Films That You Wouldn't Consider to Have a Sequel(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Neverending Story . . . (hell, with that title how is a sequel even possible)

Godafther II . . . III wasn't terrible but . . .

The Neverending Story . . . (hell, with that title how is a sequel even possible)

Yes, good call. The original is fantastic... sequels were crap. But, I do have to disagree with the title. If the story is neverending they could make sequels until the cows come home :lol

BTW, the book is an interesting read.

The following sequels don't exist in my view:

T3:rise of the machines
Alien Resurrection
Die Hard 4.0
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Star wars Episodes I-III
Batman Forever
Batman&Robin
Jaws 3&4
Star Trek V
Speed 2 Cruise control

All this because I didn't like Back to the Future or watch The Karate Kid. What if I said I hated grunge and think Pearl Jam and Nirvana were way overrated :D

I'd say well done that man and offer to buy you a drink! :D

Will avoid re-treading over one's that have already been said.
Pumpkinhead II and Pumpkinhead III were very poor, Pumpkinhead 4 was suprisingly good though.

The Resident Evil movie's, not just the sequels but the original too!

Austin Powers II (Although I enjoyed AP3)

The Lost World : Jurassic Park was pretty meh, 3 slightly less meh!

I did a thread like this. It's called sequels I refuse to acknowledge ever happend
Most of you are answering the question in the same vain as that thread, i.e. after the fact of the movie before it. e.g Aliens. Well, I think Aliens could have had very good sequel if it had a good script. Sadly it didn't. The same goes for the Matrix.
Terminator 2 is a different kettle of fish. Cameron's ending of that story was so final and perfect there was no way it could have a sequel that made sense, and guess what happend, we got the stupid Terminator 3

Here is my list
Terminator 2 (The future has been changed. No sorry just delayed. :confused:
Highlander (There can be only one. Oh hang on, no theres more of you now and you're an alien)
Gladiator ( There are rumours )
300 (same here)
Jurassic park ( Did you know I have another Island that I forgot to mention)
American Psycho ( Hey guys what if Patrick had a sister and she was a Psycho too)
I could go on, but the films in the list shouldn't have or could never have sequels because it's just plain silly.

For me, the Alien saga ended with Aliens.

The Terminator franchise doesn't include T3, but does include some of the Sarah Conner Chronicles. But only the parts that are awesome. :)

And there can be only 1 Highlander movie. :)

I agree with whoever said Fright Night. Its a classic. The sequel was awfull. I also thought Jaws was great alone. The sequels just ruined that poor fish. Blade is another one. the first was great, the others were just okay. Its really hard to beat the first, although I thought T3 did that in spades. Also Aliens as well. :D

I did a thread like this. It's called sequels I refuse to acknowledge ever happend
Most of you are answering the question in the same vain as that thread, i.e. after the fact of the movie before it. e.g Aliens. Well, I think Aliens could have had very good sequel if it had a good script. Sadly it didn't. The same goes for the Matrix.
Terminator 2 is a different kettle of fish. Cameron's ending of that story was so final and perfect there was no way it could have a sequel that made sense, and guess what happend, we got the stupid Terminator 3

Here is my list
Terminator 2 (The future has been changed. No sorry just delayed. :confused:
Highlander (There can be only one. Oh hang on, no theres more of you now and you're an alien)
Gladiator ( There are rumours :horror )
300 (same here)
Jurassic park ( Did you know I have another Island that I forgot to mention)
American Psycho ( Hey guys what if Patrick had a sister and she was a Psycho too)
I could go on, but the films in the list shouldn't have or could never have sequels because it's just plain silly.

Some great Points in this post

Hey now that you mention it, I think I remember that thread.:rotfl:rotfl

:lol
Yeah , But this guys thread is worded a little different to mine. I think he asking why make sequels to films that don't warrant them.
Even though Alien3 could have been a good film, if it had a good script. The version we got, started on the premise that somehow Alien eggs got on the Sulaco at the end of Aliens. When I watch Aliens I can't see the Queen holding an egg let alone eggs. Plus, when she attacks bishop, she comes out of her hiding place under the shuttle. No time to plant eggs on the ship. Stupid, just stupid.

OMFG . . . I wish I hadn't read this . . . I have been able to avoid any actual proof that Highlander sequels exist . . . that just makes me angry . . . :banghead

Although the movie did suck, the second island aspect did come from Crichton's novel.

I actually enjoyed Blade II much more than Blade *ducks for cover*

Blade III was ^^^^ing awful though
The mutated vampires with their twisted mouths were wicked cool, but come on Blade joining the vamps? and fallin for one was just too sappy. I didn"t care for that part at all. The special effects were cool though. Blade 3 with the baby being toted though the chase seen made me laugh. You could tell it was stiff plastic doll- I actually laughed at that. Theirs so much bad in that movie it hard to know where to begin.:lol

OMFG . . . I wish I hadn't read this . . . I have been able to avoid any actual proof that Highlander sequels exist . . . that just makes me angry . . . :banghead

:lol
Yea it makes me angry too cause Highlander 1 was quite good, Highlander 2 :banghead

Back