Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah bro it was ZS that demanded 15 movies rolled into 1 it was the executives who had the clear creative vision of Whedon’s understanding of women rights in Hollywood lol
Looks like my boy jye just answered my question! Lol

Lol never. Not during the season of giving. I got you a rey doll btw. I hope it comes in time for Christmas but if it doesn’t well khev took it. Sorry
That was a good one.

Actually let me take back my cancer diagnosis supposedly they stopped it from spreading when they took my kidney out but I lose my faith now at the first sign of any symptoms no matter how mild I immediately think I’m dying :rotfl

Unlike Disney when the day does come I just hope my wife recasts the father role with a good role model for our son and a good husband who can absorb all of her stubbornness and the freaks can forgive me for liking TROS lol.

Last edited:
That’s just it, Warner bros. wasnt partially to blame, it was 100% their fault. They were so obsessed with competing with Marvel that they didnt even stop to look at what made Marvel so successful in the first place. Patience is not in WB’s vocabulary. I’m glad Snyder did ignore them and made the movie he wanted to make because we obviously wouldn’t have his cut of Justice league (which is liked by the majority of fans and critics alike). In the end if they just would’ve stuck with Snyder then there’s no doubt his film would’ve made more money than the abomination that was Whedon’s cut.

P.S. I don’t know where you’ve been but WB has a history of making just as many bad DC movies as good ones, especially before the Snyderverse/DCEU.

Superman 3 & 4, Superman returns, Jonah Hex, Green lantern, Catwoman, Supergirl, Constantine, Steel, etc.
Again, Snyder doesn't escape unscathed in my opinion. When he signed on to tell his story in TWO movies and then took THREE movies worth of run time to do so, he failed to deliver one of his primary job objectives. And even while acknowledging that ZSJL is better than the theatrical JL, I don't think it necessarily would have made significantly more money. At 4 hours it would have had half the screenings per day that JL had, meaning its theatrical run would need to be twice as long simply to be on par. 4 hours also makes it longer than a lot of casual moviegoers would be willing to commit to on a night out, as well as deter repeat viewings even by the most rabid fans. Being better than JL doesn't make it LoTR lol.

OK point taken on WB's history, but I was focusing on the near past (i.e., since Marvel entered the picture and connected universes became a thing). Plus I thought only Wor-Gar and I were old enough to remember Superman 3 & 4 lol...

Last edited:
Again, Snyder doesn't escape unscathed in my opinion. When he signed on to tell his story in TWO movies and then took THREE movies worth of run time to do so, he failed to deliver one of his primary job objectives. And even while acknowledging that ZSJL is better than the theatrical JL, I don't think it necessarily would have made significantly more money. At 4 hours it would have had half the viewings per day that JL had, meaning its theatrical run would need to be twice as long simply to be on par. 4 hours also makes it longer than a lot of casual moviegoers would be willing to commit to on a night out, as well as deter repeat viewings even by the most rabid fans. Being better than JL doesn't make it LoTR lol.

OK point taken on WB's history, but I was focusing on the near past (i.e., since Marvel entered the picture and connected universes became a thing. Plus I thought only Wor-Gar and I were old enough to remember Superman 3 & 4 lol...
I think everyone has a valid points it’s probably better for everyone to just agree to disagree lol

Is it? He had one movie. We bearly knew the character. Than Zack kills him in the second basically with zero build up when the character is not even established properly and you are not even attached to him. The fight with Doomsday is bad anyway. There is basically no build up towards it. Typical third act like in Black Adam. It just happens. It supposed to be a big thing (his death) yet it has no impact on the viewer on emotional or any level except wtf just happened. This is how I see it. I suggest watch The Death of Superman animation. IMO this is how you do this. There is an emotional impact before and throughout and after the fight and also there is an actual build up towards the Superman and Doomsday clash (who became an established threat in the movie). In BvS he is a cave troll who is just there for the big CGI fight.
I gotta agree with you there. I really love the Death of Superman animated movie and really all the ones that established that whole universe before the resent reset. Everytime I watch I think "why couldn't they just do something like this?" I think the DC Animated Universe did a very good job with building out the universe and characters while leading to the final confrontation with Darkseid in Apokolips War. And the crazy thing is they started with a Justice League movie first, then built out universe with individual movies afterwards yet it still worked. I disliked how fractured it was left though resulting in another "flashpoint" but the build up was pretty dang good IMO with all the movies connecting.

