EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first thing I noticed is that the shoulders are far too round and bulky far too low down on the sides.

TNG shoulders are supposed to be straight across the top edge from the neck to the corner, and then straight down.

Shout out to Wwicked Designs for giving my display a pop.

Attachments

• 9351AD95-0CCF-4E53-8A20-35987712D222.jpeg
    9351AD95-0CCF-4E53-8A20-35987712D222.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
The first thing I noticed is that the shoulders are far too round and bulky far too low down on the sides.

TNG shoulders are supposed to be straight across the top edge from the neck to the corner, and then straight down.
Guess he still has an employee looking at comments here

The TNG uniforms shoulders were "round" and not a straight Shoulder drop like a suit.

Anovos did a good job in duplicating this pattern. I also confirmed this with a screen used top. The shoulders round.

Don't like our version? Don't buy, simple.

If you question him he is though. He hates when people point out anything. Tunnel vision- only Nanjin can be right.
Depends on who and how they say it. I've read some FB posts where people questioned him and he detailed out a reason why in a cordial manner and had a conversation about it.

Isn't that the best way to get a polite response? Be polite. Don't sound judgey. It's the same for him.

Except that anyone running a business should understand that the definition of a business that produces product to sell to a customer base is that said business operates to satisfy and please those customers first and foremost. And therefore, any business in this category should be beholden to that customer base to field reasonable questions and respond to reasonable concerns without requiring customers to genuflect and abase themselves at the feet of the business owner before their concerns are deemed worthy to be addressed.

That doesn't mean anyone should have to deal with vitriol or abuse, but expressing a legitimate concern, or even having a difference of opinion on a piece of merchandise one seeks to purchase, has no place in that category.

The trouble is, Voldemort is not running a business to satisfy customers, he's using customers to fund the manufacture of his personal dream collection! And in that light, it all makes sense. If you were building an addition onto your personal residence, and you have a very clear and precise set of plans to deliver exactly what you want, what would your attitude be towards neighbors popping by and saying, "Ooo, I wouldn't do what you're doing THAT way, its not going to look right and we (your neighbors) won't like it."? Your reaction would be "How DARE you! Mind your own business!"

And now you understand.

We should not be forced to stroke Voldemort's ego just to have our voices heard by his, or ANY company we want to work with.

And it's not like we're going to picket the factory if we don't get our way! We "Experts" are FOR SURE EXO's most prolific supporters and providers of funding, and yet we are treated at best like ingrates and at worst saboteurs.... It's not right.

But here I am buying all his stuff without pause or hesitation... 😭

Just curious what other people's thoughts are but Nanjin is always talking about the "5-year mission" which refers to the time he wants to oversee EXO-6. Isn't there only like 2 years left and it seems like we're missing a lot of characters still. I guess someone will take over for him and continue? At this rate we maybe get a figure every two months which is amazing but I'm just thinking of the amount of figures that have been discussed or teased. We still have about 7 TNG figures, 7+ for TOS plus some of the other lines (Voyager, DS9) aren't finished yet. This doesn't even take into account the movie figures. What do you guys think?

I really don’t think a lot of people were that rude to him to start off with. Some just gave suggestions and it was like the idea of that offended him because he knows all in regards to Star Trek figures. He kind of flipped the switch and made more people turn their opinions on him if you ask me.

Exactly... If there's any contentiousness coming from customers, it's pretty much all coming AFTER we've been dressed down and scolded for DARING to point out concerns or questioning choices they've made. You know, because HOW DARE WE have any concerns about products we want to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on. 🤷‍♂️

Except that anyone running a business should understand that the definition of a business that produces product to sell to a customer base is that said business operates to satisfy and please those customers first and foremost. And therefore, any business in this category should be beholden to that customer base to field reasonable questions and respond to reasonable concerns without requiring customers to genuflect and abase themselves at the feet of the business owner before their concerns are deemed worthy to be addressed.

That doesn't mean anyone should have to deal with vitriol or abuse, but expressing a legitimate concern, or even having a difference of opinion on a piece of merchandise one seeks to purchase, has no place in that category.

The trouble is, Voldemort is not running a business to satisfy customers, he's using customers to fund the manufacture of his personal dream collection! And in that light, it all makes sense. If you were building an addition onto your personal residence, and you have a very clear and precise set of plans to deliver exactly what you want, what would your attitude be towards neighbors popping by and saying, "Ooo, I wouldn't do what you're doing THAT way, its not going to look right and we (your neighbors) won't like it."? Your reaction would be "How DARE you! Mind your own business!"

