Films That You Wouldn't Consider to Have a Sequel(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's ROTLA and then there are the other 3.

Although I enjoyed the other 3.

Robocop 2
Alien 3 ( although I enjoyed ressurection )
Terminator 2 should have stopped there or maybe gone straight to 4 ( need to watch it ).
Friday the 13th VII

I grew up in the 80's and had a great time. A wise master once said "Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is." I left my attachment to the 80's years ago. :rolleyes:

I'm more nostalgic about family traditions, life experiences than movies. Very rare do movies spark an emotion or reaction from days gone past.

Youre just cold,comes with the age i assume:lol...kidding...

you managed to do something i didnt then,i never get tired of watching old flicks again.

Youre just cold,comes with the age i assume:lol...kidding...

you managed to do something i didnt then,i never get tired of watching old flicks again.

Cold, perhaps. We have six children two which are Type I Diabetics. Life decided long ago to implant what is important and what isn't important.

Movies, my 1/6 collection etc. serve their purpose but in the grand scheme of things hang on the bottom rung of important factors.

Tune in next week, we will discuss the dangers associated with texting while driving. Now back to your regular programming :D

Cold, perhaps. We have six children two which are Type I Diabetics. Life decided long ago to implant what is important and what isn't important.

Movies, my 1/6 collection etc. serve their purpose but in the grand scheme of things hang on the bottom rung of important factors.

Tune in next week, we will discuss the dangers associated with texting while driving. Now back to your regular programming :D

Sorry to hear that,and youre right and i totally agree,movies,collecting is not as important as Family and friends not to me neither,but like we talked about... you get the good feeling when you watch an old movie,doesnt mean i worship them,you know what i mean?:)

Ahhh ok,i would think people growing up during the 80s would love Back to the Future,one of 80s most memorable movies,cant wait for the saga coming to Blu-Ray.

I was born in 1983 and was just a little kid watching my first Arnie movie which was...well i think you know which one:lol
I was born in 1980, so the 80s hold a lot of nostalgic charm to me. But, this means that I was a teenager in the 1990s, and I HATE the entertainment of the 1990s (except for a very few music and movies here and there).

I understand what Darkseed is saying (and if he truly doesn't hold on to the past at all, then I am VERY envious), but I suspect that he might have better feelings about the 70s than 80s, since that is when he was younger. I think part of it is how old you were when you experienced something. Of course, this could be completely isolated to my case :monkey1

I was born in 1980, so the 80s hold a lot of nostalgic charm to me. But, this means that I was a teenager in the 1990s, and I HATE the entertainment of the 1990s (except for a very few music and movies here and there).

I understand what Darkseed is saying (and if he truly doesn't hold on to the past at all, then I am VERY envious), but I suspect that he might have better feelings about the 70s than 80s, since that is when he was younger. I think part of it is how old you were when you experienced something. Of course, this could be completely isolated to my case :monkey1

I blame the 70's for my collecting habits: Comic books, Star Wars, Superman, Big Jim, Evil Knievel, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers and the 25th century took my little mind to amazing places. That said, I cannot watch these shows today (except Star Wars).

The 80's (early 90's) were awesome but not because of the movies :naughty

All this because I didn't like Back to the Future or watch The Karate Kid. What if I said I hated grunge and think Pearl Jam and Nirvana were way overrated :D

Hated, and still do, Karate Kid and Back to the Future.
But a movie that was great and needed no sequel? - Fright Night

Jurassic Park-They pulled it too far with dinosaurs,and a fourth is coming in 2010.

Bloodsport-First one was based on a true story,the rest is pure garbage.

There are so many bad sequels that follow inspired originals that it'd be easier if the thread just asked "Which movies actually HAVE worthy sequels?"

Jurassic Park-They pulled it too far with dinosaurs,and a fourth is coming in 2010.

Bloodsport-First one was based on a true story,the rest is pure garbage.

I found Jurassic Park 1 and 2 Very good 1 was Great 2 was fun but I hated number 3
But I also heard JP4 was going to be cancelled due to the Death of Jurassic Park Author Michael Crichton

The
image.gif
should NEVER have had sequels.
5.gif

Back