Films That You Wouldn't Consider to Have a Sequel(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the Future and Karate Kid.....seriously????

I couldn't watch them (or their sequels) then let alone reruns on tv now. Back to the Future (at least) had a unique concept but the movie :monkey4
Strictly my opinion of course..

May I ask how old you are Darkseed... I think both movies (but especially Karate Kid) are awesome for a specific age group. I was like 5 or so when Karate Kid came out so its a classic too me :lol

I was 11 and 12 when those movies came out, which I think is the perfect age for watching them, and they still hold a very special place in my heart.:love

Both movies are definitely a product of their times and need to have been experienced then to get the full effect.

Back to the Future and Karate Kid.....seriously????

I couldn't watch them (or their sequels) then let alone reruns on tv now. Back to the Future (at least) had a unique concept but the movie :monkey4
Strictly my opinion of course..

Blasphemy!!:lol

You must be pretty young. I saw both Karate Kid and Back to the Future in the theater (I'm 32) and they are both awesome.

How can you not love the tourney montage in Karate Kid?? "You're the best...aroooouuund. Nothin's ever gonna keep you down!!"

Those two movies, along with Goonies, Monster Squad and Stand By Me have the same effect on me. All awesome because I saw them very young.

Now, take a break from Michael Bay, Paul W.S. Anderson, and all the other quick-cut, spinning camera hacks and go rent these classics again. :rotfl

Blasphemy!!:lol

You must be pretty young. I saw both Karate Kid and Back to the Future in the theater (I'm 32) and they are both awesome.

How can you not love the tourney montage in Karate Kid?? "You're the best...aroooouuund. Nothin's ever gonna keep you down!!"

Those two movies, along with Goonies, Monster Squad and Stand By Me have the same effect on me. All awesome because I saw them very young.

Now, take a break from Michael Bay, Paul W.S. Anderson, and all the other quick-cut, spinning camera hacks and go rent these classics again. :rotfl

hehe agree!

Cant blame him though if he is a youngster,i wouldnt love the Karate Kid movie either.I watch classics sometimes,and to me its 50% movie and 50% memories that makes the movies worth watching again,not all of them are that great.

hehe agree!

Cant blame him though if he is a youngster,i wouldnt love the Karate Kid movie either.I watch classics sometimes,and to me its 50% movie and 50% memories that makes the movies worth watching again,not all of them are that great.

Hardly a youngster, I graduated high school in 1986 and college 1990. It puts me at about 41. Both movies came out when I was in high school.

I watched the first Back to the Future at a theater with a group of friends. Tried unsuccessfully (years later) to watch the other two. Never had an interest in Karate Kid......besides wipe on, wipe off was pretty funny.

(IMO) It is difficult watching (enjoying) older movies. I have a few that will be classics while others I'm wonder what I thinking at that point in my life to have enjoyed it :eek:

Hardly a youngster, I graduated high school in 1986 and college 1990. It puts me at about 41. Both movies came out when I was in high school.

I watched the first Back to the Future at a theater with a group of friends. Tried unsuccessfully (years later) to watch the other two. Never had an interest in Karate Kid......besides wipe on, wipe off was pretty funny.

(IMO) It is difficult watching (enjoying) older movies. I have a few that will be classics while others I'm wonder what I thinking at that point in my life to have enjoyed it :eek:

Ahhh ok,i would think people growing up during the 80s would love Back to the Future,one of 80s most memorable movies,cant wait for the saga coming to Blu-Ray.

I was born in 1983 and was just a little kid watching my first Arnie movie which was...well i think you know which one:lol

Ahhh ok,i would think people growing up during the 80s would love Back to the Future,one of 80s most memorable movies

I grew up in the 80's and had a great time. A wise master once said "Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is." I left my attachment to the 80's years ago. :rolleyes:

I'm more nostalgic about family traditions, life experiences than movies. Very rare do movies spark an emotion or reaction from days gone past.

I'm 17 and I love the Karate Kid, and all the Back to the Future movies. Plus most of the 80's action/horror flicks....

too many... but here are some....

1) Starship troopers 2 and 3.... garbage

2) Crows 2 3 4? 5? i dont know ... i lost count... way too many straight to video ones that i dont care about... even the young "JOHN CONNOR" took a role as a Crow... you ^^^^ing kidding me?

3) War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave
Someone shoot me pleaseeeeeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3T5vEGO2U

4) Species 2 3 4 5 6......................?

etc

Back