Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like my instinct to check out emotionally was warranted, lol.

A total reboot.

My prediction is that James Gunn… who is not exactly a darling among the fandom to begin with given his 10K deleted tweet history… is going to be reviled for whatever he comes up with. The THR article says that he and Safran are likely to highlight Lobo. They’re going to make GotG Vol. 3, Thor: Love and Thunder types of films. Gunn has said he would love to make a Bat-mite movie, etc.
Yep I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what the slate/bible looked like. But that patience is quickly running out.

I really find it hard to understand why you would want to get rid of the actors. I get it if you want to move away from the Snyderverse, which was divisive, but the actors were/are universally beloved as far as I can tell... why the hell would you want to get rid of Affleck, Gadot, Cavill and Momoa? They are all solid in their roles. Miller is a bit of a liability right now, but apparently they are moving forward with the movie, so uhm... Margot Robbie is also well-liked, and I don't know if Fisher is an issue. Shazam and Black Adam you can just let slip by the wayside with no problems if you think they suck, so no harm done.
It just doesn't seem to make much sense. Or are they going to shelve all the upcoming movies? Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2...

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

And what's going to happen with Reeves' Batman movies? And the Joker sequel? Are those still going forward? Nothing makes sense, my brain hurts! :lol

This all just makes no sense. If Gunn is really going in this direction then he's no better than Emmerich and Co.

Is it so frigging hard to simply give the fandom what they want and continue the story Snyder started with perhaps some added characters to the League ?

If this is true, they'll lose what Fandom they still had. And as this guy in the video says, no one will be interested in the 3-4 films still to come.

"Listening to the fans", my a$$........

It must have come down to WBD being so deep in the red financially. Maybe they couldn’t have afforded Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill for example.

I’m still hoping that Zack Snyder obtains the rights to obscure but still very cool superheroes. Or that he even creates his own original superhero universe similar to what he’s done with Rebel Moon originally having been in the Star Wars setting. Look at how good Invincible on Amazon is, for example.

I mean, yes DC superheroes will always my first love from childhood. But I lived without them just fine for decades until Zack Snyder made them interesting to me again.

It’s possible in theory that the rebooted universe will appeal to the GA. But I do not trust James Gunn to shepherd that! GotG is amazing. But I do not want DC films to have that tone at all. And every film he has made since GotG has been worse. I feel that he‘s a kind of one trick pony who’s recycling the same gimmicks.

Granted, he’s only directing a film here and there. But I do think his vision for how the DCU will approach the superhero genre is going to reflect what Gunn himself feels he does best.

I really find it hard to understand why you would want to get rid of the actors. I get it if you want to move away from the Snyderverse, which was divisive, but the actors were/are universally beloved as far as I can tell... why the hell would you want to get rid of Affleck, Gadot, Cavill and Momoa? They are all solid in their roles. Miller is a bit of a liability right now, but apparently they are moving forward with the movie, so uhm... Margot Robbie is also well-liked, and I don't know if Fisher is an issue. Shazam and Black Adam you can just let slip by the wayside with no problems if you think they suck, so no harm done.
It just doesn't seem to make much sense. Or are they going to shelve all the upcoming movies? Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2...

And what's going to happen with Reeves' Batman movies? And the Joker sequel? Are those still going forward? Nothing makes sense, my brain hurts! :lol

They’re keeping Momoa who will be recast as Lobo!

It's Time!
(Pattinson) Batman - (Maridueña) Blue Beetle Xover!
:D

73k0mf.gif

Last edited:
It must have come down to WBD being so deep in the red financially. Maybe they couldn’t have afforded Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill for example.

I’m still hoping that Zack Snyder obtains the rights to obscure but still very cool superheroes. Or that he even creates his own original superhero universe similar to what he’s done with Rebel Moon originally having been in the Star Wars setting. Look at how good Invincible on Amazon is, for example.

I mean, yes DC superheroes will always my first love from childhood. But I lived without them just fine for decades until Zack Snyder made them interesting to me again.

It’s possible in theory that the rebooted universe will appeal to the GA. But I do not trust James Gunn to shepherd that! GotG is amazing. But I do not want DC films to have that tone at all. And every film he has made since GotG has been worse. I feel that he‘s a kind of one trick pony who’s recycling the same gimmicks.

Granted, he’s only directing a film here and there. But I do think his vision for how the DCU will approach the superhero genre is going to reflect what Gunn himself feels he does best.
I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if, like all things, it probably comes down to money. I see there is also a potential rivalry and ego-fest between Gunn and the Rock. I could totally see that the Rock was pushing certain stuff publicly to move things in the direction of Cavill being back. That means more money for him and his company 7 Bucks, also secures Cavill potentially for BA 2.

Gadot was also set to cash in. I mean if they know they are the loved characters then they have a way higher bargaining position. Same applies for Zack tbh (although he would be definitely worth every penny imo).

So from that aspect moving to a reboot refreshes everything, contracts included.