I gotta agree with you there. I really love the Death of Superman animated movie and really all the ones that established that whole universe before the resent reset. Everytime I watch I think "why couldn't they just do something like this?" I think the DC Animated Universe did a very good job with building out the universe and characters while leading to the final confrontation with Darkseid in Apokolips War. And the crazy thing is they started with a Justice League movie first, then built out universe with individual movies afterwards yet it still worked. I disliked how fractured it was left though resulting in another "flashpoint" but the build up was pretty dang good IMO with all the movies connecting.
I think a reasonable list of movies for the DCEU could have strived for:
  1. MOS
  2. Batfleck the Movie
  3. BvS (keeps the focus on BvS, introduces WW)
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Justice League (JL is formed, Steppenwolf leads the first forays to Earth)
  6. MOS2
  7. Aquaman
  8. Justice League 2: Doomsday (Darkseid sends Doomsday to Earth, Superman dies etc)
  9. Wonder Woman 2
  10. Justice League 3: Darkseid (With Superman dead, Darkseid invades, the JL are overwhelmed <not like how they got butchered in Apokolips War>, Superman gets resurrected, JL beats down Darkseid)
If we focus on Snyder and to five movies:
  1. MOS
  2. BvS (keeps the focus on the BvS dynamic)
  3. Justice League (JL is formed, LL starts his Doomsday plan, Steppenwolf leads the first forays to Earth)
  4. MOS2: Doomsday (Superman dies)
  5. Justic League 2 (Superman is resurrected and the JL beats Darkseid)

That was a good one.

Actually let me take back my cancer diagnosis supposedly they stopped it from spreading when they took my kidney out but I lose my faith now at the first sign of any symptoms no matter how mild I immediately think I’m dying :rotfl

Unlike Disney when the day does come I just hope my wife recasts the father role with a good role model for our son and a good husband who can absorb all of her stubbornness and the freaks can forgive me for liking TROS lol.
Just hang in there buddy! You’re better than Disney

I think a reasonable list of movies for the DCEU could have strived for:
  1. MOS
  2. Batfleck the Movie
  3. BvS (keeps the focus on BvS, introduces WW)
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Justice League (JL is formed, Steppenwolf leads the first forays to Earth)
  6. MOS2
  7. Aquaman
  8. Justice League 2: Doomsday (Darkseid sends Doomsday to Earth, Superman dies etc)
  9. Wonder Woman 2
  10. Justice League 3: Darkseid (With Superman dead, Darkseid invades, the JL are overwhelmed <not like how they got butchered in Apokolips War>, Superman gets resurrected, JL beats down Darkseid)
If we focus on Snyder and to five movies:
  1. MOS
  2. BvS (keeps the focus on the BvS dynamic)
  3. Justice League (JL is formed, LL starts his Doomsday plan, Steppenwolf leads the first forays to Earth)
  4. MOS2: Doomsday (Superman dies)
  5. Justic League 2 (Superman is resurrected and the JL beats Darkseid)
See that up there sounds better than what we got. Except I would cast a younger Batman and a better Lex Luther.
I like the batfleck suit but again I hate the hardened Batman story. I want prime Batman to fight Superman .
Also we need a teen titans movie.

Do you think Snyder wanted to make a bvs movie that lead into JL? Was that his intention? Serious question. Do you think WB pushed him to create that bloated mess in bvs? Maybe he wanted to make a mos2? Or something else. I don’t think Snyders plan was to jump from Superman to JL. I don’t blame the guy fully for what happened as I don’t think he wanted to rush the JL either but the studio forced him

I could be wrong but I do recall him saying it was always his intention to introduce Batman in the sequel to Man of Steel. I doubt he would’ve wanted to rush straight into Justice League right after but who knows.

See that up there sounds better than what we got. Except I would cast a younger Batman and a better Lex Luther.
I like the batfleck suit but again I hate the hardened Batman story. I want prime Batman to fight Superman .
Also we need a teen titans movie.

Really? I thought that was a really cool take, plus it was something we haven’t seen before.

Really? I thought that was a really cool take, plus it was something we haven’t seen before.
Well they tried it in the dark knight rises and I hated it there and they did it here. Idk but having Superman be younger and less experienced than Batman rubbed me the wrong way.

So hold up. I say the GA doesn’t like the Snyder movies and it feels like you are having a convo with your kids instead of actually presenting better facts instead of

“Derp but it’s the highest grossing film with Superman that means the GA loves it”

Damn I bet your kids destroy you in debates .

I presented facts that you said weren't facts.
The facts I presented give more of an indication of what the GA might think than your opinion will ever do.

Notice how you added, "the GA loves it". I said I think they were fine with it, YOU brought up that they hated it and have brought nothing to the table so far to say otherwise.

Well, they might think they destroy me but kids will be kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back