Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg

So they're actually using digital sculpts now? That might be a first for HT.
Surely they've been doing that for a while now ??

More concerning is that HT are needing to reach out to independants.

To really go to speculation town, perhaps that is one of HT's issues. They are transitioning to digital sculpts and existing sculptors don't have the digital skills, so are leaving as their job is limited. Finding new digital sculptors to work for them on payroll is perhaps not so feasible ??

Who knows maybe they are simply reaching out to independant artists to save time. If so they should have done this years ago !!

it seems to be getting that way for a lot of us. From what I hear on the board, it's the OGs more than the newer guys
Yep when you were used to seeing figures selling for sub 200, then 200, then 250, now 300 it's getting a bit much.

Sure inflation, energy costs etc etc. but this guy should be 260 tops !! Pre-orders for this guy will be really low.

The more I look at this the more action figurey it looks, they've been doing well with making figures look like an actual small man in costume; but this aint it.

Thanks for the real pics Asta.

I still can't un-see that pin-head and giraffe neck....
In those pics I think the pin-head effect is partly due to how far the shoulder armor pieces flare out horizontally. It's not his armor so it should be ill-fitting on him, but even so on the show it looked much more streamlined than on this prototype. Hopefully they tighten things up a bit on the actual release.

408971-EF2FB256-E957-4257-B833-533A95C0502F.jpeg

I agree about the giraffe neck, but that can be fixed in-hand if HT doesn't do so for the production release.

p.s - Apparently they waited until BoBF to put all the belt loops on his pants. :lol

im surprised to see mixed reviews on the figure itself, in my opinion it looks incredible.

i think it would’ve been better received if it wasn't for the discrepancy between the price and how much it comes with. throw in a few more accessories and give it a $270 - $285 price tag like koska / bo katan and you have a perfect release.

it seems to be getting that way for a lot of us. From what I hear on the board, it's the OGs more than the newer guys

I've noticed that too. I think that there are also a lot of speculators that have seen a number of figures go up in resale value, after some time, and they believe that they can stay in the hobby by flipping some of these.

I've said it before, but there comes a price-point where I would rather put the money into something else, if not just save it. I think that Hot Toys has reached that point.

im surprised to see mixed reviews on the figure itself, in my opinion it looks incredible.

i think it would’ve been better received if it wasn't for the discrepancy between the price and how much it comes with. throw in a few more accessories and give it a $270 - $285 price tag like koska / bo katan and you have a perfect release.
It's amazing in my opinion.
I'm not in the market for it, but it's a great looking figure, with some small(Easily fixed) issues aside.

Yeah, a lot of the smoke this figure's getting is from the $300 pricetag. This would've happened no matter what figure had that unfortunate honor.

But other than that, I think it looks great and the good part about this being the "last" figure from Mando season 2/BoBF, it allows me to use up all of my RP's I'll be getting from the few Boba's, Cad Bane, and the 3 Nite Owls still coming out.

Yeah, a lot of the smoke this figure's getting is from the $300 pricetag. This would've happened no matter what figure had that unfortunate honor.

But other than that, I think it looks great and the good part about this being the "last" figure from Mando season 2/BoBF, it allows me to use up all of my RP's I'll be getting from the few Boba's, Cad Bane, and the 3 Nite Owls still coming out.
At these prices it might be one of my last figures, period.

I'll definitely be a lot more picky going forward. That said, Disney seems to be making my choices of must have characters a LOT easier :p

Back