Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All over the internet? You mean the one article from THR? :lol. It’s all speculation besides the WW3 news. Even then they’re not saying that Gadot isn’t going to be Wonder Woman, they said that Jenkins particular version doesn’t fit with their current plans. Can you blame them after the disaster that WW84 was? let’s wait to hear what Gunn and Safran say a week from now.
Why don’t you literally look up on Twitter or every other site. It’s not that hard to find. Not just here snoopy. But can you blame the reboot after that black Adam fail? We are talking about very reactionary people

Why don’t you literally look up on Twitter or every other site. It’s not that hard to find. Not just here snoopy. But can you blame the reboot after that black Adam fail? We are talking about very reactionary people

What am I looking for on Twitter exactly? Do you realize that this all started from an article that ONE site wrote? THR reported that Warner bros is not moving forward with Jenkins WW3. That’s it. Everything else is pure speculation. Gunn even liked Gadots post saying she’s excited to continue playing the character. Everyone is literally jumping the “Gunn” here, yourself included. :lol Lets wait and see what the announcements are next week.

I'm more excited than ever and curious to see what Gunn has in store for the WB DC universe. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I personally absolutely hated the Snyderverse.

Everything other than Cavil as Supes that is. I don't like any of the other cast at all. Aquadude was ok and Gadot as WW, well only in looks. She can't act nor ever talk without her accent. Never liked Batfleck or Cyborg either. And don't even get me started on the Flash.

I also must be one of the few, that if ever forced to watch JLA again, would rather watch the original Whedon version. Far less bloated, and hated the redone Steppenwolf. Spikey armor, squished head and puppy eyes were terrible. And pathetic loser Darkseid too. But to be clear, both versions of the movie were awful. The only movies I can stomach watching are MOS (which I kinda liked), Aquadude and WW. The rest are not worth my time. Still haven't seen Black Adam. Will when it hits HBOMax.

And I believe they've already said Pats' Bats is a standalone like Joker and was never meant to be part of the DCEU. So fans of that version should really stop hoping he's sticking around. Your just setting yourself up for anger and resentment.

Didn't Gunn say to not believe anything on the internet unless it comes directly from him?

What am I looking for on Twitter exactly? Do you realize that this all started from an article that ONE site wrote? THR reported that Warner bros is not moving forward with Jenkins WW3. That’s it. Everything else is pure speculation. Gunn even liked Gadots post saying she’s excited to continue playing the character. Everyone is literally jumping the “Gunn” here, yourself included. :lol Lets wait and see what the announcements are next week.
Gunn just said some of it is true. I don’t know what to tell ya. You should know by now how this studio is. I don’t know why you’re putting good faith in them. Even alatar is expecting the worst. They’ve been canceling crap nonstop lately. I know it sucks but prepare for the worst when it comes to these guys.

Gunn just said some of it is true. I don’t know what to tell ya. You should know by now how this studio is. I don’t know why you’re putting good faith in them. Even alatar is expecting the worst.

No I hear you, WB is extremely stupid. I don’t trust them at all, but I certainly don’t trust an article written by thr either. Hopefully Gunn elaborates next week on what exactly the “plan” is going forward. I just can’t see a full reboot happening this late in the game.

There is no way he will start with classic characters. He will have to start with the obscure characters from DC as everybody still remembers the snyderverse characters so in order to avoid obvious comparisons he will have to go to the lesser know stuff. Green Lantern , New Gods, Legion of super heroes all the B level characters.

I am just hoping DC does not turn in to Marvel or at least current Marvel. The last good movie they had was the infinity war saga good blend of action, comedy and story.

The rest of the stuffs tone is terrible maybe with the exception of eternals but that was more dc then marvel and the marvel fans hated.

It's a shame all I wanted was the justice league cartoon brought to life in live action complete with watch tower, brainiac, darkseid.

If he can give us stories at this level of huge stakes and broad implication that would be great but if just does another GOG rated R he can forget it . The vision needs to be grand and all encompassing galactic invasions high stakes stuff.

Interestingly, Gunn did not really deny anything in the THR article today. One would think that if there was no plan whatsoever to fully reboot he would have shut that down immediately.

Interestingly, Gunn did not really deny anything in the THR article today. One would think that if there was no plan whatsoever to fully reboot he would have shut that down immediately.
That’s what I’m saying. If a reboot wasn’t happening he should have shut it down . I’m sick of them not giving direct answers. It’s aggravating

He is rebooting it he just doesn't want to reveal what that in tails . Let's face it these people did not have a plan at all after flash in terms of movies at least .Keaton is the batman and super girl is the new superman of this universe . Talk about fked up .

