EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounded to me like the initial preorders are still meant to go out around December. It's just the newer batch that will get delayed a bit. Although it's still a crazy fast delivery time for a 1/6 figure either way.
Original Janeway production is scheduled to release in Oct. Subsequent orders will be a month or 2 behind the first fulfillment.

I am still on my original schedule. Not changing it but will try to maneuver around the under estimated demand.

I just giving people one last chance before heading to the ocean. We are in a pond now, not much high waves and wind. Surely this won't be the case when we venture out to the ocean.

I have not more room to adjust for another on the spot increase production for the next 8 months (will lose another 1.5 months because of Chinese New Year). If the subsequent figures happen like Janeway, the 2nd run will need to wait for minimum of 6 months before I can even begin production. This means a 6-10 months turn around time for 2nd run.

Be warned. The feeling of missing a figure isnt good especially for 1/6 trek. That's why I kept repeating myself. It will happen.

The worst will be the incidental characters.... this will be even more limited in quantities....

1/6 Trek will end in 5 years. The sales volume will no longer able to support in-house production. Not much room around this if I only do Trek. (Smart and ratiinal business decisions makers will stop 1/6 Trek in 3 years)

Original Janeway production is scheduled to release in Oct. Subsequent orders will be a month or 2 behind the first fulfillment.

I am still on my original schedule. Not changing it but will try to maneuver around the under estimated demand.

I just giving people one last chance before heading to the ocean. We are in a pond now, not much high waves and wind. Surely this won't be the case when we venture out to the ocean.

I have not more room to adjust for another on the spot increase production for the next 8 months (will lose another 1.5 months because of Chinese New Year). If the subsequent figures happen like Janeway, the 2nd run will need to wait for minimum of 6 months before I can even begin production. This means a 6-10 months turn around time for 2nd run.

Be warned. The feeling of missing a figure isnt good especially for 1/6 trek. That's why I kept repeating myself. It will happen.

The worst will be the incidental characters.... this will be even more limited in quantities....

1/6 Trek will end in 5 years. The sales volume will no longer able to support in-house production. Not much room around this if I only do Trek. (Smart and ratiinal business decisions makers will stop 1/6 Trek in 3 years)

If you rush ahead with small production runs in order to produce a varied range of figures, with customers missing out and maybe no guarantee of a second run, won't you be risking upsetting more people in the long run? You may please someone if they manage to get a pre-order in for one figure in a series, then upset them if they miss the next one in that series.

It doesn't sound like five years of fun. And after all, a hobby is supposed to be fun. lol

If figures are selling so well so far you've already hit on a winning formula. You could be fulfilling more orders and extending your five year deadline into a plan that's more relaxed.

But then I'm only looking in from the outside, and you have your plan for success set out.

It's been a long time since I've had to worry about getting a pre-order in within minutes of it opening. I'd be ordering from the main UK source, but even they sold out of Janeway quickly. It doesn't bode well for when even more popular figures go up for pre-order.

Not sure if I want to the play this game, because I certainly wouldn't be paying eBay premium prices for anything I missed out on.

Not pre-sale, so no rush. Pre-sale won't start until 3 weeks later. This time no on the spot production increase. Janeway filled the backup schedule already.
is the production run larger than Janeway’s initial one? While I hope Trek keeps selling I hope I have at least 1-2 hours to place an order. I hate the pressure of am under 5 minute sellout. I don’t want to miss out due to work, connection issues, an emergency, etc. Granted this concern is from someone that bought Data and Janeway the 1st minute they went up and had no issues checking out.

Hmm yeah to be honest, I’m not loving the sound of this. Its obviously up to you Nanjin on how you run your business, but we are here because we love Trek. It’s been part of my life for the last 30 years but I don’t want to be fighting tooth and nail and risk missing out.

Im a paramedic down here, if I’m with a patient or something similar there’s a good chance I’ll miss out altogether. Seems a bit unfair.

Ah well, see what happens I guess.

