Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing it written out like this really shows how absolutely ridiculous Palpatine's comeback is... :slap
Can't beat Isaac's delivery of the line.
somehow-idk.gif

confused-mark-wahlberg.gif

I do expect some juicy tidbits to come out about this show about unhappiness and/or studio interfering eventually. Or at least for the Boba half of the show. You can tell Mando filming is a well oiled machine with everyone involved:lol
Right? It'll likely be a sequel trilogy situation where over the years we'll hear little bits of whose genius idea everything was and how rushed or whatever they were.

I know they wrote themselves into a corner a bit with Din Djarin since he is what a lot expected out of a Boba Fett movie or show, but I think there was still room for a cold calculating Fett.

With Fett working for the empire they really should have left him more as a morally grey kinda dude in contrast to Mando's good streak. It seemed like this was the original plan given how he threatened to have grogu killed in Mando season 2, but something along the way definitely got ****** up in translation to his own show.

Right? It'll likely be a sequel trilogy situation where over the years we'll hear little bits of whose genius idea everything was and how rushed or whatever they were.

I know they wrote themselves into a corner a bit with Din Djarin since he is what a lot expected out of a Boba Fett movie or show, but I think there was still room for a cold calculating Fett.

With Fett working for the empire they really should have left him more as a morally grey kinda dude in contrast to Mando's good streak. It seemed like this was the original plan given how he threatened to have grogu killed in Mando season 2, but something along the way definitely got ****** up in translation to his own show.

In translation? You mean kinda like how the Disney Star Wars wing of the park went from being Mos Eisley Cantina and OT based to whatever Galaxy's Edge became?

I'm not specifically trying to give you a hard time but people are way too soft and charitable when describing how these takeovers have occurred whether it's a character, a theme park, or what have you. It doesn't just accidentally happen.

In translation? You mean kinda like how the Disney Star Wars wing of the park went from being Mos Eisley Cantina and OT based to whatever Galaxy's Edge became?

I'm not specifically trying to give you a hard time but people are way too soft and charitable when describing how these takeovers have occurred whether it's a character, a theme park, or what have you. It doesn't just accidentally happen.

Oh I'm sure there's some meddling going on as I said in my comment. I just find this particular instance interesting since it isn't even consistent with Disney star wars.

Seeing all the legacy characters dragged in the sequel trilogy was one thing, but damn at least Boba was bad ass when he reclaimed the armor in mando season 2. Nevermind not being recognizable to the OT character or comics or books or whatever. He isn't recognizable as the same character from the show that preceded this one :lol

I mean, Kylo literally articulated their business plan when he said "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.". They're working on it, with a brief resurrection of the Luke we wanted in Mando, but knowing that it'll eventually lead to the Luke we got in the ST... So somehow they'll manage to make the destruction of Luke even worse by lifting up the current Mando Luke. "Double the pride, Double the fall" (or whatever Dooku said to Anakin).

I mean, Kylo literally articulated their business plan when he said "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.". They're working on it, with a brief resurrection of the Luke we wanted in Mando, but knowing that it'll eventually lead to the Luke we got in the ST... So somehow they'll manage to make the destruction of Luke even worse by lifting up the current Mando Luke. "Double the pride, Double the fall" (or whatever Dooku said to Anakin).
good-twice.gif

In watching the duel scene, I think they made it a point of having Cobb distracted by the bumbling deputy and thus not being ready to shoot.

I almost expected bane to wink at the deputy and that setting off the whole thing...

View attachment 561053
You think they were going for more of a Tombstone homage? I thought they were paying tribute to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly personally. But this is a pretty cool thought as well.

You think they were going for more of a Tombstone homage? I thought they were paying tribute to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly personally. But this is a pretty cool thought as well.
It also reminded me of the opening scene in Once Upon a Time in the West. Love that scene, by the way. I generally don't rewatch Disney Star Wars stuff, but have watched that one scene several times. Both the way blue alien dude comes off, and Olyphant's terrific acting make it so good. Enjoying it until they inevitably Boba Fett-ify the alien dude.

Olyphant's terrific acting
I genuinely hope there's something bigger in the works for Olyphant. Whether he becomes Din's sidekick/running mate in season 3, or gets his own show, or whatever they want to do, the guy both needs and deserves more screen time. He's been fantastic in his limited appearances so far.

I like the character a lot, and I love the job the actor has done. I want more. I hope we get more. We're not there yet but I would say he could be a top three character in the Disney era if they build him up more. Cobb Vanth has that kind of potential.

And for what it's worth, I think Din Djarin, Director Krennic and Ahsoka Tano are the top 3 Disney era characters. Easily think Cobb Vanth could climb up if they run with the character.

Back