EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now granted it’s not final but Spot so far… yikes. I don’t understand why sixth scale companies have such difficulty with animals.
IMG_2995.jpeg

Take a look at some of the cats that JXK does for cats. Aside from some of the silly ones, or the ones that show the “wedding tackle” to an extreme, they do a good job.

See Hot Toys Einstein for that answer… yikes…I hope this gets improved. Yet companies like Schliech get it right.
Yeah, Einstein isn’t that great either. I don’t mind him though. Probably my worst animal is Jonesy from Alien.

I think the reason Spot not looking good annoys me is that it’s one of the selling points of the Standard edition. Should look better than she does.

Also sidebar- I always get thrown off with EXO-6’s labeling for figures with more than one edition. They do Essential and Standard. Just call it Standard and Deluxe. It’s confusing unless you know for sure.

Decided to part with my QMx Spock. A general collecting house clearing as I’m trying to get out of the hobby altogether, barring the once in a lifetime “must haves.”

Shipped Spock out this morning, and later in the day found a pristine copy of TOS on Blu-ray for $25. Strange. Keeping TMP Spock and hope to add TWOK and EXO’s TOS Spock over the next couple of years (or as long as it takes). My fervor and overall 1/6 interest has waned considerably, but I still hold out hope the wait will be worth it, and I’ll still care once they’re announced.🖖🏻

Could just be the typically uninspiring photography EXO is famous for, but feeling a little underwhelmed by these latest production shots of TNG Data. I assume he’ll be in hand, but if it really is just the photography, EXO really needs to invest a little in this category. I think it could boost presales considerably.

I assume these are just random iPhone shots of NT’s desk not intended for promotion, but still…everything you make public counts.

IMG_5815.jpeg
IMG_5818.jpeg

I just feel like they struggle with paint apps. The sculpt is there. The tailoring is obviously there. The painted head though.. iffy. Maybe that’s just poor lighting and bad photos by Nanjin.

They do... okay… on face paint, but not spectacular. The bigger issue I see is a lack of depth to hair — it’s all flat and one color.

They do... okay… on face paint, but not spectacular. The bigger issue I see is a lack of depth to hair — it’s all flat and one color.
Yep.. hair is an area of weakness on a lot of EXO-6 figures. It’s never very well defined and the way it’s painted looks kinda globby and lacking detail.

Seeing as those are just “quick and dirty” pictures I’m not concerned. The sculpt is strong, I’m optimistic the end product won’t disappoint.

Back