Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that’s the biggest reason I’m expecting drama to leak. Everything going on about this show just reminds me of TLJ all over again. I’m still hopeful this finale will at least satisfy a majority of us who’ve been hard on this show.

But that’s the last I’ll say about the show in here. I’m hoping for a Cobb Vanth announcement this week.

'Think it through.'
20220206_160404.gif

Last edited:
Watched that episode today.

I can't believe it took me so long to get into the series. When it came out I tried the first episode and didn't think much of it. The setting seemed a bit grim and the accents grated. Then almost twelve years later I decided to give it another go, and it gradually grew on me to the point that I couldn't stop watching until I got to the end.

Now when I think of Cobb Vanth he has all this extra meaning. I loved that he was practically Space Raylan Givens in TBOBF, and it makes me want the HT figure all the more.

I can't believe it took me so long to get into the series. When it came out I tried the first episode and didn't think much of it. The setting seemed a bit grim and the accents grated. Then almost twelve years later I decided to give it another go, and it gradually grew on me to the point that I couldn't stop watching until I got to the end.

Now when I think of Cobb Vanth he has all this extra meaning. I loved that he was practically Space Raylan Givens in TBOBF, and it makes me want the HT figure all the more.

Have you also watched Deadwood? If not you should, Olyphant is equally as good in that. It's a much grittier show though.

Have you also watched Deadwood? If not you should, Olyphant is equally as good in that. It's a much grittier show though.

I watched it a long time ago.

I remember the language was so bad and so frequent that my dad, who's an avid western fan, refused to watch it! (Got to say I preferred the likes of Hell on Wheels).

It's strange to see TO as a gunslinger WITHOUT a hat (especially living out in the desert), meanwhile the off-world bounty hunter Cad Bane has one. Hey, maybe he'll win the rematch with Bane and take his!
If they have Cobb Vanth kill Bane I'm gonna be annoyed. If anyone is doing it then it has to be Fett, they have history and beef. He didnt'd even get to kill the Sarlacc himself.

I remember the language was so bad and so frequent that my dad, who's an avid western fan, refused to watch it! (Got to say I preferred the likes of Hell on Wheels).
I think their logic was to make it gritty for contemporary audiences, and figured old-time-y swearing was too quaint.

The ending was mystifying:
Spoiler Spoiler:

...that didn't seem right.

Yes sir, it's well documented and I believe it set some records. I personally think it suits the show just fine but I understand it did put some folks off. I need to watch it again soon, it's a really well done show.

https://www.newstatesman.com/cultur...-sweariest-most-swaggering-western-there-ever
http://thewvsr.com/deadwood.htm

If they have Cobb Vanth kill Bane I'm gonna be annoyed. If anyone is doing it then it has to be Fett, they have history and beef. He didnt'd even get to kill the Sarlacc himself.
I'll settle for Fett killing him, then telling Cobb "You know, that hat would look good on you, and where you live you need one". To which Cobb can respond, "Speaking of head gear, you might want to keep that bucket on more often when you're out an about around here. Take it from me, it's safer".

I think their logic was to make it gritty for contemporary audiences, and figured old-time-y swearing was too quaint.

The ending was mystifying:
Spoiler Spoiler:

...that didn't seem right.

The show was abruptly canceled after season 3 primarily because of it's high budget if I remember correctly. I believe the Milch wanted it to go five seasons. It was a controversial decision as the show's audience was smaller than they hoped in the beginning but was actually gaining viewers and was winning some awards.

They did make a movie years later that wrapped things up quite nicely considering the circumstances. Have you seen it?

I actually watched TO in Justified before Deadwood as I didn't have HBO back when it first aired. I only recently watched it (right before the movie came out) after I started leeching off my son's HBO. Seems only fair - he leeched off me for 20+ years. :lol

The show was abruptly canceled after season 3 primarily because of it's high budget if I remember correctly. I believe the Milch wanted it to go five seasons. It was a controversial decision as the show's audience was smaller than they hoped in the beginning but was actually gaining viewers and was winning some awards.

They did make a movie years later that wrapped things up quite nicely considering the circumstances. Have you seen it?
Was just Googling it because for the life of me I can't remember! Maybe I haven't seen it. I think I would have remembered that.

Back