EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason why most Trek lines peter out quickly is because they do what you say: They release the heavy hitters first, and leave the less popular ones for the end.

What you SHOULD do is spread them out. You maximize profits that way. And, if you only want the heavy hitters, you have more time between releases.

I don't think that's Nanjin's plan, though (not that I know anything, this is all speculation). I THINK what he's doing is seeing how deep he can go - what people really want, and then plan based on that. He's hinted that Janeway exceeding expectations is what prompted him to start working on completing the Voyager crew in it's entirety. That's likely what's happening - the heavy hitters will come, he's just setting expectations for his production schedule/profitability.

So, yeah...I mean, I get what you're saying? But I completely disagree.

The reason why most Trek lines peter out quickly is because they do what you say: They release the heavy hitters first, and leave the less popular ones for the end.

What you SHOULD do is spread them out. You maximize profits that way. And, if you only want the heavy hitters, you have more time between releases.

I don't think that's Nanjin's plan, though (not that I know anything, this is all speculation). I THINK what he's doing is seeing how deep he can go - what people really want, and then plan based on that. He's hinted that Janeway exceeding expectations is what prompted him to start working on completing the Voyager crew in it's entirety. That's likely what's happening - the heavy hitters will come, he's just setting expectations for his production schedule/profitability.

So, yeah...I mean, I get what you're saying? But I completely disagree.
Time will tell but I'm not optimistic. Completing each crew was the original stated goal. Images of each crew were even posted in this forum. Exo-6 already missed its target goal for releases this year. For every Locutus and Q that gets made is a Crusher and Laforge that don't.

Main crew first. If there's time then we can talk about bonuses...

That is the quickest way to get this entire line shutdown.

Nanjin's explained in several posts all over this forum why other Trek lines always fail to meet the end goal of the entire crew.

He's got a plan, it's working, just be patient he will get to the main crew soon. There's like 14 figures coming next year (if I remembered the number right) Some of those will be the main TNG crew.

Time will tell but I'm not optimistic. Completing each crew was the original stated goal. Images of each crew were even posted in this forum. Exo-6 already missed its target goal for releases this year. For every Locutus and Q that gets made is a Crusher and Laforge that don't.
He missed it by 1. Never mind the fact everyone is still dealing with supply and delivery issues worldwide. He still managed to get 4 figures announced, made and in fan's hands, in a matter of months where most of the other companies take a year. I'd like you to find ANY other 1/6 company that can do that, especially a BRAND NEW company, that is barely a year old. Especially at this level of quality and price point.

For the record, I’m much more interested in the visually interesting characters like Q and Locutus. I don’t begrudge anyone who wants complete crews, but I’m glad to see these figures early in the line and they may just pull in an audience who would not necessarily pay attention to a sea of similar-looking uniformed figures.

I thought the goal here was to produce the main crew from each series. With all these sidetracks for Mirror Spock, Q and Locutus I think in four years EXO-6's TNG crew will look like this:
View attachment 551880

I think it has been explained already but to be successful, you've got to spread the different tiered figures around or the line will fail quickly.

But I must say that you had me literally laughing out loud with the pic above, (especially Geordi and Worf!) :rotfl:rotfl

For the record, I’m much more interested in the visually interesting characters like Q and Locutus. I don’t begrudge anyone who wants complete crews, but I’m glad to see these figures early in the line and they may just pull in an audience who would not necessarily pay attention to a sea of similar-looking uniformed figures.
Yup same here. If forced to choose I would much rather have some of these recurring characters and villains over a Crusher, Paris, or Hoshi, since they were far more interesting and memorable.

But fortunately we won't have to make that choice. All we gotta do is just have a little patience and let Nanjin do his thing.

I'd really love this red shirt in sixth-scale, getting fried by the Gorn weapon. He could have a light-up feature, with sizzling sound effects.

