EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was low key when he made customs, then when he got the license, his ego went into overdrive.

He loves people kissing his ass so he starts posting more every day.

Most of the stuff I want will probably be available mainline. If it's stuff like the Mirror Picard head he has talked about, then I don't really want it anyway.

1682714556259.jpeg

1682715254240.jpeg

1682714775363.gif

He was low key when he made customs, then when he got the license, his ego went into overdrive.

I have to say, if my book gets glowing reviews when it comes out and everyone's telling me how fantastic it is, i think i might get a bit if an ego too. It's hard not to with that kind of feedback.

I can only imagine how it must have felt to get the Trek license basically single handedly. Twice.

Nanjin is a good dude from what I've seen. He loves Trek, that's all I need. Don't need him to tuck me in at night. Keep in mind that the people taking shots at him most likely haven't done squat for the Trek community. While Nanjin is producing Hot Toys level Trek figures.

Last edited:
Nanjin is a good dude from what I've seen. He loves Trek, that's all I need. Don't need him to tuck me in at night. Keep in mind that the people taking shots at him most likely haven't done squat for the Trek community. While Nanjin is producing Hot Toys level Trek figures.
Unidentified_Shoretrooper.png

You sound like you're part of it. Likely one of his Kool Aiders over there that lurks here.

Hot Toys level? On that we definitely disagree.

The only figures Iā€™d put in a top league are the TMP Kirk and Spock. Theyā€™re great quality. The rest are mediocre. Especially when you have bootleg companies like Mars in the game. They donā€™t pay a license, so can add loads of accessories, but theyā€™re still producing far superior sculpts.

I didn't want to say it, but aside from TMP (imo) exo releases are good but not great. My Janeway and TMP Kirk side by side look like 2 different companies.

It's just the fact we as collector's desperately want Trek merchandise. Especially 1/6 that we're taking whatever we can get. And Nanjin is exploiting that by dangling carrots in front of us, of what we can and can't have.

Could you imagine if Hot Toys said there were going to be exclusive releases to a certain club? This hobby would melt down.

Could you imagine if Hot Toys said there were going to be exclusive releases to a certain club? This hobby would melt down.
Exactly. There is enough retaliatory politics in the world today without it being brought into sixth-scale collecting. The very idea of it goes against everything Star Trek stands for.

I didn't want to say it, but aside from TMP (imo) exo releases are good but not great. My Janeway and TMP Kirk side by side look like 2 different companies.

It's just the fact we as collector's desperately want Trek merchandise. Especially 1/6 that we're taking whatever we can get. And Nanjin is exploiting that by dangling carrots in front of us, of what we can and can't have.

Theyā€™re very hit or miss. The TMP figures are some of their strongest. Mirror Sulu is also surprisingly really good. Sisko is also pretty good.

Honestly a lot of the VOY line has seemed a bit thrown together in my opinion. I donā€™t mean to be hasty but it feels like the quick schedule has had mixed results. The wonky eyes on Tuvok and Chakotay plus the paint apps on Janeway being pretty flat.

Hot Toys level? On that we definitely disagree.

The only figures Iā€™d put in a top league are the TMP Kirk and Spock. Theyā€™re great quality. The rest are mediocre. Especially when you have bootleg companies like Mars in the game. They donā€™t pay a license, so can add loads of accessories, but theyā€™re still producing far superior sculpts.
Funny you say this like this. I hate the Hot Toys comparisons all the time and I agree with your first response to EMH1000, But ā€¦the only EXO-6 figs I own at this moment are TMP Kirk & Spock. While I value you them as good representations of my favorite characters I feel those costumes are really pretty simple when compared to the few Hot Toys figures Iā€™ve purchased over the years. Those being First Blood Rambo, Col Trautman, Terminator, Terminator Robert Patrick cop, Sarah Connor, EndoSkeleton ( or is that Sideshow ?) Captain Jack Sparrow , DX5 Indiana Jones and more recently 2012 Captain America and the Mandolorian. I would even say the QMX figs and accessories are a higher level than TMP Kirk & Spock. Now ā€¦ Locutus May be better suitable for comparison to Hot Toys storm troopers and Iron Man , Mandolorians etc.

I'm still happy with most of the sculpts so far (the only major miss being the EMH), but they've definitely been let down at times by some flat paint apps.

And they at least have a bit of life and personality to them, and aren't a bunch of blank, lifeless sculpts like the vast majority of my HT figures. Which for me makes up quite a bit for the slightly caricaturish style. And at the moment I find myself admiring my Trek collection far more than anything else I have.

Comparing a company with 20 plus years experience & a massive production infrastructure, to a 2 year old company on a much smaller scale is hardly a fair comparison
Iā€™m not trying to compare them. I was just stating to the person saying that EXO-6 is on Hot Toys level that I donā€™t think theyā€™re quite there. Maybe the passion is there and I do enjoy the figures but theyā€™re far from perfect.

A person on FB EXO-6 pointed out that he thought the Harry Kim likeness was poor. The poster stated he was a big supporter of EXO-6 and a big fan of Voyager. He was met with : ā€œ What about Hot Toys ? They canā€™t get Chris Evans and Tom Hiddleston right !ā€ ā€”-
ā€”ā€”well ā€” the name of the forum is not ā€œHot Toysā€. Itā€™s EXO-6 . If you have a problem with Hot Toys or a complaint about a Marvel character, complain in a forum that says Hot Toys Avengers . STOP with the Hot Toys comparisons . Let EXO-6 speak for itself and the license that it is responsible for .

Back