The fighting has been on the wall for some time as they cant have a justice league anymore , no Affleck not cyborg so they were already missi g two of them . Then cavil was out. And they wanted to replace him. It was a mess.

Only thing they can do is start from lessee know characters and build out a story . Thanagar and Rann war , Green lantern corps and darkest night, new god kirby era. DC is more the thr classic characters and they need to utilize to it's full potential. I am ot interested in seeing any of these characters recast in the near future as the memory of these characters is still fresh .

If he really want to earns the fans trust let his start with one of these characters build it up and grow the brand

I’d be willing to bet it will be a soft reboot. They’ll still use Cavill, Gadot, Mamoa, etc. Right now a full blown reboot just doesn’t make sense financially. Aquaman was one of their biggest money makers. We still have movies coming out from the old regime one of which Safran is producing. James Gunn is also working on peacemaker season 2 which is also part of the larger DCEU.

I'm just going to wait to see what they actually announce, and then react.

I'm so worn out with subpar phase 4 and the WB / DC decision makers colossal ineptitude (imagine squandering a superman 2 movie!) that I don't have it in me to start again with a new DC cinematic universe. If they recast I'm out.

Marvel is no longer appointment cinema or TV, I've not seen any of phase 4 in the cinema (even far from home which was the only one which piqued my interest) and now don't even catch most of them on streaming. I only watch the shows that appeal to me and I will just stop watching if they are don't hold my interest. Phase 3 me would be shocked by post phase 4 me haha.

Same is true with DC, I quite liked the suicide squad but haven't found the time to watch peacemaker. By comparison, I even sat through the whole first season of iron fist a few years ago such is my state of apathy with cape stuff now. I like the snyder movies, I'm not a die hard but they had something a bit different about them compared to the MCU formula. Visually, stylistically and tonally different and that helped keep both brand's relevant. I'm concerned Gunn us just going to repeat Whedon's mistakes and try and marvelize DC, perhaps that's what Zaslav wants (MCU formula = MCU dollars ... hopefully). The thing is, the MCU has already saturated its own market to the precipice of extinction hence their rethinks for phases 5 and 6.

I just want that nightmare universe movie, superman trilogy with Cavill, Batfleck solo movie or series and a finale or two parter with darkseid and the Justice League. Then WB can reboot it a hundred times over for all I care.

I'm ready for the next phase of cinema, blue 3d cat people will inherit the earth from cape movies.

I’m confused. So there’s a meeting in a week where Gunn and Safran have to get approval for their plans from Zaslav, DeLuca, and Abdy? And DeLuca and Abdy don’t want what Gunn and Safran wants? So Zaslav will make the call then?

590AD174-C581-41DD-AF7A-2151A0D80A4D.jpeg

I believe that the main problem today with DC is that they don't even have a 1 year plan, they just let rumors build their stories.

Its sad, but they just cant move forward, they will have Snyder hunting them until they start work toward something solid.

The fans just want Gunn to say what is the next 4 movies that will start this new narrative status of the dc universe, and he cannt even do that.
Until now, between Snyder,Hamada and Gunn, Snyder was the one who had the most solid plan, he had a full blackboard explained about what he wanted to do.

And let me explain something to a few guys that dont understand the term "elseworld", everything outside the main comics is an elseworld story, even movies ou tv shows.

Now I’m seeing gal galdot is still WW. So wtf is it then? Soft reboot or reboot. I’m getting tired. It’s a shame these idiots fell so hard behind marvel. In the 00s the JL was the superhero team that everyone recognized. Nobody cared about the avengers except hardcore comic fans.

Now I’m seeing gal galdot is still WW. So wtf is it then? Soft reboot or reboot. I’m getting tired. It’s a shame these idiots fell so hard behind marvel. In the 00s the JL was the superhero team that everyone recognized. Nobody cared about the avengers except hardcore comic fans.

Apparently Gunn and Safran don’t care for Patty Jenkins script for WW3. Their issue isn’t with Gal, they’re happy with her.

And you are so right about the name recognition of the DC characters and Marvel characters. When the MCU launched in 2008 Marvel had already, in their effort to avoid bankruptcy, sold the rights for their most popular characters to film studios (Sony and Fox). Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer. Marvel still had Hulk and Thor at least. But anyway, the GA didn’t know Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. It’s a credit to Kevin Feige that he was able to take those superheroes and make them so massively popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back