EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be a struggle for me. An artistry vs actual love for the character. I was so going to pass on Sisko, but now I see him and I`m gonna take him. What a sculpt!
I'm struggling on Sisko as well always been a fan of Avery Brooks.

Attachments

• m74uky5bq1c41.jpg
    m74uky5bq1c41.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 85
Always look at your budget before deciding what you want.... Most friends will have regrets, is unavoidable for 1/6 Trek.

We will have a release schedule down the road so friends can have clear path of their 1/6 trek collection venture, and budget accordingly beforehand to avoid looking at what they don't really want (minimize regrets)

I am serious about this, my friends. I am measuring my performance by the amount of regrets. The more regrets, the more successful 1/6 Trek will be. (At least up until late 2022).

This is a natural phenomenon for collectible. It is nothing new. I just flow along with it and take advantage of it.
I have a family member who is a huge hot toys follower, but also a big Star Trek fan. I let him know what was going on a few months ago about EXO 6, now he's regretting and still humming on Data and Picard. I told him not to pass up TNG, he thought Janeway was awesome too. I showed him my qmx khan and captain's chair, and order the chair immediately to accompany EXO-6 TOS.

Basing on the 2 hours of online traffic statistic since Janeway's announcement, she is out performing FC Data and Picard.

If she sells out before Sunday, then Janeway should have 2x of what FC Data and Picard.

We will see by Sunday. Seems like Janeway will need to do a 2nd run from what I am seeing now.

Janeway does well, it will benefit All other Trek.

I want a 1/6 Starfleet, we have to draw a line, can't let HT's Wars clan take all the spotlights all the time.

Is our turn 😊
Hello Nanjin! You mentioned if she sells out by Sunday, another run might be needed. Does that mean she'll only be available from the EXO-6 site? Forgive the question, but I want to make sure I know what you mean.

Hello Nanjin! You mentioned if she sells out by Sunday, another run might be needed. Does that mean she'll only be available from the EXO-6 site? Forgive the question, but I want to make sure I know what you mean.
These figures are more limited than typical sixth scale offerings. There’s a set ordering period from EXO-6’s website (I think around a month). After that point you can get them through other retailers while their stock lasts. Data and Picard are both on waitlist for instance.

View attachment 534918

I was going to release Capt Pike... but took them off my chart after Trek announced new outfits for Strange New World. That's why I am posting Pike again. This figure is not going to production. It has became my personal collection.

He is a beautiful figure. Only twok uniforms can.come close.

Such a shame, as I would have loved to own this version too. But hopefully we at least get a SNW Pike at some point.

T
There are other outlets carrying EXO-6 figures. Not appropriate for me to mention them here, unfair for anyone of them. They shouldn't be difficult to locate. All you guys know who they are.

EXO-6 might have to do 2 or even 3 seperate fulfillments for Janeway. Responses are way above my expectation so far, fans reactions out performing any historic 1/6 announcements that I experienced in the last 5 years (I am talking about TOS, TNG, and FC).

All parts of Janeway production are locked dead in place since March. But I have reserved a backup production schedule to accompany one or two figures for back-to-back 2nd production. If Janeway has a demand overwhelming supply situation, I will utilize this backup and deliver the 2nd Janeway fulfillment within 2 months from the 1st while not affecting the schedules that are already in place (lay down your bets for these 🤣)

We will find out this weekend. I have a strong feeling that Janeway will sell out if not this weekend then by next Wednesday. I am betting heavy on this outcome.

It somewhat surprises me that Janeway is that in demand. I would have thought Data and Picard would be bigger movers.

It somewhat surprises me that Janeway is that in demand. I would have thought Data and Picard would be bigger movers.
I'm not surprised. I am surprised everyone says that Voyager has no fans.
The documentary that we funded with crowd funding in March, surpassed the DS9 documentary on its first day and ended up as the highest crossing crowdfunding for a documentary.
The fans are out there. They may not be as loud as others, but they are there when it counts.

Netflix seems to have brought new fans to Voyager's & DS9. Both trend regular on Netflix (pitty CBS won't up grade them both to HD).
Maybe these new fans are part are the surge in Janeways popularity?

