G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I wish I was into this line when it first came out. Going back and getting the hard to find/exclusive figures is not fun or cheap. I’m really wanting Cobra troopers/vipers and Amazon Roadblock. Just received Target Roadblock and it’s a great figure. I’ve got Major Bludd on the way from eBay as well. I got it for what I thought was a decent price.

Man I wish I was into this line when it first came out. Going back and getting the hard to find/exclusive figures is not fun or cheap. I’m really wanting Cobra troopers/vipers and Amazon Roadblock. Just received Target Roadblock and it’s a great figure. I’ve got Major Bludd on the way from eBay as well. I got it for what I thought was a decent price.
--

The Target "exclusive" distribution is what soured me on the line from the start.

I picked up a few female characters on Amazon for less than MSRP and keeping an eye on a few other figures where the prices are decreasing.

--

The Target "exclusive" distribution is what soured me on the line from the start.

I picked up a few female characters on Amazon for less than MSRP and keeping an eye on a few other figures where the prices are decreasing.
I went back through and read the thread and saw how frustrating it was for you guys to collect at the start. I guess the Tipsr Force and Python Patrol will be the test if they have gotten any better at exclusives.

I really want to bite the bullet on Firefly, Beachhead and Roadblock but I have a feeling they will be released in the retro line soon.

Got Zartan and Target Roadblock in. I also dug out a bunch of weapons I forgot I had.

H9M12O3.jpg

wJUKGgz.jpg

6JN2BuH.jpg

Does Walgreens seriously just get individual figures shipped to them? I mean one single figure. I’ve been looking for the BAT and Alley Viper. My Walgreens went from no GI Joe figures to one single Snake Eyes movie figure, this is at four different Walgreens. Same thing for marvel legends. Weirdest thing ever.

I don't collect this line but I do keep an eye on it because I was such a huge GI JOE RAH fan in the 80's.

My local Walgreens, the guy who runs the toy section is a collector and he orders and apparently he filters though the ones he wants and puts the rest on the shelf. It's probably not an easy job, esp during the pandemic, so to me, that's something I actually do understand.

Not in my city, but in neighboring cities, the level of shoplifting and rampant theft has caused many of the Walgreens to shut down. Which is horrible for those older people without cars and can't get around so good anyone to just get their medicine, and it's bad for collectors as it kills one more source of items and it's bad for people who were basically thrown out of their jobs for no fault of their own.

I was told the prices on these figures are also going to go up.

I hate to say this, but I almost think the best way to collect this line is to just wait it out, wait until the hype dies and the line is priced out to the point where it oversaturates and they stop, and hope for some collector to just want to dump everything all at once loose and complete for you.

I basically got the entire GI Joe Sigma Six collection for my nephew that way years ago. Fortunately, the line came out and time passed before he was old enough to enjoy stuff like this.

I'm not a huge fan of the "Build A Figure" marketing concept ( i.e. parts of an unique figure split up into each package in a wave, to try to entice you to buy the whole wave), but it's one way to justify raising the price points.

Haven't been here in a long time. Good to see some old names still around. Good to see Buttmunch is still around.

I'm legit excited for Hasbro's livestream tomorrow. The 40th anniversary of GIJOE ARAH is a big deal and I'm hoping they go all out, all year long.

I wanted a charging accessory for the Classified BAT and I was surprised to find one on Etsy. A little pricey, sure, but it's top quality and super fast delivery.
It's a great addition to my Destro's war room display.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115086...50862726&click_sum=11d69170&ref=hp_rv-2&frs=1

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 27

Attachments

• Stalker Twins.jpg
    Stalker Twins.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 24
So the Vioer 3 pack is e-commerce only. Best places to preorder? Who charges upfront, who charges later? Has to pulse usually get orders shipped first?

So the Vioer 3 pack is e-commerce only. Best places to preorder? Who charges upfront, who charges later? Has to pulse usually get orders shipped first?
I just got everything off of BBTS with no issues, though a little sluggish.
And BBTS does not charge you until your item ships.

Thanks man that’s where I’m going. $90 for the 3 pack seems a little steep but it does come with a lot. I’ll prob just grab two of them.

I do kind of find it funny the redesigns are completely gone and now we’re just getting 6” updates of the classic looks - which is what everyone wanted all along. Only a matter of time before those first few wave characters get redone in their classic looks.

I do kind of find it funny the redesigns are completely gone and now we’re just getting 6” updates of the classic looks - which is what everyone wanted all along. Only a matter of time before those first few wave characters get redone in their classic looks.
I want a classic 1984 Duke so bad.

Overall, I thought it was a very good presentation today. I basically just collect Classified so I was extremely pleased.
As far as pre-orders go, I got everything I wanted through BBTS. 2 each of Stalker, Tomax and Xamot (I dig Paoli as the twins' last name...never knew it): 1 collector grade to keep in package and 1 standard grade to open. I also picked up a Viper 3-pack to open. I dug the Megatron crossover but that's just out of my wheelhouse.
Zarana: I dig the look a lot and I fully expect a color changing deluxe figure down the road. 1 to open and 1 to keep in package.
Dusty: He's not one of my favorites but this is a killer look and I can't wait to see his accessories. Like Zarana, I'll get 2.
Crimson Guard: An excellent troop builder, and I would like to get either 4 or 6 to display, 1 to keep in box. Hope the final product has a red backpack.
Python Patrol Trooper: Much like the Python Patrol Viper, just plan to get 1 to keep in package.
Tiger Force Recondo: Much like Outback, I'm sure we'll get a standard version down the road, but plan to get an extra 1 to open for display.
Tiger Force Bazooka: Don't care for the character, so I'll get 1 to keep in package.
Kamakura: Unfamiliar with this character, so it'll be another single figure to keep in package.
Dr. Mindbender: One of Cobra's goofiest looking characters but I'll be damned if they didn't knock it out of the park. Definitely get an extra 1 to open.

Hasbro's Pulse Con 2021 GIJOE panel is still the best one so far, but today wasn't far behind. Emily said Yo Joe June will be even bigger which legitimately scares the hell out of me and my wallet.

Back