Interestingly enough this leaked info article by the Hollywood Reporter before the meeting next week with Zaslav at least gives the fandom a chance to give their opinion. The Hollywood Reporter may have just saved us from a WB reboot.....

Next week should be interesting as well.

Yeah, it could be a test balloon.
When I think about who would be in that meeting. i.e Zaslav, Gunn, Safran, DeLuca and Abdy. Then Deluca + Abdy would be against it so 2:2 against Gunn + Safran coming in with the plan, meaning Zaslav to potentially be the decider.

Therefore if Zaslav (and even Gunn + Safran) see the fandome outrage perhaps it's enough to reconsider their vote.

Certainly not the best way to do a test balloon for Gunn :lol :lol :lol

My only other concern is that Gunn probably thinks he can re-build a DC universe with quirky no-name characters, they don't play that well when it comes to serious Endgame type situations either.

GotG are great but when it gets serious they are useless. DC is inheritantly darker and more serious than Marvel, so whatever end crisis event they come to there's no gravitos when all you have there is Polkadot Man, Peacemaker, Blue Beetle and Lobo. Even with a new or old trinity they just don't fit.

Damn I'm ####ed off today !!

This company is completely inept. A month ago Henry is back as Superman, now it looks like it has all been scrapped. I certainly hope he didn't walk away from The Witcher to play Supes again if it isn't happening.

Reeves Batman and Joker were always a side thing which I believe DeLuca and Abdy were running with Reeves.

Gunn and Safran were for the main DCU with Cavill, Gadot, Affleck, Mamoa etc.......or whoever they will now go with.,,,,,if any at all.

What a cluster####

WB, if you're so strapped for cash, get the actors who buy into their role and the directors who buy into the subject to help produce. Scrapping the Snyderverse is a stupid, stupid idea. Let it come to a close naturally in a story, then you can move on in that fashion while simultaneously introducing the new crew. DC invented the Multiverse for crying out loud and you can't figure that out?

Those reports are BS.

All it states is that they’re not moving forward with Jenkins VERSION of WW3. The rest is just rumors and speculation.

Last edited:
Those reports are BS.

All it states is that they’re not moving forward with Jenkins VERSION of WW3. The rest is just rumors and speculation.
Possibly. I got one thing that isn't BS: if the Batman 2 doesn't get greenlit because of WB, Gunn or Safran I'm out on DC Films. Won't pay for box office, rental or other.

Those reports are BS.

Idk. I keep hearing reports of them doing a total reboot. They’ve been trying for a min now and honestly after black Adam I wouldn’t be surprised.

Good riddance to the DCEU. Hopefully they get rid of everything and just start from the ground up. Jason Mamoa as Lobo would be a great antagonist for Superman. Ii wouldn't mind a new trinity film with a new Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. No more origins for those three characters.

Idk. I keep hearing reports of them doing a total reboot. They’ve been trying for a min now and honestly after black Adam I wouldn’t be surprised.

What reports? The article from THR is pure speculation at this point. It’ll be a soft reboot. They’ll keep most of the core actors going forward.

Zaslav wouldn’t have allowed The Rock and Cavill to hype up “big plans” for Superman if he didn’t intend on keeping them around. The rock posted on his Twitter and said all this is “just noise.”

What reports? The article from THR is pure speculation at this point. It’ll be a soft reboot. They’ll keep most of the core actors going forward.

Zaslav wouldn’t have allowed The Rock and Cavill to hype up “big plans” for Superman if he didn’t intend on keeping them around. The rock posted on his Twitter and said all this is “just noise.”
It’s all over the internet. And this is DC we are talking about they are stupid. And I would t trust anything the rock says as gospel. He isn’t the official word on DC. This guy zaslav isn’t the snyderverse savior like most of you thought sadly. Dude wants money and he is chopping everything that isn’t making a profit. Blsck Adam bombed. They’d be stupid to go forward with anything from him in awhile. After that black Adam bomb of course they will reboot. They probably thought “idiotically” that having Superman cameo in the movie will draw big numbers and they were betting on him drawing crowds.

It’s all over the internet. And this is DC we are talking about they are stupid. And I would t trust anything the rock says as gospel. He isn’t the official word on DC. This guy zaslav isn’t the snyderverse savior like most of you thought sadly. Dude wants money and he is chopping everything that isn’t making a profit. Blsck Adam bombed. They’d be stupid to go forward with anything from him in awhile. After that black Adam bomb of course they will reboot. They probably thought “idiotically” that having Superman cameo in the movie will draw big numbers and they were betting on him drawing crowds.

All over the internet? You mean the one article from THR? :lol. It’s all speculation besides the WW3 news. Even then they’re not saying that Gadot isn’t going to be Wonder Woman, they said that Jenkins particular version doesn’t fit with their current plans. Can you blame them after the disaster that WW84 was? let’s wait to hear what Gunn and Safran say a week from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back