Are we now in fast announcement mode? Can we expect crew from Voyager to be announced before the end of August, Nanjin?

Netflix seems to have brought new fans to Voyager's & DS9. Both trend regular on Netflix (pitty CBS won't up grade them both to HD).
I know a few young attorneys in their early 30s who have been Voyager fans since their elementary years but never mentioned about it until I brought up the subject during conversations. I could see them transformed into 9 years old when we discussed Voyager. The founder of NetDragon is a huge fan of Voyager. He even said without Voyager, he would just be an engineer working somewhere in the US now.

In my opinion and observation, beside TOS TNG, all other Trek series are unknown territories for high end collectibles. EXO-6 will explore this Strange New World 😊
CN-AA353_netdra_G_20150524223908.jpg

That's true! I am also a fanfiction author at AO3 and I see so many new authors coming in with their first story who just have started watching the show. Makes me feel less bad. I certainly was not the last discovering it!

I'm not surprised. I am surprised everyone says that Voyager has no fans.
The documentary that we funded with crowd funding in March, surpassed the DS9 documentary on its first day and ended up as the highest crossing crowdfunding for a documentary.
The fans are out there. They may not be as loud as others, but they are there when it counts.
I don’t dislike Voyager necessarily. It was my least favorite of the classic era (TOS through ENT) of Star Trek, but I still watched it.

As far back as I remember it wasn’t that popular. It was usually people didn’t like VOY or ENT. I don’t see this as some crazy statement.

The show has gained some new popularity with streaming and whatnot through the years, and so good for it.

Probably a lot of people are thinking that it’s at least better than the modern crap. :lol

Tempting as these are, I'll stick with Kirk, Spock, and maybe a Picard or something else TNG related. A WoK Khan is a must for me too. I'm not venturing further in my Treks. I just hope that when these figs come about I'll be able to fit them in my schedule. They do look great though and I can't wait to see more.

PS: I wonder, as Kelvin figures on the table? I'd buy Pine Kirk, Quinto Spock, Urban Bones and Cumberbatch Khan as I like the actors.

I don’t dislike Voyager necessarily. It was my least favorite of the classic era (TOS through ENT) of Star Trek, but I still watched it.

As far back as I remember it wasn’t that popular. It was usually people didn’t like VOY or ENT. I don’t see this as some crazy statement.

The show has gained some new popularity with streaming and whatnot through the years, and so good for it.

Probably a lot of people are thinking that it’s at least better than the modern crap. :lol

I did not mean you personally, but in general the show seems to get a lot of flak and Janeway is being called a bad captain. Chakotay also gets a lot of hate that I seriously don't understand. He does exactly what he is supposed to do as first officer, keeping the captain's back free and support her.

Yes, that's what I think too! In hindsight, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Sometimes it takes another look. At the time people just wanted different things from it and were disappointed the show didn't deliver.

I think the timing was just bad. There was too much Star Trek on TV. When I started to watch TOS all my life-long Trekkie friends were happy that I finally joined them. But when I tried to talk about Voyager to them, they said they never watched it, by the time it was on they had moved on to other things. Pity.

It seems that in general it is a series loved more by the women. Many said that they watched it as teenagers but then when moving on to College lost it from their sight, but now as adult women they find new things and inspiration in it.

I think much like the Star Wars prequels did, Voyager has hit the goldilocks zone in recent years as far as nostalgic fondness goes for a certain generation of collectors/fans/geeks. The generation that grew up with Voyager as their Trek and the prequels as their Star Wars would now be a not insignificant block of collectors in today's market.

For those of us that were there through all the 80's, 90's and early 00's Treks, Voyager may have felt like just more of the same, and a franchise stretched thin, but to those who got their entry into Trek via Voyager, without that same baggage, it would have played a whole lot different.

Last edited:
Voy had the same number of seasons as Next Gen and DS9, and lasted longer then Enterprise , so people were watching and coming back for more.
But like every franchise that goes on long, you have the gate keepers trying to shame the new viewers that- this isn't the "real" version, so it sucks and so do you for liking it. :lol

Last edited:
Back