EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?! How can we be aware of the date if you don't tell us the date well beforehand? Will other retailers receive quantities of Seven of Nine or she only through Exo-6? Seems to be you will need to produce at least as many Sevens as there were Janeways to keep the Ebay price from going through the roof.
We will send out emails and annoucements before the day.

We can do most productions but metal. Seven body has partial metal skeleton. We have to subcontract out and lost all the benefits of control comparing to doing things in house.

Good factories don't come easy. Easy come factories must have problems that's why they have time to do our work. See the logic? Cheap prices usually mean cheap stuffs because no demand.

I have a feeling we will piss some people off because of Seven availability. I am not able to shield Seven from the 1/6 production sector. She's on her Voyager away from our collective. She's on her own.

So people who read what I said better NOT promote Seven unless you secure an order. This is for your own good if you want a Seven. (Only crazy merchant will say things like this)

Last edited:
People were pissed off at the lack of notice when Janeway and the Doctor went up.

If you think Seven is going to piss people off, maybe rethink your strategy, or revise how figures are being announced maybe?

We will send out emails and annoucements before the day.

We can do most productions but metal. Seven body has partial metal skeleton. We have to subcontract out and lost all the benefits of control comparing to doing things in house.

Good factories don't come easy. Easy come factories must have problems that's why they have time to do our work. See the logic? Cheap prices usually mean cheap stuffs because no demand.

I have a feeling we will piss some people off because of Seven availability. I am not able to shield Seven from the 1/6 production sector. She's on her Voyager away from our collective. She's on her own.

So people who read what I said better NOT promote Seven unless you secure an order. This is for your own good if you want a Seven. (Only crazy merchant will say things like this)
I appreciate you addressing part of my concern but this doesn't really sound like a good strategy. Why not just accept that Seven will cost more and use another supplier who provide enough metal bodies to meet the demand? You want people to build their collection and complete their crew yet knowingly create a situation where they'll be more Janeways than Sevens.

I can tell you this, if I can't get Seven I'm not buying Tuvok or Chakotay. Why bother when one crew member will always be missing?

Also you didn't answer the part about other retailers. Will other stores have stock for Seven or just Exo-6?

People were pissed off at the lack of notice when Janeway and the Doctor went up.

If you think Seven is going to piss people off, maybe rethink your strategy, or revise how figures are being announced maybe?
We have no choice, and very little space to maneuver.

Janeway and The Doctor had their needed annoucements. Janeway was an under estimate in demand. We could easily deal with the new demand because we produced Janeway in house.

Seven is not.

In EXO-6 production, that's no room for extra or anything less in order to run smoothly. I am running a production NOT a license holder who relies on a trading company subcontracting the production to some factories.

Like I mentioned many times, we can't function basing on Demand, we Survive by running a smooth supply of figures.

We can't maximize profit. That's why no one wants to pick up 1/6 Star Trek except me.

Attachments

• ruk.jpg
    ruk.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 10
The name EXO-6 was from EXO III. Surely I will do something. Plus, a naked Kirk shouldn't be an issue 😅 I already had that organ shaped Stone done.

See, Andrea can be easily done with no adjustment needed from the main production timing by acting as a gap filler. With our current production know-how and technician in place, we only need to buy seamless small size bodies from vendor, produce heads and outfits in house, give her a Menagerie phaser. 3 female hands. Done. Bang Bang Bang, sold out, immediate shipment. The stock only need to stay in storage for a day or 2 (no carrying cost) Then move on to next gap filler whenever possible.

I suspect the quality might have slightly more detailing than regular productions because gap fillers will have no specific finish date. No pressure. Stop anytime, and pick up whenever there are gaps in productions.

Last edited:
We have no choice, and very little space to maneuver.

Janeway and The Doctor had their needed annoucements. Janeway was an under estimate in demand. We could easily deal with the new demand because we produced Janeway in house.

Seven is not.

In EXO-6 production, that's no room for extra or anything less in order to run smoothly. I am running a production NOT a license holder who relies on a trading company subcontracting the production to some factories.

Like I mentioned many times, we can't function basing on Demand, we Survive by running a smooth supply of figures.

We can't maximize profit. That's why no one wants to pick up 1/6 Star Trek except me.
Yeah I think people need to realize this is a special and unique situation, and not your typical 1/6 company that can just keep pumping out multiple batches of figures for months. It may not always be fair, but it sounds like this is just how it has to be for any of these Trek figures to get made.

I appreciate you addressing part of my concern but this doesn't really sound like a good strategy. Why not just accept that Seven will cost more and use another supplier who provide enough metal bodies to meet the demand? You want people to build their collection and complete their crew yet knowingly create a situation where they'll be more Janeways than Sevens.

I can tell you this, if I can't get Seven I'm not buying Tuvok or Chakotay. Why bother when one crew member will always be missing?

Also you didn't answer the part about other retailers. Will other stores have stock for Seven or just Exo-6?

I'll buy two Tuvoks and Chakotays to cover the loss.

I suppose one possibility is to release a Seven in her Starfleet uniform later on with just a standard jointed body. So that people who missed out on the first version can still have at least some representation of the character in their Voyager collection.

What?! How can we be aware of the date if you don't tell us the date well beforehand? Will other retailers receive quantities of Seven of Nine or she only through Exo-6? Seems to be you will need to produce at least as many Sevens as there were Janeways to keep the Ebay price from going through the roof.
Agreed. Seven of Nine is in the upper echelon of most popular Post-TOS Trek characters. The idea of not meeting demand with Seven of all characters is mind-blowing and a limiting factor for the line as a whole since many fans who can’t get Seven may just decide not to collect at all. This isn’t some rando like Harry Kim—this is a top-tier fan-favorite AAA character.

Email will send out.

Gap fillers are those less demanding figures or only produce in smaller quantities without pressure. Only a handful of people will think they are of any good like Andrea, Mudd, Edith from TOS, Founders in DS9, One from VOY. Majority will only praise them just to be polite and move on without 2nd thought, some might regret on a later date. People will learn to live.with it.

Trek is like an old truck with hex shape tires... Difficult to move forward or any form of momentum....even in a straight line.

I better stay on my toes, as I want them all. Thank you, Nanjin.

I suppose one possibility is to release a Seven in her Starfleet uniform later on with just a standard jointed body. So that people who missed out on the first version can still have at least some representation of the character in their Voyager collection.
She was only in that outfit for a single episode and her trademark Borg facial implants were concealed. I'm sure some die-hard folks would still buy it but I don't consider that to be a reasonable substitute. The better option would be to do a second edition when more metal bodies become available or to order from a larger supplier and accept that the cost will be higher. I'd be willing to pay more to order direct than to have to deal with Ebay scalpers.

Back