Attachments

• Big Red.png
    Big Red.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 20
I'd really love this red shirt in sixth-scale, getting fried by the Gorn weapon. He could have a light-up feature, with sizzling sound effects.
I would need a normal version of him too, so I can make a diorama PSA -
This is your security guard.
This is your security guard on Cestus III.
Any questions?

I'm SO jazzed that we have more Trek 1/6 figures coming available. I was very bummed when QMX screwed the pooch one their Trek line. I'm more a classic fan. My focus is mostly on that line including the movies. I've read I'm not the only collector salivating on the thought of classic movie characters in those awesome maroon uniforms
I would welcome the opportunity to buy more than just the crew. I would love to get other characters as well from episodes Klingons like Kang, Kolof and Kor. A Romulan, Andorian, Harry Mudd, Gorn is a must, Salt Vampire. A Mugatu with a Nancy Kovack kanutu witch woman, Shana the drill Thrall and so many others.

My only request. Is that the height on the figures would differ as they do on the characters. Seems on other manufacturers do that. Probably due to the cost of making different figure bodies.

Attachments

• 3247.jpg
    3247.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Nona-nativeAmerican-outfit.jpg
    Nona-nativeAmerican-outfit.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210929-224012_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-224012_eBay.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 46513225_373047526799560_3507639643921186816_n.jpg
    46513225_373047526799560_3507639643921186816_n.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Uhura_distracts_Hikaru_Sulu_mirror.jpg
    Uhura_distracts_Hikaru_Sulu_mirror.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 28
  • pike.png
    pike.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • It5.jpg
    It5.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 17799495_1505459832820861_4937616570999561533_n (1).jpg
    17799495_1505459832820861_4937616570999561533_n (1).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 241664812_10227340474320957_6896782544676094656_n.jpg
    241664812_10227340474320957_6896782544676094656_n.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Gorn (1).jpg
    Gorn (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 24
I'm SO jazzed that we have more Trek 1/6 figures coming available. I was very bummed when QMX screwed the pooch one their Trek line. I'm more a classic fan. My focus is mostly on that line including the movies. I've read I'm not the only collector salivating on the thought of classic movie characters in those awesome maroon uniforms
I would welcome the opportunity to buy more than just the crew. I would love to get other characters as well from episodes Klingons like Kang, Kolof and Kor. A Romulan, Andorian, Harry Mudd, Gorn is a must, Salt Vampire. A Mugatu with a Nancy Kovack kanutu witch woman, Shana the drill Thrall and so many others.

My only request. Is that the height on the figures would differ as they do on the characters. Seems on other manufacturers do that. Probably due to the cost of making different figure bodies.
Yes. Small companies like us mostly get into financial problems making bodies. A body molds can buy a decent NEW car. Some can even buy a Porsche.

We have more than 12 different configurations (a few are useless) This is how crazy I am, that's why Trek 1/6 has a limited life span, unavoidable.

Cherish it.

Yes. Small companies like us mostly get into financial problems making bodies. A body molds can buy a decent NEW car. Some can even buy a Porsche.

We have more than 12 different configurations (a few are useless) This is how crazy I am, that's why Trek 1/6 has a limited life span, unavoidable.

Cherish it.
"Crazy like a fox" -- as the saying goes. We definitely appreciate your passion for Star Trek, and how you focus that passion into a fine beam of positive energy -- just like the Enterprise's phasers -- one could say. May EXO-6 live long and prosper on its five-year mission.

I thought the goal here was to produce the main crew from each series. With all these sidetracks for Mirror Spock, Q and Locutus I think in four years EXO-6's TNG crew will look like this:
View attachment 551880

For God's sake please stick to the primary versions of characters before going off on alternate versions. I don't want to collect these if I'm going to end up with only half of the crew. Focus!

Use the picture below please:
View attachment 551881
Well I might want a Borg Drone, but not Locutus.

Probably doing certain key Borg characters makes the most sense. So Locutus, Hugh, and the Borg Queen. Not sure how many are going to buy a generic Borg. Same goes for any alien characters.

Back