If the smaller production runs are the only way he can make this whole thing work, and keep it going the next 5 years, then I'm perfectly fine with that. And it's only the main Exo-6 site that is selling out within hours, not all preorders everywhere. So I don't think it's really worth quite this much consternation from people. As long as you can get to a computer within the first 2 days, you should be able to find the figure somewhere. :dunno

If you rush ahead with small production runs in order to produce a varied range of figures, with customers missing out and maybe no guarantee of a second run, won't you be risking upsetting more people in the long run? You may please someone if they manage to get a pre-order in for one figure in a series, then upset them if they miss the next one in that series.

It doesn't sound like five years of fun. And after all, a hobby is supposed to be fun. lol

If figures are selling so well so far you've already hit on a winning formula. You could be fulfilling more orders and extending your five year deadline into a plan that's more relaxed.

But then I'm only looking in from the outside, and you have your plan for success set out.

It's been a long time since I've had to worry about getting a pre-order in within minutes of it opening. I'd be ordering from the main UK source, but even they sold out of Janeway quickly. It doesn't bode well for when even more popular figures go up for pre-order.

Not sure if I want to the play this game, because I certainly wouldn't be paying eBay premium prices for anything I missed out on.

That's why I'm tapping out now. I collect for enjoyment and fun, not to add further stress and frustration to my life. Got more than enough of that already. :lol
Much as I love Trek, and I have done pretty much all my life, I have zero interest in sitting in anxious wait at 2 or 3 in the morning here every release, and as no one seems to be carrying these with any kind of reliable regularity locally in Australia (popcultcha only put up Picard, from what I saw, never saw Data on their site, nor Janeaway so far...though Data may have sold out so quick I missed it), so I don't have the option to buy elsewhere without huge additional costs. Oh well, such is life. Can't have everything.

Best of luck to all those sticking in for the long haul. Hope you all beat the odds and don't miss out on anything you want. :)

If the smaller production runs are the only way he can make this whole thing work, and keep it going the next 5 years, then I'm perfectly fine with that. And it's only the main Exo-6 site that is selling out within hours, not all preorders everywhere. So I don't think it's really worth quite this much consternation from people. As long as you can get to a computer within the first 2 days, you should be able to find the figure somewhere. :dunno

You have more chances in the US.

Elsewhere not so many, and then it's premium prices (with shipping, taxes and fees) if the only places left to order from are in US.

I'll see how it goes.

Perhaps echoing others.
I would be concerned and upset if I committed and focused on having a complete set of a particular series and was lucky enough to score the ( let’s say ) Captain and first Officer only to get shut out of the second or third supporting character. E.g Lucky enough to make preorder for TWOK Kirk and Spock, shut out of McCoy and Khan. Or lucky enough to preorder Janeway but not in the right time or place to register for Chakotay . On the other hand , if I’m not able to get TWOK Kirk or Capt Janeway, I wouldn’t even bother to try for TWOK Spock or Chakotay .

Yeah, I'm with you all, this is going to be a very unenjoyable situation if all EXO-6 pre-orders are sold out within minutes. The pre-orders should be open a minimum of a couple of days or long weekend at least, maybe even a week.

As far as ordering from other vendors, why should I do that? I *want* to give EXO-6 my direct business, so I'd rather order from them. Additionally, why aren't the vendors being told "no, sorry, pre-orders are sold out" before EXO-6 customers are? Vendors should be placing their orders *after* the EXO-6 customers have had the chance to do so, IMHO. And the main reason for this is, I presume I get a 100% chance of receiving the product I want because I ordered directly from Exo-6, rather than gambling with an online vendor. Remember, how many people here did not receive their Scotty or Sulu figs because they didn't buy directly from QMX?

Nanjin, you are fond of using American football phraseology to explain your plans, so here's a counter-phraseology: make halftime adjustments. Otherwise, it's the equivalent of you playing a football game but your fans can't watch the game because they can't buy tickets. So please increase the pre-order time and increase production numbers if you have to - otherwise, a lot of us are going to throw in the towel sooner rather than later, and I don't see what purpose that serves anybody.

