EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voy had the same number of seasons as Next Gen and DS9, and lasted longer then Enterprise , so people were watching and coming back for more.
But like every franchise that goes on long, you have the gate keepers trying to shame the new viewers that- this isn't the "real" version, so it sucks and so do you for liking it. :lol
Not to say that this doesn’t happen, but there are quite a few examples in recent years where franchises are changed or have stupid decisions made. Either to appeal to a new audience or subvert expectations, and leave longtime fans behind in the process.

I did not mean you personally, but in general the show seems to get a lot of flak and Janeway is being called a bad captain. Chakotay also gets a lot of hate that I seriously don't understand. He does exactly what he is supposed to do as first officer, keeping the captain's back free and support her.

Yes, that's what I think too! In hindsight, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Sometimes it takes another look. At the time people just wanted different things from it and were disappointed the show didn't deliver.

I think the timing was just bad. There was too much Star Trek on TV. When I started to watch TOS all my life-long Trekkie friends were happy that I finally joined them. But when I tried to talk about Voyager to them, they said they never watched it, by the time it was on they had moved on to other things. Pity.

It seems that in general it is a series loved more by the women. Many said that they watched it as teenagers but then when moving on to College lost it from their sight, but now as adult women they find new things and inspiration in it.
Well the big problem for me at the time was I couldn't help but compare it with DS9 and its much more complex characters and sophisticated storytelling. As VOY just seemed generic and superficial as hell next to that.

But now that I can enjoy the show on its own terms these many years later, I find it actually works pretty darn well.

Voyager had amazing arcs and standalone episodes all the way through to the end.

Exactly why I'll get the entire crew.

My prediction is Janeway will sell out fast.

I don’t dislike Voyager necessarily. It was my least favorite of the classic era (TOS through ENT) of Star Trek, but I still watched it.

As far back as I remember it wasn’t that popular. It was usually people didn’t like VOY or ENT. I don’t see this as some crazy statement.

The show has gained some new popularity with streaming and whatnot through the years, and so good for it.

Probably a lot of people are thinking that it’s at least better than the modern crap. :lol
Isnt that true for the Trek franchise? TOS had terrible terrible rating. TOS fans kept growing after 1969. Samething for TNG first 3 seasons. don't know about the rest, but seems like they too, gained fans after the shows were off the air.

Generation gaps are here in Trek. The Voyager fans careless about TOS and TNG. In Japan, TNG is still the cannon.

Trek vs Trek written all over the franchise.

Well the big problem for me at the time was I couldn't help but compare it with DS9 and its much more complex characters and sophisticated storytelling. As VOY just seemed generic and superficial as hell next to that.

But now that I can enjoy the show on its own terms these many years later, I find it actually works pretty darn well.
I'm so happy you like it on your second try (proving me wrong that only women do ;) )

It certainly was the network that wanted standalone episodes. The writers were trying with arcs and character development but only were allowed so little. It was an odd decision to have both shows at the air at the same time. Of course that would lead to comparing.

I'll be curious to try DS9 one day and see if it holds up to all the praise. I've seen the one episode with the Tribbles and did like the characters immediately. That is a good sign.

I have three friends - one Russian, one Chinese, one American - who never have watched any Star Trek in their life before, watch Voyager and they all loved it. I think it is a gateway drug to then move on to the other series.

When TNG began I thought it was too soapy. Then DS9 began and was like Cheers in space. Voyager was just another TNG clone, but with a really annoying captain.

I got into TNG later and really got to like the crew and ship, but a re-watch didn't do it any favours. I can't even bring myself to re-watch the final season. Characters who I really liked started to get on my nerves, particularly Troi due to Sirtis' acting, and Picard because Stewart practically acted everyone else off the screen apart from de Lancie.

Enterprise was okay, but nothing special.

Discovery was weird because it looked so much more modern than TOS due to contemporary film techniques. Just as well they jumped forward in time.

Picard was depressing.

Never had any interest in the Kelvin series.

I've come to the conclusion that the only Trek I still care about is TOS and its films. The various TNG era series kept rehashing the same stories over and over, and as Drake said, the franchise was stretched thin. It became cheesy, like soft gooey brie, and often quite sickly with it. The best episodes of TNG were the holodeck episodes, and any time Q appeared. The rest often felt like filler awaiting either of the two aforementioned events.

The TOS was a good hard cheddar by comparison, ripe with nostalgia. It's probably the next best thing to OT/Mandalorian era Star Wars as far as SF shows go.

