d63ec-jpeg.600832

View attachment 600832View attachment 600833
Love the all red look, lends itself well for when he gets his "Mod" shooting arm. After he comes out of the bionic repair station.
Hopefully they made the arm removable so we can just buy his critical assignment mod arm pack separately.
New Cob Vanth will likley have a new Mod shoulder socket and removable "Quick-Draw-Mod" arm update, :lol
They should release him as is - and then a separate accessory pack for those that want the Mod Vanth update (or not) :rotfl

65x97d.jpg
The Deluxe Bionic Transport Repair Station I mean BACTA Tank MOD Repair Station will be available in 1975
65xart.gif

65yta1.gif
:lol

And when he gets shot in the leg next season...

View attachment 601232
LOL, if they keep Rodriguez on, it's where we're going.
No nuance, he'll straight have a scifi-machine-gun for an arm.:LOL:

Last edited:
Where do you see that it's low stock? I don't see it, but since they reformatted the page, I'm not sure where to see that anymore :LOL:
Lol. The new design is terrible but in this case you don’t see it because Sideshow decided they actually had plenty of stock after getting my money secured 😛

But for future reference, it appears below the pre-order button. I wish they’d indicate it in some way on our wish list pages so I could see at a glance if any figures I have my eye on are at risk of selling out.

E5D05E07-6C2E-4D87-87C6-0BBEFFBD6B27.jpeg

He is absolutely overpriced and I absolutely pre-ordered him anyway.
...and this is why I am still on these boards. It can't be ridiculous for me to do this if other people do it to! I'm a sucker for anything Boba Fett related but also loved Justified and Deadwood so this was a can't miss for me!

...and this is why I am still on these boards. It can't be ridiculous for me to do this if other people do it to! I'm a sucker for anything Boba Fett related but also loved Justified and Deadwood so this was a can't miss for me!
Lol, yeah. I loved the character and told myself if Hot Toys made a figure of him that included a good sculpt it’d be a must-have for me. Being $20~ more than he should be doesn’t seem worth risking not being able to get him at retail price.

I try to hold out on pre-orders in the event any future coupons I get from other purchases may work on them, but once a figure goes Waitlist they’ll never be eligible for coupons anyhow.

Back