You are missing the key to 1/6 Trek. I owe the production, and is a totally different ball game in production. In that aspect, we must keep production running in every single minute of working hours for ALL employees. Any inefficient use of any one of them, will increase production cost exponentially in terms of hour used. They are not workers that can be hired anytime. They need to be trained, and they are becoming highly sort after by other factories now.

If I go by demand, then production schedule will be very choppy, thereby becoming inefficient. At least 1/3 of the employees will be sitting around counting fingers every week and eventually they will move on to better earning work. We workers were properly trained and motivated for 2 years. High demand.

The list goes on, and very very long, just image I screwed up the relationships with all those factories who are helping me (business world, I keep them happy they keep me happy)

Regular TOS TNG or releases like Twok won't have this problem. These productions run like any other producers. I have good ordering schedule for these like the choice of colors. They are a lot easier to schedule.

Everything else, go to speedy release and production.

That's why no one wants to do Trek. It will either fail in 4 years or move on to something else after 3. No way around this except what I am doing now.

Only way to do what you said is to have other licenses, expand the business and try my best not to give up Trek because it earns so little profit in such a long time comparing to other licenses.

Expand business beyond Trek means more constraints from all side. Naturally everyone in the operation wants to earn more. Then Trek will be one of those first thing to cut.

Last edited:
Regular TOS TNG or releases like Twok won't have this problem. These productions run like any other producers. I have good ordering schedule for these like the choice of colors. They are a lot easier to schedule.

giphy.gif

:lol

As far as ordering from other vendors, why should I do that? I *want* to give EXO-6 my direct business, so I'd rather order from them. Additionally, why aren't the vendors being told "no, sorry, pre-orders are sold out" before EXO-6 customers are? Vendors should be placing their orders *after* the EXO-6 customers have had the chance to do so, IMHO. And the main reason for this is, I presume I get a 100% chance of receiving the product I want because I ordered directly from Exo-6, rather than gambling with an online vendor. Remember, how many people here did not receive their Scotty or Sulu figs because they didn't buy directly from QMX?

As a counterpoint, I prefer ordering from trusted third party vendors. I order from BBTS because I don't have to pay an NRD and $25 shipping per item. This is convenient and more cost-effective for me. I would imagine it is also more cost-effective for businesses to ship large quantities to resellers than to ship individual orders direct to consumer.

However, I do agree with general sentiment on the board right now. As I become older, I become less and less interested in the chase. For me, this should be a simple equation. You have a product to sell, I have money, let me buy your product and let's move on. If you want me to jump through hoops just so that I can give you my money, I'm immediately less interested in what you have to offer.

If panic and FOMO is what you need to for your business to be successful, then I can understand that, and I wish you all the best. However, as others have stated, this hobby should first and foremost be fun, and I don't personally find this approach fun.

Think this way. Collect TOS TNG and TWOK. These won't have a problem.

The rest will be a ride. Something extra by chance. These other treks aren't supposed to exist anyway. I was just being at the right moment to have the license.
I assure TOS, TNG, twok fans not to worry. These have their own pre-sale production scheduling. But cones with different sets of issues. Deciding whether to buy the same characters already have.

Just start creating threads for each of these figures in the DC Comic section, lol. Pretty sure there are more released Star Trek figures this year than DC ones.

Agreed. I’ve kind of been saying this for a while. I know that Nanjin is going to say it’s the only way for Star Trek to work. I feel like it’s going to be a pain in a lot of ways.

Maybe some releases that are known to be popular won’t be as hard to get, but I feel like there will be characters that are going to sell out fast, and in that case we’re essentially being told that it doesn’t matter because there’s only going by a set production number and not demand.

To me if Janeway is an indicator of things to come I’m a little skeptical. Granted we’re getting a second run, but for a Captain figure to have not had a fairly large batch planned out from the get go seems weird to me. I know Nanjin said it was due to Voyager essentially being an unknown as far as demand, but I would still think that they would make enough of her to go around.

Last edited:
Also if you think sell outs are a pain now, just wait until the scalper side of the hobby notices and jumps on board, too... :horror

Back