Isnt that true for the Trek franchise? TOS had terrible terrible rating. TOS fans kept growing after 1969. Samething for TNG first 3 seasons. don't know about the rest, but seems like they too, gained fans after the shows were off the air.

Generation gaps are here in Trek. The Voyager fans careless about TOS and TNG. In Japan, TNG is still the cannon.

Trek vs Trek written all over the franchise.
I have a German friend who lives in Japan, he says nobody there knows Star Trek! He says Western stuff is not on the air, as they have their own anime shows and stuff.
This is the first I hear about TNG being a thing there! Maybe he did mean TOS Star Trek.

Which I did watch first and fell in love with it, but I just could not see myself going through all other series at the time, trying to catch up with 50 years of fandom seemed impossible.

It was actually Orville and all the comparison with Star Trek that brought me back! I only wanted to educate myself. It was a lucky coincidence that Voyager started first on German TV. I seriously had not planned to fall so much in love. How did that happen.

Voyager also had one of the most satisfying series endings of them all.

What I do hope for is a "Villain" line to compliment the "Captains" line, as well.
Tentatively, Villains or non starfleet characters have no set schedule or series. They will jump throughout Trekverse, and they won't be done one after another and wait forever for the next. I might have 4 or 5 characters out in one month or non at all.

It somewhat surprises me that Janeway is that in demand. I would have thought Data and Picard would be bigger movers.
TNG Picard & Data, sure. But not the movie versions. I’m pretty sure Nanjin picked FC as his first figures to test the waters with smaller demand. The TV show uniforms are what most people will want.

Janeway in her VOY uniform taps into that memory people have. I’m sure TNG & TOS figures will do the same.

TNG Picard & Data, sure. But not the movie versions. I’m pretty sure Nanjin picked FC as his first figures to test the waters with smaller demand. The TV show uniforms are what most people will want.

Janeway in her VOY uniform taps into that memory people have. I’m sure TNG & TOS figures will do the same.
I suppose that might be part of the reason. The TNG movie uniforms aren’t quite as iconic overall.

A lot of people probably think of tv for Star Trek more than the films. Although I do think the TOS movie uniforms from II through VI are pretty iconic too.

I'm all in on the captains. Looking forward to updating my captains display with higher-quality figures.

IMG_0585.JPG

Still a cool collection even though those are outdated. Hopefully the Jeffrey Hunter version of Pike comes with that away jacket as that’s probably how I would display him.

I think I may try to focus on collecting just favorite characters across all series… My “Dream-Team / All-Stars”.

If I do try to complete a crew, it will probably be DS9 (my favorite series, with the highest concentration of favorite characters) and/or TOS… because they are true icons in pop culture history.

Time, budget, shelf-space, and self-discipline will tell!

Tentatively, Villains or non starfleet characters have no set schedule or series. They will jump throughout Trekverse, and they won't be done one after another and wait forever for the next. I might have 4 or 5 characters out in one month or non at all.
That's what I was expecting. Having them beam in, strewn in between the major characters and assisting in sales of both, as an added bonus.

This line has so much potential. Exciting times.

Janeway looks fantastic. Will be an immediate pre-order.

This line is going to get me into trouble. I’m going to have to edit down some of my future collecting plans and add new display cases to the house.

View attachment 534918

I was going to release Capt Pike... but took them off my chart after Trek announced new outfits for Strange New World. That's why I am posting Pike again. This figure is not going to production. It has became my personal collection.

He is a beautiful figure. Only twok uniforms can.come close.

Very cool, though I do have to wonder why the hair sculpt is so soft. Data also has a soft hair sculpt, so I'm wondering if it's a stylistic choice.

Janeway looks fantastic. Will be an immediate pre-order.

This line is going to get me into trouble. I’m going to have to edit down some of my future collecting plans and add new display cases to the house.
This is my intention. 1/6 collectors and at the same time a Trek fan will not miss EXO-6 releases. Already proven from the last 5 years. I don't even need to make sales calls. They come to us.

I am actually competing with the Big Boys.

EXO-6 1st year is to build confidence. Friends will need some outside influence to change their buying behaviors. How do we accomplish this? Do everything other 1/6 can't do while showing everyone we can do the same qualities figures as the Big Boys.

Seriously, with so many characters in Trek. EXO-6 can be the HT for ViacomCBS Trek as long as we keep our operation small.

(Janeway momentum is still strong).

Back