And now you understand.

We should not be forced to stroke Voldemort's ego just to have our voices heard by his, or ANY company we want to work with.

And it's not like we're going to picket the factory if we don't get our way! We "Experts" are FOR SURE EXO's most prolific supporters and providers of funding, and yet we are treated at best like ingrates and at worst saboteurs.... It's not right.

But here I am buying all his stuff without pause or hesitation... 😭

I never took anything he said personal like it seems some of you guys have.

No one is forcing anyone to stroke his ego. He's also made it clear he doesn't want to hear anyone's opinions except people he knows have handled production pieces or have worked on the show (the real experts). Which to my knowledge isn't anyone here on this forum.

Granted a majority of the people here weren't rude to him, but some were, and sometimes that's all it takes. Does it forgive how he behaves now? No. He shouldn't take pot shots like he does, but it's not like people here are innocent bystanders, some here act worse towards him then he does towards the board in general. Two wrongs don't make a right. At some point you'd think one side or the other would just let it go and get over it. But like some twisted symbiotic relationship both sides seem to feed on this disdain of each other, so it never goes away.

End of the day I and I think many of you just want 1/6 Trek figures. There is no need to get wrapped up in this drama no matter who starts it. Just let the man make the figures and if you like them buy them, if not don't. Figures underselling sends a bigger message to him then griping about how he talks about the forum on FB.

I never took anything he said personal like it seems some of you guys have.

No one is forcing anyone to stroke his ego. He's also made it clear he doesn't want to hear anyone's opinions except people he knows have handled production pieces or have worked on the show (the real experts). Which to my knowledge isn't anyone here on this forum.

Granted a majority of the people here weren't rude to him, but some were, and sometimes that's all it takes. Does it forgive how he behaves now? No. He shouldn't take pot shots like he does, but it's not like people here are innocent bystanders, some here act worse towards him then he does towards the board in general. Two wrongs don't make a right. At some point you'd think one side or the other would just let it go and get over it. But like some twisted symbiotic relationship both sides seem to feed on this disdain of each other, so it never goes away.

End of the day I and I think many of you just want 1/6 Trek figures. There is no need to get wrapped up in this drama no matter who starts it. Just let the man make the figures and if you like them buy them, if not don't. Figures underselling sends a bigger message to him then griping about how he talks about the forum on FB.

I agree with a lot of this, and I think most of us have tried to understand the apparent pointlessness of fighting this fight or trying to get the other side to see reason with mere logic and common sense…..especially when that same common sense shows us time and time again how ineffectual this argument has been in getting any change in behavior.

But, sometimes the circumstance just sets us off (or maybe I should speak for myself). It’s just hard to abide being written off and chastised for what 99.99% of producers would see as valuable engaged feedback.

But that’s just more of the same tactic we’ve seen has no impact beyond drawing even more personal attacks.

I suppose the bottom line is that we need to recognize that we’re dealing with enigmatic personality here, and normal business relationships are just not going to work. I guess we’ll just have to try even harder to just sit back and let him make us the stuff we want and stop taking his idiosyncrasies personally.

At then end of the day, I guess we all want the same thing.

Last edited:
Just curious what other people's thoughts are but Nanjin is always talking about the "5-year mission" which refers to the time he wants to oversee EXO-6. Isn't there only like 2 years left and it seems like we're missing a lot of characters still. I guess someone will take over for him and continue? At this rate we maybe get a figure every two months which is amazing but I'm just thinking of the amount of figures that have been discussed or teased. We still have about 7 TNG figures, 7+ for TOS plus some of the other lines (Voyager, DS9) aren't finished yet. This doesn't even take into account the movie figures. What do you guys think?
They did recently get the license renewed, though not sure on the term or if he will be sticking around for the full extension. I would assume he would as (I believe) TOS is his holy grail so naturally he’d want to oversee that.

Isn't that the best way to get a polite response? Be polite. Don't sound judgey. It's the same for him.
Problem is it's impossible to predict what he might perceive as being judgey. And you can be as polite as can be, but question the color choice on a uniform or point out that the likeness needs a bit more work, and he'll fly off the handle at you.

Back