Films That You Wouldn't Consider to Have a Sequel(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know there are alot of Films out there that people like as Stand Alone Films which are ruined in a Way by having a Sequel
Eg for Me Highlander 1 was good and I wouldn't consider Highlander 2 or any of the many other Sequels as True Sequels
Another Example People would Consider Terminator 1 and 2 Good Films but they wouldn't count T3 as a Sequel
So What are some films you guys don't consider to have sequels?
Enjoy

The Karate Kid. The first ended perfectly, and I do not want to think of the other ones with them in Okinawa or the tourny fighting Mike Barnes as sequels. There is only one Karate Kid to me.

EDIT: Forgot about the horrid "The Next Karate Kid."

Also obviously Mortal Kombat and any other movie that replaces half the cast from the first film in the second one.

Last edited:
^^^ Karate Kid thats a good one I liked that film didn't care much for the films that followed

:D

Ghostbusters; Rush Hour; Saw ... just a few that come to mind.

I'm gonna get laughed at pretty bad about this one. But one of my favorite movies never should have had a sequel.... Greese.

I hate this new hollywood formula. First, make a completely stand alone movie. Second, market it as a solo movie. Third, watch to see its success level. Fourth, if it did really well suddenly reveal that its part of a trilogy. WTF!!!

POTC and The Matrix are the best examples. The first in both series were very obviously stand alone movies that based on their success became trilogies that they struggled to tie back to the first movie.

I don't think we even needed the original Crow... shat movie (IMO :monkey3)

Matrix, Conan, Highlander and Karate Kid are great examples... films I love, but hate the sequels.

I may be in the minority, but I think Back to the Future is perfect without the sequels. The first one is simply brilliant, even with its open-ended...um, ending.

I may be in the minority, but I think Back to the Future is perfect without the sequels. The first one is simply brilliant, even with its open-ended...um, ending.

I don't mind the sequels, but I don't ever watch them unless I happen to catch it playing on TV. Whereas the original is just badass :rock

Back